What do you think?

• Good

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

soybeansoy3

Honorable Pirate
I will heavily recommend to redo the items you receive from weapon upgrade quests! They are like mini Raven's Cove quests from crying out loud, they take so long! Then to realize that you get a crude weapon which you are never going to use and probably will trash in order to get other famed items! I understand these were the best weapons you can obtain back in the day before looting, now that there is looting... maybe switch up your rewards for these quests. Maybe making them all famed items? Then players would at least be motivated to use around 4 hours of playtime just to finish one of these!

For example, the 'Fine Cutlass Upgrade'. It required to travel all around the Caribbean, sinking around 40 ships and killing over 50 enemies! That's. Just. Too. Tedious. What I would suggest is that, you can make the Fine Cutlass a famed cutlass that is equivalent to let's say... Commodore's Cutlass! I'll continue this this list with all the other weapons you can obtain from 'Weapon Upgrade Quests'.

the '~' emphasizes that the weapon should have similar stats / model to the other weapon.

Fine Cutlass ~ Commodore's Cutlass

Pirate Blade ~ Bejeweled Broadsword (I know it's suppose to be a cutlass, but it has the same texture as this.)

Grand Pistol ~ Seven Seas Repeater (Decreased stats but keep it famed.)

Tri-Barrel ~ Orangutan Repeater

Taboo Doll ~ Spell Binder Doll

Pirate Doll ~ Privateer Doll (Give it a bit better stats and make it famed.)

Coltello should get better stats and be famed. (Make more daggers with this texture, it's awesome!)

Bloodletter is the same I said for Coltello.

Vile Staff / Harrow Staff should have way better stats, but keep it rare due to the fact that there are no famed staves yet.

So what do you think about this idea? Leave it in the comments! Thank you!

I still use my Grand Pistol. At lvl 42.

Maybe make em rares and famed with unique traits for that specific item. For the Grand Pistol, for example, it could have a skill (the one that charges with damage) that has the gun fire all three shots at once.
Or something along those lines.

This is a great idea! It would actually make doing the upgrade quests worth it! Maybe it could be used to add new weapons into the game? For instance, make them at least rare or better, but instead of having something like Silver Freeze as a reward, have it be a completely new sword you can't get anywhere else and have unique attacks.

This is a great idea! It would actually make doing the upgrade quests worth it! Maybe it could be used to add new weapons into the game? For instance, make them at least rare or better, but instead of having something like Silver Freeze as a reward, have it be a completely new sword you can't get anywhere else and have unique attacks.

Sound fine with me!

Back