SvS My Ideas (and complaints) about ship vs ship

OrionSenpai

Honorable Pirate
I've noticed that there is an extreme lack of people looking to engage in SvS combat and that is completely understandable considering that tlopo has only recently hit 100,000 players, but one thing that bothers me is that the French PvP rewards are broken, and you are not able to purchase anything. I believe that there should be a SvS queuing system that will gather players to be put in a arena that way people wouldn't have to go look for enemy ships.

The biggest issue is how sailing doesn't really sync properly, and broadsides don't lock on. Once sailing feels a lot better people will sail more often.

Another one of the biggest issues here is to be competitive in SvS you need a fully decked out ship. Not a lot of people have these, or have the time to get one, so not a lot of people gather crews to play it. A solution to this would be have some specific SvS rulesets (such as specific servers, every second weekend, certain days of the week, etc) where when you launch your ship from SvS islands they are launched as if they have no upgrades on them. That forces everyone to play with unmodified ships, giving a much more "entry level" server to SvS and forcing everyone to play on even footing in the ship department.

The biggest issue is how sailing doesn't really sync properly, and broadsides don't lock on. Once sailing feels a lot better people will sail more often.

Another one of the biggest issues here is to be competitive in SvS you need a fully decked out ship. Not a lot of people have these, or have the time to get one, so not a lot of people gather crews to play it. A solution to this would be have some specific SvS rulesets (such as specific servers, every second weekend, certain days of the week, etc) where when you launch your ship from SvS islands they are launched as if they have no upgrades on them. That forces everyone to play with unmodified ships, giving a much more "entry level" server to SvS and forcing everyone to play on even footing in the ship department.
I do believe that putting restrictions on ship modifications would be a smart idea, and if they added queuing system I would recommend matching people with similar sailing level and the same ship tier, for example: Pirate 1 has a light sloop and level 10 sailing and pirate 2 has a light galleon and level 12 sailing.

If there was just one server dedicated to being a specialty SVS server where when you launch, you keep your ship type but with absolutely no ship upgrades (Just like the olden days) for example Andaba.

And on every other server, including Abassa, things stay the way they are currently. It would cause a big spike in SVS again I think for lower leveled pirates as well as masters. And if people find that they enjoy doing SVS so much that they want to put all their time into ship upgrades to be ultra competitive, Abassa is still the place to do so.

Back