My open fire ship skill is not working

Mines been working consistantly oddly enough , been only sailing with 2 of my pirates for about 8 - 9 days now and yet to have It not work , Now for the rest of me pirates .... that'll be the Issue !

Yes, mine is very intermittent. It will usually, maybe always?, work the first time on a run but after that you just never know what it'll do. It also often starts working again after several fails some time later in the same run.
last night I paid close attention to it and like you said the first time it works. After that it doesn't work for a while. Ever so often it will work sporadically.

I can safely report that it's not working correctly on any of my pirates (12 and counting), while others in the game have no problems at all with it.
It's some odd quirk with the game that affects some players and not others. Beta issues. I'm sure there's still a laundry list of bugs still needing to be ironed out.
Have patience. Good luck, etc, lol!

I can safely report that it's not working correctly on any of my pirates (12 and counting), while others in the game have no problems at all with it.
It's some odd quirk with the game that affects some players and not others. Beta issues. I'm sure there's still a laundry list of bugs still needing to be ironed out.
Have patience. Good luck, etc, lol!
Mine does sometimes work correctly for a whole run but more often malfunctions at some point.

As far as we can determine its happens when you use a sailing skill within a second of another one finishing.
For example you put up take cover and while take cover is up, you try to put up open fire. You are now bugged.

You gotta let any sailing command including full sail and broadside attacks finish for a second before putting up a new one.
If you get bugged only fix I know of is to log out and log back in.

Thank Ocean Tide for figuring most of this out if you see her.

As far as we can determine its happens when you use a sailing skill within a second of another one finishing.
For example you put up take cover and while take cover is up, you try to put up open fire. You are now bugged.

You gotta let any sailing command including full sail and broadside attacks finish for a second before putting up a new one.
If you get bugged only fix I know of is to log out and log back in.

Thank Ocean Tide for figuring most of this out if you see her.
My open fire often starts working again on the same run that it malfunctioned on without relogging or doing anything to try and fix it.

My open fire often starts working again on the same run that it malfunctioned on without relogging or doing anything to try and fix it.
Some people have said that, I have never seen it start working once it stops. Maybe there is another combo that resets the glitch but we haven't figured that part out yet.

Some people have said that, I have never seen it start working once it stops. Maybe there is another combo that resets the glitch but we haven't figured that part out yet.
I would say that it starts working again a lot more often than not for me. I've not noticed whether it will malfunction more than once on a run or not but I suspect it does, I'll check and let you know.

My works at random on the same loot run , works , stops , works stops , stops , may work , may stop , may sink ! lol ......... :jar:

Back