Discussion My opinion on this "lovely" community, Read and report me

OrionSenpai

Honorable Pirate
I began playing POTCO in it's earliest days and played it till the end, back then the community was fine some bad parts but others absolutely dandy. And when I started playing TLOPO in late alpha I noticed the community was becoming more "Toxic" slowly at first though. But it has gotten to the point where I can't say that I prefer not being in a guild for the lack of a kind community without people saying that I am a "noob" or that no one even knows who I am. And the fact of the matter is this community has gotten to the point where it is an absolute flop. Every where I go I see people flaunting their social status and luck gotten loot saying all that do not have it are inferior, I know this is not every one there are still some like this. Even though there is a many of people like this there are others who are the complete opposite who take every little action that is not "Helping to strengthen the community" with great offense and complain about them. I am not saying I am not toxic, in fact this entire thread's purpose is to show both mine and the community's toxicity. In all honesty I hope I get some form of punishment to show that you cannot say that something about it is bad without getting away with it

My thoughts on a solution: Build a stronger community, put some grip around those like myself who worsen it, Have more staff members build connections with new players to set them on the right track so they can in the future strengthen "us" as a whole.

B A N M E

As the community slowly tears itself apart and becomes more toxic, I will still be waiting patiently for Mood Rock.
We should all set aside our hate and unite to make TLOPO a better game for all.
If we do end up burning down (I pray this is not the case), I hope this community arises like a phoenix, and doesn't implode like an atomic bomb.
1.png

I wish that our community doesn't behave like this for much longer.
We do not want to set off TLOPO's version of Pu-239, whatever that may be...

In all honesty I hope I get some form of punishment to show that you cannot say that something about it is bad without getting away with it
That's not really the case, but the thread may be locked if things get out of hand. The forums aren't exactly devoid of criticism, to say the least. We only take action against users if they break our rules (ie. trolling/flaming/N&S/etc). There is likely a stronger correlation between rule violations and critical threads than other sorts of threads though, but that's not entirely surprising since critical threads are the ones that get everyone all stirred up.

Anyways, my 0.02 on the topic at hand: there are good and bad eggs in any community. I'm sorry if you've had a hard time finding a good group of people to play the game with, but they are out there. I'd recommend trying to find a guild that you enjoy. In my experience, guilds are generally the easiest way to make friends in-game, and if you find a good one you'll build comradery with a group of non-toxic players.

Leaving Abassa/Tortuga also probably helps.

The community does have its share of negative/toxic people (then again show me one community that has any less lol)

People who only talk about loot and how much stuff they got bore me tbh but I wouldn't say they are a bad part of the community for it. They just have over swelling EGO!! :D

I haven't seen the Forums "censor" a criticizing post unless it was more of an insult and blame post which doesn't help anyone.

May I suggest that if you really want to help make the community better why not start with yourself :)
Why say "people like myself who worsen it"? You can make it better! :)

Why not welcome new members yourself aswell and explain to them this is a BETA game and will have bugs and glitches and we are all here to test and help the staff make it better.

The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members.
<3

If you think this community is so bad that it even remotely comes close to ruining the experience go play League of Legends lol.

Ive played league for about 7 years now and it is the single worst online community I have ever had the misfortune of being a part of. That being said there are still many examples of great players who go above and beyond to welcome others.

When comparing the two games TLOPO is miles and miles ahead of league and our community is nowhere near as toxic as it seems. I've very rarely experienced genuine toxicity when playing this game since alpha. Pettiness yes, superiority complexes yes, generally rude players yes, but i have never once had an experience with a single player or group of plays that I would brand as legitimate toxicity. Theres no way to avoid having bad seeds in the community, the devs do there best but its literally impossible with a community this size

LOL dude this is my second day back since disney closed it and some guy was throwing grenades at me so i said "ooh youre hard" (as a joke) because thats what we say in the UK when someone acts tough and he reported me for "being inappropriate". Where did these snowflakes come from?

Last edited:
LOL dude this is my second day back since disney closed it and some guy was throwing grenades at me so i said "ooh youre hard" (as a joke) because thats what we say in the UK when someone acts tough and he reported me for "being inappropriate". Where did these snowflakes come from?
community is very bipolar. most of the people you would see are the cancerous people (such as myself) who sit in tortuga all day and are either hypersensitive or really toxic. there's plenty of good-hearted people though, but they're actually playing the game, not sitting in tortuga getting their daily dose of vitamin d from their pc screen.

People who only talk about loot and how much stuff they got bore me tbh but I wouldn't say they are a bad part of the community for it. They just have over swelling EGO!!

This so true, with staff as well as certain guilds and ppl who imo cant really play the game so sit in abassa, tortuga ALL DAY! lol

I personal do not join any guilds because of the community, and really hate when random ppl just port to me and just start looting where I am (and some guilds were just sooo boring, no blue chat at all). So I just stay in my own guild and if anyone on my friends list ports and does that.. it is a quick delete! c: That being said lol I really dont friend ppl at all unless I have seen how they are, which mainly is if i join a public ship, and one awesome friend Ik since potco.

P.S. @MMDR has the perfect guild for you lol "Ban ME" c:

This community is okay. Have you ever played LOL? Overwatch? They would make you cry over there. And, if you think this is toxic you must have skipped the SVS scene back in the day. Best thing to do is ignore people. When people that want attention don't receive it they go away lol.

UPDATE: Some in freak in tortuga calling me an "immigrant" when he's called "Zaid" whilst throwing bombs of me. No irony there LOL
report count: about 4

I am not saying I am not toxic, in fact this entire thread's purpose is to show both mine and the community's toxicity. In all honesty I hope I get some form of punishment to show that you cannot say that something about it is bad without getting away with it

My thoughts on a solution: Build a stronger community, put some grip around those like myself who worsen it, Have more staff members build connections with new players to set them on the right track so they can in the future strengthen "us" as a whole.

B A N M E
What exactly makes you a toxic and worst person than anyone else? I'd like to know because the fact that you cared enough to make this post gives me the impression you don't truly believe this about yourself. I would think a toxic and 'worse' person wouldn't have bothered in the first place.
You're under no obligation to explain though.

This so true, with staff as well as certain guilds and ppl who imo cant really play the game so sit in abassa, tortuga ALL DAY! lol

I personal do not join any guilds because of the community, and really hate when random ppl just port to me and just start looting where I am (and some guilds were just sooo boring, no blue chat at all). So I just stay in my own guild and if anyone on my friends list ports and does that.. it is a quick delete! c: That being said lol I really dont friend ppl at all unless I have seen how they are, which mainly is if i join a public ship, and one awesome friend Ik since potco.

P.S. @MMDR has the perfect guild for you lol "Ban ME" c:
I had to like you to match your posts.lol

But anyways, what is toxic conduct? It's a pretty broad word I think. Is porting to you without asking toxic, or just crude and rude? I don't think it's either, I think of it as a shortcut if I'm going elsewhere when I hit the ground. A one second distraction. It's not like I'm porting to you in the bathroom or something. It's a toon on the map. But that's me.
Personally, I don't care about people porting to me because 98.9% of the time they just go away to where they needed to go. No one has ever stood there and looted what I was doing. I'm sure that happens, just not much with me at all.

But like you, I tend to be a loner. Is this toxic conduct? Ignoring friend requests, turning off chat, telling people get out of my south idol spot.
Generally not joining any function by the GM's? IDK.

gl

You gotta be aware that you're visiting America when you log in, so some things are going to get misread. There is a general drive to keep the remake 100% family friendly because no-one wants Disney getting irate letters from One Million Moms and triggering a Cease and Desist. In this version of the Caribbean, the XBox game would have been called Armada of the Darned.

If someone annoys me I tend to ignore em. I rarely partake in any discussion on tortuga or otherwise; I just keep the conversation to my fellow guild members.

I’ve only encountered toxicity once throughout my time in tlopo, and I just blocked em.

Btw, I’m pretty sure I walked by when you were talking to those people on tortuga about the guilds, and honestly if they bothered you you should’ve just ignored em. Full proof way of ending any unwanted conversation.

Community is genuinely tough to balance when:
  1. Various people of all ages, from all over the world, play (pirate) together "online"
  2. People allow the PRIDE within their own hearts to infiltrate their own game-time (whatever game they are playing)
  3. The basic principles of empathy shown to others/good-old-fashioned kindness is valued little all because people feel that "it's just a game!"
Here's some truth:
  1. You'll never be able to control it (nor the community either, as a 'whole')!
  2. All you can do to strengthen community is to allow both your words and your actions (online) to make a positive difference
  3. Get involved in sub-aspects of the game (like 'this' forums) to permit community itself to grow and to flourish
  4. You can only control what YOU do, online and in within your own Life
*Ye might not live to see tomorrow. :confused: While I hope that isn't the case, don't be a GOOF and spoil other people's fun/their (play-time) experience!

Back