Discussion My opinion on this "lovely" community, Read and report me

This community is okay. Have you ever played LOL? Overwatch? They would make you cry over there. And, if you think this is toxic you must have skipped the SVS scene back in the day. Best thing to do is ignore people. When people that want attention don't receive it they go away lol.

I'm confused myself honestly, I haven't seen any toxicity really myself....

How does one become toxic on here if we can't even say BOOTY ingame?

This so true, with staff as well as certain guilds and ppl who imo cant really play the game so sit in abassa, tortuga ALL DAY! lol
Correct me if I am interpreting it wrong, but it almost seems like you are looking at the staff's "standing around" as them using your title as an excuse to be, and sorry for the harsh undertone, "useless."

Has it occurred to you that they literally have to stand around because playing the game would impede with their job of moderation? They can't play that much, and that is something they gave up by becoming moderators.

Sure, we could use more chat moderators, because quite frankly, I don't think we have enough staff to rally across all the servers and moderate everything. We have a reporting system, but by the time someone has been bullied for cyberbullying,trolling, etc., someone has already been hurt. There needs to be a more immediate response system.

So there really are a lot of kinks to work out.

I began playing POTCO in it's earliest days and played it till the end, back then the community was fine some bad parts but others absolutely dandy. And when I started playing TLOPO in late alpha I noticed the community was becoming more "Toxic" slowly at first though. But it has gotten to the point where I can't say that I prefer not being in a guild for the lack of a kind community without people saying that I am a "noob" or that no one even knows who I am. And the fact of the matter is this community has gotten to the point where it is an absolute flop. Every where I go I see people flaunting their social status and luck gotten loot saying all that do not have it are inferior, I know this is not every one there are still some like this. Even though there is a many of people like this there are others who are the complete opposite who take every little action that is not "Helping to strengthen the community" with great offense and complain about them. I am not saying I am not toxic, in fact this entire thread's purpose is to show both mine and the community's toxicity. In all honesty I hope I get some form of punishment to show that you cannot say that something about it is bad without getting away with it

My thoughts on a solution: Build a stronger community, put some grip around those like myself who worsen it, Have more staff members build connections with new players to set them on the right track so they can in the future strengthen "us" as a whole.

B A N M E
Lucky you I have a pretty good solution.

Avoid Abassa Tortuga. Simple as that mate.

Correct me if I am interpreting it wrong, but it almost seems like you are looking at the staff's "standing around" as them using your title as an excuse to be, and sorry for the harsh undertone, "useless."

Has it occurred to you that they literally have to stand around because playing the game would impede with their job of moderation? They can't play that much, and that is something they gave up by becoming moderators.

Sure, we could use more chat moderators, because quite frankly, I don't think we have enough staff to rally across all the servers and moderate everything. We have a reporting system, but by the time someone has been bullied for cyberbullying,trolling, etc., someone has already been hurt. There needs to be a more immediate response system.

So there really are a lot of kinks to work out.

No it was more with agreeing bout ppl with egos, staff and community. Yes I have seen both. As far as the tortuga comment, that is were most of the drama occurs. I am sorry but I seen staff abuse their powers in game. So this incident, which I wish I had took screenshots, provides to me that not all, have the gaming community's welfare. And other players should be aware of both, staff/mods, and other players as a whole.

I am sorry but I seen staff abuse their powers in game.
Staff, mods, devs, etc. have all been rather respectful from what I have seen (compared to the other remake, they are very well mannered) but I do have a screenshot of someone in the TLOPO staff abusing their power:
normal.png

Look at what they did to me. If this isn't abuse, then I don't know what is.

Staff, mods, devs, etc. have all been rather respectful from what I have seen (compared to the other remake, they are very well mannered) but I do have a screenshot of someone in the TLOPO staff abusing their power:
View attachment 100475
Look at what they did to me. If this isn't abuse, then I don't know what is.
what is this forced meme

No it was more with agreeing bout ppl with egos, staff and community. Yes I have seen both. As far as the tortuga comment, that is were most of the drama occurs. I am sorry but I seen staff abuse their powers in game. So this incident, which I wish I had took screenshots, provides to me that not all, have the gaming community's welfare. And other players should be aware of both, staff/mods, and other players as a whole.

Call me naive, but I didn't know that staff were in game actively watching the chat sessions. And if some person does have 'daddy' as his nickname and avatar, why shouldn't people be able to call him by his name. And it's in the mind of the reader to place such connotations to words.

The other night some male pirate of the biggest size ever was standing next to the smallest female I've seen and I said something like cool he has his daughter playing too. And 2 people said 'reported' Just exactly what was in THEIR mind to think it needed to be reported. This was after some other actual vulgar play on words was said by another group. IDK.

It's not a meme. It's the truth.
I lost my colors, and I desire to get them back.
#BringBackMoodRock

No disrespect here, but seemingly infiltrating unknown number of threads and topics looks to be bordering on obsession.
Have you checked your computer resolution palette to see if something changed. I did a graphic card update once and my window colors were set to a low color profile that I didn't know about and it was a week before I color ref'd my system and saw the change. Everything looked okay, but a little dead.
Just a thought.

Call me naive, but I didn't know that staff were in game actively watching the chat sessions. And if some person does have 'daddy' as his nickname and avatar, why shouldn't people be able to call him by his name. And it's in the mind of the reader to place such connotations to words.

The other night some male pirate of the biggest size ever was standing next to the smallest female I've seen and I said something like cool he has his daughter playing too. And 2 people said 'reported' Just exactly what was in THEIR mind to think it needed to be reported. This was after some other actual vulgar play on words was said by another group. IDK.

Your response has nothing to do with what I said here that you quoted. That other issues seems to have been solved by mods on here.

Your response has nothing to do with what I said here that you quoted. That other issues seems to have been solved by mods on here.

"I am sorry but I seen staff abuse their powers in game. So this incident, which I wish I had took screenshots, provides to me that not all, have the gaming community's welfare. And other players should be aware of both, staff/mods, and other players as a whole."

This was your comment, correct. Then I was responding to it. I didn't know staff was actually in game as a pirate, moderating the chats. I thought there was an outside mechanism for that.

And also, how do they abuse their powers? Can you be more detailed if you care to be? I tend not to pay much attention to the chat and groups hanging out.

I can not, as I have gotten in trouble. Since I did not take screenshots at the time, it is just hearsay. But yes there are mods in game, and some how they can mod chat, whether they are near you or just checking your chat log. So got to be careful. c:

No disrespect here, but seemingly infiltrating unknown number of threads and topics looks to be bordering on obsession.
Have you checked your computer resolution palette to see if something changed. I did a graphic card update once and my window colors were set to a low color profile that I didn't know about and it was a week before I color ref'd my system and saw the change. Everything looked okay, but a little dead.
Just a thought.
That's exactly the problem. I appear dead and moodless, which I something that I resent being. This is why I need my colors back.
I can understand why it would appear like an obsession, but it is my prime directive, my raison d'être, my mission, to bring back Mood Rock. It could be considered an obsession from a certain point of view, but for me, it is a purpose.
Only when Mood Rock is back will I finally be content.
Until this happens, I will continue to spread the good word of Mood Rock and the tragedy of tlopo-rc-v1.0.0.

And if some person does have 'daddy' as his nickname and avatar, why shouldn't people be able to call him by his name. And it's in the mind of the reader to place such connotations to words.
'Pappa' would be a perfectly good first name for a voodoo pirate. Maybe they were going for that?

Honestly most of the toxicity I see comes from the PvP/Jumper type kids. They're always talking negatively about other people and starting fights over a stupid PvP battle that is insignificant in the grand theme of things. On top of that... they're trolls. Bad trolls. They make it so obvious. I just block them though and I recommend you do too if they're attempting to troll you.

Honestly most of the toxicity I see comes from the PvP/Jumper type kids. They're always talking negatively about other people and starting fights over a stupid PvP battle that is insignificant in the grand theme of things. On top of that... they're trolls. Bad trolls. They make it so obvious. I just block them though and I recommend you do too if they're attempting to troll you.
We don't bully folk.

Back