1. From all of us at Pirates Forums, thank you for being a part of our Family! :)

Discussion My opinion on this "lovely" community, Read and report me

Discussion in 'TLOPO General Discussion' started by OrionSenpai, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Cyclone

Cyclone Notorious Pirate

Why not just leaving and stop complaining that the community is so "toxic". Honestly threads like this are just a waste of time, I´m sorry but it´s true.

2. renegade

renegade Pirate

ya guild and their rules...I was in 5 of them no bye bye ....made my own guild me myself and I so I don't get 500 invite a day to join a guild ...no annoying friends to teleport to me...if I am in a area and some one came in to shoot the same gypsy or such I move away to another area .have fun its a game.thank you for making this game possible again I enjoy every second I log in..:) have a nice day

3. Rouhan

Rouhan Wanted Pirate

I first and foremost, thank you for lamenting your concerns and enabling us to view this community from your perspective, however there are a few key elements that I would like to point out.

Everywhere you go, there will be the bad potato. Egoistical players who flaunt relentlessly are present in the community. There's no doubt. I may even be one. Instead of absorbing their toxicity, ignore it. These people do these nefarious actions in order to obtain a reaction, and if you ignore it for long enough, they'll stop bothering you. Honestly speaking, do you think condemnation of these people would do any good?

I understand the implications of name calling. I honestly do. Although, when you know who you are, what are others to say the same? it's your identity, and they have no place in your life defining and shaping your identity. When someone calls you a 'noob', they are doing so to infuriate you. They have no underlying information to call you that, and therefore you should not take it to heart. I reiterate, they don't know you, and a result, you shouldn't take what they say seriously.

I may be ignorant, and I may be oblivious, however I do not see the 'toxicity' you mention. Heck, there are those few players who try and ruin the experience, but other than that, I have no bad experiences with this community. I suggest that you keep off Tortuga, Abassa and find a guild. Treat others the way you would like to be treated, and spread the kindness you say we lack.

I would like to finish with a quote from JFK "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country". I'm sure that you understand the context, and I hope you find some kinder people. :)

4. MoonWalker

MoonWalker Buccaneer

Just laugh it off, if you can survive in that atmosphere you gotta take those people like jokes, and it works. Lettuce make Abassa Gr8 again.

5. mcasitalia

mcasitalia Buccaneer

I've seen my fair share of toxicity, often from high levels who hold that "holier than thou" attitude against anyone who isn't a level 50.

6. Divine

Divine Pirate Lord

What you put out there is what you are going to attract.

Get some perspective guys, dang...

7. Jack Cannonskull

Jack Cannonskull Pirate Lord

I was about to post on this thread, then realized I already posted most of what I wanted to say..

I have experienced very little toxicity tbh and I have been following TLOPO since the very first JohnnyDaPirate video.

Here's some facts.

1. Abassa is the most active server. Most people who go there want to troll/cause trouble bc they know that there are a lot of people there. I'm not exactly sure how this Abassa activity started but I would assume it goes something like this.

Players want to see/meet up with other players a lot in game so they choose Abassa to do that, since it is the first server and most active (same in POTCO)

Other "toxic" players go to Abassa to troll and be annoying because they know that's where everyone goes.

Most people who take great offense to being insulted/toxicity have removed themselves from Abassa Tortuga so as not to have to deal with such measures.

Thus most people who go on Abassa now are trolls. It's just trolls and more trolls vs trolls. (I am not insulting anyone who spends time on Abassa Tortuga, not everyone is bad, but the majority of people there just want to troll.)

Most of the "good" community just don't waste their time there anymore and prefer to just meet up in other places with guildmates and friends.

You're probably going on Abassa Tortuga looking for people to play the game with etc, but truly most of them are trolls there. Instead I suggest referring to the forums to find people who seem respectable and guilds likewise. Then you can join up with them and hopefully have a better in game experience.

May I suggest Dark Archive? It is a controlled, good hearted guild.

8. Sam Dampflint

Sam Dampflint Honorable Pirate

rest in peace eric 2k18

Lilith (Abaddon) likes this.
  9. Crashalot

Crashalot Pirate Lord

I have never encountered a single time in-game where anyone was less than kind and gracious to me and those around me, regardless of my pirate level.

10. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

????

11. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Whoa, don't know if I want to address this.
    I'm not a troll, I don't like going on abassa at all, but have been going lately because that's where groups are working the bosses. Period.
    I don't believe the over estimation either. I don't go on abassa to meet people, squids or Jolly Roger. Just to gang bosses and loot.

12. Eric Sailcutter

Eric Sailcutter Pirate Lord

That is the, probably classified, inner workings of an atomic bomb.

Mood Rock likes this.
  13. Jack Cannonskull

Yes, perhaps I should clarify. I didn't mean that Abassa in general is bad, I just meant Abassa Tortuga. Also yes, people do go there to loot bosses and that is a good way to find people to play with, because they obviously want to do something other than troll (they want to loot, play the game).

14. Eric Sailcutter

Eric Sailcutter Pirate Lord

From my perspective the community is wonderful and not at all toxic. There are incidents of misunderstanding, differences of opinion and just plain wrong statements but they are individual and not representative of the community as a whole. It's also true that Abassa Tortuga is a breeding ground for gossip and trash talk that can cause hard feelings but of course you only go there specifically for that kind of conversation or because your ship had to port there, in which case you can leave anytime you want, I imagine that the moderators have great difficulty with it. Almost everyone that I've met has been very nice, just an odd troll or a misunderstanding here and there. Not a generally toxic environment.

15. Crashalot

Crashalot Pirate Lord

I will have to say that sometimes certain players at Tortuga can be childish and immature, but that's hardly endemic to the place. There's always gonna be emotional misfits and whatnot, but they seem to be the minority. The larger the population, the greater the frequency of encounters with the fringes of society.

16. Shamus The Brute

Site Founder

I gained this understanding from the experience of playing POTCO: rare is the pirate whom will go "out" of their own comfort zone/in-game clique to do what they can to strengthen the game's community by spending time inviting/including other players they have never met into their own gaming experience. *Simply put, everyone's time is precious to them! It takes a whole lot of maturity to look beyond the present and to focus instead on the bigger picture of everything and the great thing to which I feel TLOPO offers everyone now is...a second :thumbsup: opportunity to change someone's day and experience for pretty much_the better (and not for the worse).
    This, my friends, is what "community" is truly about. :2 cents:

Eric Sailcutter likes this.
  17. Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff

Indeed.:iagree:

*EDIT* - Forgot to tag the person I was addressing <3 Sowwy Davy <3

Also @OrionSenpai , if you care about this community's improvement... you will follow my 3 personal rules for any community! <3
    1.) Help the people who seek it, and offer it to people willing.
    2.) The people who do/are not willing, you just have to respectfully ignore or accept their presence unless they are violating some type of "Rule" or "Regulation".
    3.) Never give away all your Dr. Pepper.
    :2 cents:

18. MMDR

Lead Support

"Tortuga" should be renamed to "Toxicity capital"

19. Jack Cannonskull

It's pretty toxic in the movie too. Should we be surprised?

Eric Sailcutter likes this.
  20. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

When you say 'tag', do you mean the reply button, or is there something I'm missing after 10 months on this forum.