Discussion My opinion on this "lovely" community, Read and report me

It's pretty toxic in the movie too. Should we be surprised?
I like how you compared Tortuga Abassa to Tortuga in the movie, lol. It's so true that they are more similar than Disney or the TLOPO developers ever imagined. Calling it toxic is maybe a bit harsh as I really believe that most people that go there, those that didn't just port there because it was the only option, are there for the kind of conversation that goes on there and I expect that they are enjoying it just as I enjoy the sailing. It's true that there is trolling and gossip and much negativity but it's a controlled environment where people can go and enjoy all that Tortuga Abassa has to offer and leave when things become uncomfortable. I'm not saying all is well with it and I think sometimes the moderators allow things to go to far before stepping in but I also think most know what they are in for when they go there.

I like how you compared Tortuga Abassa to Tortuga in the movie, lol. It's so true that they are more similar than Disney or the TLOPO developers ever imagined. Calling it toxic is maybe a bit harsh as I really believe that most people that go there, those that didn't just port there because it was the only option, are there for the kind of conversation that goes on there and I expect that they are enjoying it just as I enjoy the sailing. It's true that there is trolling and gossip and much negativity but it's a controlled environment where people can go and enjoy all that Tortuga Abassa has to offer and leave when things become uncomfortable. I'm not saying all is well with it and I think sometimes the moderators allow things to go to far before stepping in but I also think most know what they are in for when they go there.
I would agree with most of that mate.

Again (from the movie)

Will : [takes the sword] Tortuga?

Jack : Tortuga. [on the island] More importantly, it is indeed a sad life that has never breathed deep this sweet, proliferous bouquet that is Tortuga, savvy? What do you think?

Will : It'll linger.

Jack : I’ll tell you mate, if every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted.

There are differing opinions on the island....

I would agree with most of that mate.

Again (from the movie)

Will : [takes the sword] Tortuga?

Jack : Tortuga. [on the island] More importantly, it is indeed a sad life that has never breathed deep this sweet, proliferous bouquet that is Tortuga, savvy? What do you think?

Will : It'll linger.

Jack : I’ll tell you mate, if every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted.

There are differing opinions on the island....
Absolutely, I personally never go there unless I'm on a loot run and it's the only open port but I see the attraction for some and don't want to shut it down just because I don't like it. As I said before, sometimes it gets out of hand before anyone steps in and maybe it deserves some work to head off rules violations and just plain hurtful talk but I see that many like it and that makes it a valuable part of the game.

Absolutely, I personally never go there unless I'm on a loot run and it's the only open port but I see the attraction for some and don't want to shut it down just because I don't like it. As I said before, sometimes it gets out of hand before anyone steps in and maybe it deserves some work to head off rules violations and just plain hurtful talk but I see that many like it and that makes it a valuable part of the game.
I am against the harsh talk and trolling, but I mean it's also sometimes a good place to talk, it just kinda depends on what time it is and who's there.

Also here is an important fact I wanted to add that I just thought about. Most of the "trolls and other "hurtful" people on Tortuga are the same people! What I mean is that most of the people who "make it a bad community" are just the same people going on Tortuga. In other words it isn't like there is a huge amount of trolls and people who make hurtful comments etc on Tortuga. The same trolls and the same people go there every day, but since they're so active it makes them seem like a larger part of the community. Really though it's just the same 10-20 people who go on Tortuga every day and cause trouble.

I am against the harsh talk and trolling, but I mean it's also sometimes a good place to talk, it just kinda depends on what time it is and who's there.

Also here is an important fact I wanted to add that I just thought about. Most of the "trolls and other "hurtful" people on Tortuga are the same people! What I mean is that most of the people who "make it a bad community" are just the same people going on Tortuga. In other words it isn't like there is a huge amount of trolls and people who make hurtful comments etc on Tortuga. The same trolls and the same people go there every day, but since they're so active it makes them seem like a larger part of the community. Really though it's just the same 10-20 people who go on Tortuga every day and cause trouble.
Could be, I usually am not there long but the voyeur in me occasionally gets me to linger long enough to get the jist of what's going on. I'm never there enough to understand who says what and how often they are there stirring the pot. I'm sure we've all overheard things that have no place in the game there but I don't think that makes the community as a whole toxic.

Back