My Rigs

Thanks guys. Yes, intel/nvidia always has been and for me will be the better build provided the builder has the money. But for me, I got a motherboard that support overclocking for less than 60 dollars (great board) and the cpu will cost me less than $150.. I hope :)

When I get to the states, I plan on building my own desktop rig. Been looking at parts and I know what Im getting.\

These are the parts Im getting:

Motherbaord: Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU: i7-4820k 3.7GHz
Titan TTC cooler​
RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 32GB 1600MHZ DDR3
GPU: EVGA GeForce GT740 4GB 128-bit DDR3
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD

Tower: Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower
Power: Cougar CMX 100 1000W ATX 12V

When I get to the states, I plan on building my own desktop rig. Been looking at parts and I know what Im getting.\

These are the parts Im getting:

Motherbaord: Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU: i7-4820k 3.7GHz
Titan TTC cooler​
RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 32GB 1600MHZ DDR3
GPU: EVGA GeForce GT740 4GB 128-bit DDR3
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD

Tower: Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower
Power: Cougar CMX 100 1000W ATX 12V

If I may, why a GT 740? With all of the other powerhouse parts, I would think you would get something maybe a little more effective. (Unless you aren't gaming.)

If I may, why a GT 740? With all of the other powerhouse parts, I would think you would get something maybe a little more effective. (Unless you aren't gaming.)
I have a limited budget, but I'll definitely get a better GPU down the road

EDIT

I though about it, and I think I might just get the: MSI G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC Video Card

Last edited:
Here is my rig.
Potatos.jpg

I have a limited budget, but I'll definitely get a better GPU down the road

EDIT

I though about it, and I think I might just get the: MSI G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC Video Card
If you are just gaming an i7 is overkill. the i5 will do just fine, and you should put that extra money you would have spent on the i7 towards a better GPU.

Last edited:
Adding a new rig! I'll also edit this info into my page 1 post.

Raspberry Pi 1 Model B.
The RAM, CPU, GPU, audio controller, and 1 USB port are on a SoC (System on a Chip)
Broadcom BCM2835

CPU: 700 Mhz single-core ARM processor that is overclockable to 1ghz
RAM: 512 MB DDR2
GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV
USB: 2 USB 2.0 compliant ports
Video out: 1 HDMI port and 1 component out port
Audio out: 1 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
Ethernet/Internet connection: 1 RJ-45 connector (network cable, CAT-5/6) at 10/100 Mbp/s
Storage: 1 SD card slot

The Raspi also has several GPIO pins for various uses.
Since the Raspi is not using an Intel or AMD cpu, the only options for an operating system are different versions of Linux.

Adding a new rig! I'll also edit this info into my page 1 post.

Raspberry Pi 1 Model B.
The RAM, CPU, GPU, audio controller, and 1 USB port are on a SoC (System on a Chip)
Broadcom BCM2835

CPU: 700 Mhz single-core ARM processor that is overclockable to 1ghz
RAM: 512 MB DDR2
GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV
USB: 2 USB 2.0 compliant ports
Video out: 1 HDMI port and 1 component out port
Audio out: 1 3.5mm stereo headphone jack
Ethernet/Internet connection: 1 RJ-45 connector (network cable, CAT-5/6) at 10/100 Mbp/s
Storage: 1 SD card slot

The Raspi also has several GPIO pins for various uses.
Since the Raspi is not using an Intel or AMD cpu, the only options for an operating system are different versions of Linux.
Oooh, a Raspberry PI project! Have you seen the newer Banana Pi though? Its a 1GB RAM and its processor is 1GHz and clockable to 1.5 I think.

Here is my rig

CPU: i7-2600 - Quad core at 3.4GHz
RAM: 12GB DDR3 1600
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
GPU: MSI Gaming X 8GB RX-470
HDD: 2TB WD black and a 1TB HDD that I cant remember
Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper T2
Case: Thermaltake Black Versa H25 mid-tower

Gear:
lg 24in monitor and an hp 2311x
Cyber Acoustics CA3550RB 2.1 speaker set
Razer Kraken Pro v1 with analog output
Razer Naga Epic Chroma mouse
Razer Blackwidow Chroma keyboard

IMG_4830.JPG IMG_4831.JPGIMG_4834.JPG

and Toshiba satellite laptop ill post it specs when i have time

Last edited:
My rig:
Amd FX 8320
Two ACER 24" Monitors
8g DDR3 Ram
Asus m5a97 r2.0
Corsair 450D
Hyper 212 Evo
Zotac GTX 980
CM Storm quickfire ultimate (Cherry MX Blues)

Quick thread update :) I will soon be purchasing an FX-6300 hexacore processor at 3.5 Ghz stock (overclockable to around 5.1 Ghz) to replace my aging Athlon II.

On a side note, I'll add another "Rig". This little champ is a microcontroller called an Arduino Uno. I have 2 different versions of the Unu, but they are relatively similar, plus or minus a few GPIO pins.

Arduino Uno
Microcontroller ATmega328(This is the CPU)
Operating Voltage 5V
Digital I/O Pins 14 (of which 6 provide PWM output)
Analog Input Pins 6
Flash Memory 32 KB (ATmega328) of which 0.5 KB used by bootloader: This is like tiny hard drive of sorts
SRAM 2 KB (ATmega328) (just 2 KB of RAM for the little guy to use =D )
Clock Speed 16 MHz (Beastly thing ain't it? haha)

You can control motors, play pong (woot!), drive small LCDs, and much much more. I used to have the newer one I own host a local web page... good times!

On a side note, I'll add another "Rig". This little champ is a microcontroller called an Arduino Uno. I have 2 different versions of the Unu, but they are relatively similar, plus or minus a few GPIO pins.

Arduino Uno

Operating Voltage 5V
Analog Input Pins 6
Flash Memory 32 KB (ATmega328) of which 0.5 KB used by bootloader: This is like tiny hard drive of sorts

Would I be able to play Pacman with this beast of a computer?

Quick thread update :) I will soon be purchasing an FX-6300 hexacore processor at 3.5 Ghz stock (overclockable to around 5.1 Ghz) to replace my aging Athlon II.

Arduino Uno
Operating Voltage 5V
Analog Input Pins 6

You can control motors, play pong (woot!), drive small LCDs, and much much more. I used to have the newer one I own host a local web page... good times!
Got any eCAP's on that baby to measure your motor Hall sensors?

Sounds like a fun toy!

Back