My Rigs

Nice Build mate! If you had a little extra cash then I think it would be worth your time to pick up an ssd. The Samsung 850 EVO 250GB is only 80 bucks on amazon right now.

Nice Build mate! If you had a little extra cash then I think it would be worth your time to pick up an ssd. The Samsung 850 EVO 250GB is only 80 bucks on amazon right now.
Not an SSD fan. I got a 840 and it stopped working after 3 months. I think it will be a while before I go with an SSD again

Update:

Just bought the parts! And after some looking around, for pushing games on ultrawide monitors, the 980 Ti seemed the best.

Heres the parts and breakdown of the parts I chose:

4790k: At the time, it was the cheapest i7 CPU for the 1150, and ironically the best. 4GHz and hyperthreading, what more can you ask for

H97M mITX Mobo. Durable mITX mobo, and since Im not an OC fan, no need for Z97

RAM: My cousins giving it to me

Cryorig C1: Great mITX CPU cooler

Silverstone SFX PSU: 600 Watts, 80+ Gold, and fits in my case

RAVEN case: Pretty much the size of a console, will make so easy to bring with me when I travel

980 Ti: Powerful GPU, can easily push 2k resolutions, and EVGA has there card clocked higher then most of the other ones by 100MHz

HDD: I love Hitachi HDDs, and I need the storage of a 2TB HDD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5AD2NA9155

Monitor: Its an Ultrawide monitor, so it will help alot with my programming and other college work

PCPP LINK: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3KkWFT
thats a powerful computer :O

:D Got a new one a about a week and a half ago.

Dell Optiplex 745 SFF (Small Form Factor)
RAM: 4GB for now, will upgrade to 8
CPU: Came with a Pentium D 945 but I decided to replace it with a more powerful 1.86Ghz Core 2 Duo
HDD: Stock 80GB 7200RPM drive
GPU: Err... Intel GMA 3000? (Not HD 3000)
Motherboard: Who knows.. It's a Dell... lol

I currently use it has a headless (not monitor attached.. or keyboard or mouse at the moment for that matter) minecraft server. the C2D chugs along nicely with the 4GB of ram for a small server. Yay :D

Last edited:
Intel all the way <3
Basically. My main rig uses an AMD cpu and even that it several years old (the not the actual chip, but the original model) My best intel computers... My XPS 700 with e6400 C2D at 2.13Ghz and a small computer I use as a hackintosh that has an Intel Q8300 @ 2.5Ghz.

If I had the money, I would most likely get an i5 on a budget or i7 if going all out.

Well I got a new computer build! Only cost me $50.98.

CPU: i5-2400s - Quad core @ 2.5Ghz - currently trying to find an i7-2600
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1066
Motherboard: ECS H61H2-MV mATX board. No overclocking as it is an H61 chipset
GPU: Radeon HD 6570 1GB GDDR3 - Subject to change upon large cash influx lol
HDD: My old 1TB hdd that I thought was dead. (When in doubt, format it out... like 4 times in a row)
And finally, a new category..

Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper T2 - Nice little cooler, Keeps my i5 nice and cool.

Thermaltake Versa H25 Gaming case
23" HP monitor
17" envision monitor
RAM: 16 Gigs of ddr3
CPU: An AMD Elite quad-core A8-6500 accelerated processor running at 3.8Ghz
HDD: 2TB HDD
GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 560 superclocked with 2Gb of Gddr5

Toshiba satellite laptop L55D-B5320
15.6" screen
CPU: an AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G 1.90 GHz
RAM: 8GBs of ddr3
HDD: 1TB HDD

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
16GB DDR4-2133 RAM
2TB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
DVDRW Drive
19-in-1 Media Card Reader
10/100/1000 Network
Dell Wireless 1801 802.11b/g/n Wireless

E-Blue Mazer Type-R 2400DPI USB Wired Optical Gaming Mouse
Redragon Karura K502 USB Gaming Keyboard, 7 Switchable Backlight Colors, 104+ Keys
Redragon P001 ARCHELON Gaming Mouse Pad - 12.99 x 10.24 x 0.2 inches (Large-Size)
HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset - Black

Slight upgrade to my last entry...

CPU: i7-2600 - Quad core @ 3.4Ghz
RAM: 16BB DDR3 1333
Motherboard: ECS H61H2-MV mATX board. No overclocking as it is an H61 chipset
GPU: R9-270x from my FX-6300 build
HDD: 1TB Hitachi
Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper T2 - Seems to keep the i7 cool as well!

Got a new graphics card :happy:

So my rig is now:

Processor: Intel i5-4690k - Quardcore @ 3.5 GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Pro4 ATX board
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
HDD: 2 TB Seagate

all my cooling equipment is stock since I don't do any OC and I've never seen much point to change the fact that I don't since my system runs fine as is and for cooling purposes without the OC, my system keeps a pretty cool temp.

Got a new graphics card :happy:

So my rig is now:

Processor: Intel i5-4690k - Quardcore @ 3.5 GHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Pro4 ATX board
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
HDD: 2 TB Seagate

all my cooling equipment is stock since I don't do any OC and I've never seen much point to change the fact that I don't since my system runs fine as is and for cooling purposes without the OC, my system keeps a pretty cool temp.
Woohoo! How's that 1070 holding up for you? I'll be buying one for myself in the coming weeks.

What are your guys thoughts about the AMD RX480? I find it pretty interesting seeming how I honestly thought they were done making anything competitive, but out the blue they come out with a $200 VR capable card. Will you stick with the green team or maybe try out the red team this time?

Woohoo! How's that 1070 holding up for you? I'll be buying one for myself in the coming weeks.
It's been doing well. It holds a steady 60+ FPS in all my games with everything turned on so it's neat-o.

What are your guys thoughts about the AMD RX480? I find it pretty interesting seeming how I honestly thought they were done making anything competitive, but out the blue they come out with a $200 VR capable card. Will you stick with the green team or maybe try out the red team this time?
I definitely would've gone Red team this time around but I had the money so I went ahead and went green but I definitely recommend for those wanting to get the best "bang for their buck" in graphics cards to go for AMD's new RX series.

Back