Mythbusters

Yulia

Pirate Master
I was thinking it might be a cool idea to start a thread with the purpose of the developers replying to common looting, sailing, reputation, and other gameplay related myths and confirm their legitimacy or clarify on what it actually is. (If its cool for us to know those things)

@Bad @John Foulroberts @JohnnyDaPirate @Chris I @darkmastertristan @deanaug @Deathsvice @Jack Scurvyfoote @Johnny Telltale @MMDR @Vector @Kris @JordanB @loblao @Ecio @Jezzy @Loudrob @Midhav @Nebula @Pizza @rokewilliam @SonOfBoo @Sarah Boothwright

First group of questions I have:
  • How does looting actually work?
  • Do players actually share the same loot pool as far as containers for the whole area?
  • Does not looting anything for a while raise your chances of something good?
  • Is it truely just RNG?
  • Can we not get cannon rams from say looting in Tormenta?
  • At what level does the loot start getting good, people start getting famed, and brights start appearing?
  • Do female pirates have worse loot?
  • Are there any groups of enemies in a certain area that have superior loot tables to other enemies?

I'm sorry, but - what even is that 7th question? Why would they ever write that into the code? No, there is not a difference in loot between pirate genders, except for gender specific clothing. No idea why you would ask that.

I'm sorry, but - what even is that 7th question? Why would they ever write that into the code? No, there is not a difference in loot between pirate genders, except for gender specific clothing. No idea why you would ask that.

It has been rumored that female pirates have less clothing items in general, and thus get less brights, and because of them having less clothing items, their loot tables are marginally different, this thread is for asking the developers gameplay related myths.

I feel like it's somewhat conspicuously pushing ideas.

Its not pushing any kind of ideas, these are all rumors I've heard. Im just wanting "myths" amoung the community about the game to be solved by the people who actually do know for a fact since they wrote the server side.

Some of those questions are ones that have been asked in other games I've played

.....this is the first time I've been in a game where some of them actually stand a chance of being answered though :)

Back