Idea Nation / Guild Wars - By: Lord Gold Air

Lord Gold Air

Honorable Pirate
1594697988268.png

Greetings everyone! I wanted to share an idea that has been in the creation stage for quite awhile to see if this idea is something that could spark interest in the community to encourage competition - challenge - and many more valuable interesting elements to the world of The Legends of Pirates Online. I want to introduce the Nation / Guild Wars System, a system that requires SVS, PVP, and has even incorporated CTC (a "Capture the Flag" type game-mode that is slowly on it's way) in order to defend, attack, claim and capture territories (islands) on the oceans (servers) of TLOPO! (I do believe this is something that was also done a long time ago in POTCO, only this one is done differently).

Over the course of a few weeks I (along with quite a few other members of the community) gathered around to try and brainstorm rules for a fair and ideal system that could essentially "work on it's own" requiring little to no moderation from anyone (including myself) unless absolutely necessary. In order to have a system that could work, and that could display the desired effects of being fair and easy to maintain - quite a few common elements and rules usually agreed upon by the community when doing SVS or PVP had to be removed, I will explain why, and what exactly was removed down further below but FIRST I will go ahead and post the link to the actual document.

Nation / Guild Wars Document & Rules:
The document above contains the "rules" that Nations / Guilds would have to follow while being apart of Nation / Guild Wars. Though the document and rules might appear to be confusing on paper, it's rather simple when it comes to practice. Really, it's guilds who own territories, fighting to claim other territories (If you want to think of it as "TLOPO Risk" that also works too) - and I even have maps made that will be updated regularly which will be posted here.

Nation / Guild Wars Maps & Tables:
There you can see on a few of the slides what Nations / Guilds own what territories (islands) and on which ocean (server). Players will also be able to see the progress of both the attacking and the defending sides with the use of the letters underneath of the territory (islands) name!

Screenshot (81).png

Now that all of this information has been placed, it is time for me to answer some of the questions that I know will be coming - specifically ones that are listed in the document and rules:

1.) Why in the heck are you allowing all weapons, and legendary weapons in PVP? You madman!

I am aware - using any other weapons than the standard agreed upon daggers and cutlass is frowned upon, using broadsword is frowned upon, using legendary is frowned upon. However, in order to have a system that is truthfully fair for both the defending and attacking sides - and be able to keep things fair without the need of a ref or mediator to intervene - is to let the game and the contents of the game become the ref and mediator itself. To put it simply - the fairest way to do these battles is to allow both sides to have unlimited access to the weapons in one's own arsenal, as well as supplies and materials given by the game itself at the very start of the battle / war. If both sides decide to agree on the standard rules that is fine also, however if one side agrees and then breaks that agreement, that is also fair... providing you should always be prepared for your enemy to lie on an agreement! This provides a necessity to loot for weapons just as much as a necessity in knowing how to use them
This also forces players to travel every aspect of the game in order to gain the upper hand in these wars. Preparation is key, and using everything available to you is the nature of true war to win.

2.)
Repairs and Potions for SVS? And what's up with the needing 5 streak in order to win the battle?

The same concept applies to repairs and potions for SVS as it did for the question related to PVP. To allow both sides to have unlimited access to any supplies and materials that the game has to offer in order to win. The 5 streak in order to win was rather interesting to come up with. We couldn't base a "win" off of points because the numbers often vary. The only "solid" number that remains the same is the number of streak. This also calls for some very interesting game play where instead of constantly going "Offense" for SVS - you now have to consider "Defense" in protecting a ship on your side that might have a chance at getting the required bounty - and then of course to screenshot the entire scoreboard as proof of winning. Running is allowed - but honestly... if you're not engaging your target you're not exacting getting a streak built...

If you have any questions or concerns about how this might work, maybe some suggestions as to what could be changed, or maybe you just want to comment about a few things - feel free to do so! After all this is a system that is trying to be made for you guys! I'll be sure to reply back when I can!

Note: My forum direct messages are always open if you have any private questions or concerns! If you use discord more often than you use the forums, just shoot me a message through the forums and I'll give you my discord tag so you may contact me through there as well!

Last edited:
Please feel free to spread this forum link out to other people so that they can see it and provide input! I should also mention that I am going to be updating those documents - if and when something new is thought of - regularly! I've already been told of quite a few good ideas already and plan to stick those in the next chance that I'm able to get! Thank you all for being awesome and don't be afraid to give me a yell if you guys need anything!

Back