National Geographic Magazine

Kris

Pirate Lord
Does anyone like National Geographic? When my high school shutdown, the librarian laid out a bunch of magazines and books for anyone to take what they want. Not many people came by the library for them, so I took all the Geographic books home, some dating back to the 1950's. I myself have never ordered a National Geo. magazine

You didn't say if You actually like them - if you don't I could gladly buy them off of you haha

I absolutely looovvee National Geographic. I love the subjects they pick, the design of the magazine, layout and all design aspects of it. Content wise I really enjoy their photography in every single of the issues and how they were inspired to take them. I think my favorite one is actually an issue they published this past summer or spring about pirates, and another one about planets :p

You didn't say if You actually like them - if you don't I could gladly buy them off of you haha

I absolutely looovvee National Geographic. I love the subjects they pick, the design of the magazine, layout and all design aspects of it. Content wise I really enjoy their photography in every single of the issues and how they were inspired to take them. I think my favorite one is actually an issue they published this past summer or spring about pirates, and another one about planets :p

Yes I do love them too :D

I wish I shared your love for those things, I don't know why I've never paid much attention to them. I guess some other things have take over my attention span.

I wish I shared your love for those things, I don't know why I've never paid much attention to them. I guess some other things have take over my attention span.

Well its just that I had a class on editorial design last spring, and another thing I love besides design is airports, so there I always make sure to go way earlier and then I literally mindlessly walk around and pay attention to design or architecture or buy magazines and read books. After my editorial class I found myself at the airport yet again waiting to fly back to Athens, so I found way too many stands filled with magazines and books. So I think I was standing there for a good half hour, just paying attention to the elements and colors and typography rather than the actual content of each publication hahaha

National Geographic was one of the few magazines which was really structured design-wise and had a concept behind it. It was also standing out visually from all the others, this is another reason why I like it so much I guess :p

Well its just that I had a class on editorial design last spring, and another thing I love besides design is airports, so there I always make sure to go way earlier and then I literally mindlessly walk around and pay attention to design or architecture or buy magazines and read books. After my editorial class I found myself at the airport yet again waiting to fly back to Athens, so I found way too many stands filled with magazines and books. So I think I was standing there for a good half hour, just paying attention to the elements and colors and typography rather than the actual content of each publication hahaha

National Geographic was one of the few magazines which was really structured design-wise and had a concept behind it. It was also standing out visually from all the others, this is another reason why I like it so much I guess :p
Ahh I see. That's pretty neat!

Back