Navy Ferret

Rexraptor78

Dockworker
Am I the only one who can not find a navy ferret ship to save my life. It is required to destroy one yet I have searched everywhere and can not find one at all. Am I missing something or is this just a glitch?

I have found that when you need to sink a specific ship they are nowhere to be found :D
I have personally found that if I go and sink some other ships, the ship I need starts to spawn. If not, I sink a few ships the land and re launch my ship and they appear.
Navy ferrets should be around the Port Royal and Tortuga area. Other ships you could sink are EITC Sea Vipers and other low level ships.
Hope this works for you.

Happy Sailing! :)

I have found that when you need to sink a specific ship they are nowhere to be found :D
I have personally found that if I go and sink some other ships, the ship I need starts to spawn. If not, I sink a few ships the land and re launch my ship and they appear.
Navy ferrets should be around the Port Royal and Tortuga area. Other ships you could sink are EITC Sea Vipers and other low level ships.
Hope this works for you.

Happy Sailing! :)
I finally found one after I went near Cuba once I sank it I spun around, and about 4 more spawned in right by Tortuga I was pretty angry about that

I have heard it from many and seen it for myself too , so, I believe that ships really do hide when you have a quest for them. There seems to be an algorithm in the game's programming that makes ships more scarce if you have a quest for them. I'm not at all sure how it works and it seems like it would be difficult on Abassa, where there's so many sailing that there's bound to be several sailing with ship quests open. I think it's something that would be very cool if someone would study and publish the results. It potentially could be very helpful to know how it works and what to expect in a given situation.

I finally found one after I went near Cuba once I sank it I spun around, and about 4 more spawned in right by Tortuga I was pretty angry about that
Way too many pirates have this same gripe and I've seen this the whole time I've been here and experienced myself.
I think it's simply a game thing to make the quest challenging. Yes it's annoying, but eventually they are found.
I've seen it with other ship quests, and more often than not, just sailing around sinking other like ships or whatever they then start showing up. It is also true that minor ships spawn more in the Port Royal areas and that will be where you should look for the next level you have to sink for that quest.

Way too many pirates have this same gripe and I've seen this the whole time I've been here and experienced myself.
I think it's simply a game thing to make the quest challenging. Yes it's annoying, but eventually they are found.
I've seen it with other ship quests, and more often than not, just sailing around sinking other like ships or whatever they then start showing up. It is also true that minor ships spawn more in the Port Royal areas and that will be where you should look for the next level you have to sink for that quest.
The largest concentrations of low lvl ships are between Port Royal, Perdida, and Raven's Cove. In potco it was always between Port Royal and Tortuga and in tlopo you can still find some there just not as many as the other side of Port Royal. I certainly do believe that the game has a mechanism to make the specific ships you are after for a quest harder to find. I have wondered if it is only when it's the quest you are tracking or if it's any open quest that you are on a ship hunting part of? I've got a quest for 6 Corvettes right now that still has 2 to get, maybe I should try tracking and not tracking and see fo myself.

The largest concentrations of low lvl ships are between Port Royal, Perdida, and Raven's Cove. In potco it was always between Port Royal and Tortuga and in tlopo you can still find some there just not as many as the other side of Port Royal. I certainly do believe that the game has a mechanism to make the specific ships you are after for a quest harder to find. I have wondered if it is only when it's the quest you are tracking or if it's any open quest that you are on a ship hunting part of? I've got a quest for 6 Corvettes right now that still has 2 to get, maybe I should try tracking and not tracking and see fo myself.
I've wondered that myself. If you see a difference try to report back to this thread if time allows.
thanks.

Back