Navy Ferret

zoerblinsky

Dockworker
I just started, and I'm on the quest given to me by Gibbs, to sink a Navy Ferret ship. Every time I find one and try to go after it, 10 ships come after me too and sink me before I can even hit the Ferret ship. Is there any way to prevent this? I've tried several times and always ends the same.

You have to keep your distance from ships, just do that and use your cannon to shoot the navy ferret and just keep shooting it until it sinks.

Id try to avoid going anywhere near a storm ship because those auto aggro onto you. A Navy or EITC ship shouldn't aggro unless you attack another Navy/EITC ship. So Id just go for the Ferret avoiding storm ships the moment you launch.

Are you trying to sink them using broadsides or a deck cannon? Both will work but they require different strategies. For deck cannon find a Ferret by itself, near Port Royal is recommended, and park your ship at near max range for your cannon and blast it till it sinks. For broadsides just sail up along side and blast it till it sinks, all the while keeping distance from any ships that are aggro. I’m assuming that you are using a light sloop and have no experience. As you gain experience you will learn better strategies and be able to buy more powerful ships so it will not always be like the baby steps you are taking now.

Back