Need a good headset

Bart Stormbreaker

Honorable Pirate
My current headset (Logitech G430) isn't playing sounds properly. The green cable is weird and you need to fine tune (twist) it in order to pic of the highest quality of sound.

I need good recommendations. I just want a good headset with a decent mic, but with good sound quality, specifically a strong bass. IDK if 7.1 surround sound or stereo affects the music quality or not. I'd really like for my new headset to not cost above $100, but i'm a tad bit flexible.

Sorry bud, love to help you, but the last good headset I got, I bought 5 of them, and they have since gone out of stock. I payed $40 each, cheapest I have seen them for used on Ebay is $200 now. It's hard to find good and cheap. I've not bought a pair of headphones in over 5 years. I'm almost due for another ;(

If you find that the 3.5 mm jack head are not reliable, you might want to look for USB headphones.

If you want top quality, awesome design, hard bass, good mic and clear sound go for the Razer kraken chroma. I have one myself for 2 years now and they are awesome. Never had any issues. If they ever break, which I doubt, I'm only gonna replace them with another razer kraken. I have a razer deathadder mouse for more than 6 years and it still works as new.

First thing to ask: How much $$$ are you willing to spend on a Headset?
Second: Do you need 3.5mm audio plug or USB?
Third: Wireless or Wired?
Fourth: Standard Stereo or 5.1/7.1 audio?
Fifth: Any bias towards any headset manufacturer?

That way people can narrow down their answers.

TQQdles™

I have had my SteelSeries V2 maybe around 5-6 years now. They still feel like new and the sound is perfect. The mic is also very solid. Not sure about the price but it shouldn’t be very expensive.

Back