Announcement Need a Key? Say no More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Ahoy there! Wow, over 400 posts huh? Must be a lot of wonderful drawings and stories worthy of winning a Beta Key. For my submission I made a key using 5 of the weapon types we pirates use in the game, because we use them in accordance with the code and because nothing reminds me of the pirate life more than the cool weapons we get to use as pirates. I hope you all enjoy it!

As for an interesting in-game experience I had, about two weeks ago I was out of the high seas trying to level up my sailing when I stumbled upon a Navy Kingfisher I could board. I hadn't yet successfully boarded a ship since POTCO and my pirate was only a level 16 or 17, but onto the Kingfisher I went... by myself. There were only 3 crew members... I think they were all within 5 levels of my pirate, so using my voodoo doll and a lot of running I was able to dispatch the Kingfisher's crew and return to my ship. As I continued on the high seas I came across an EITC Sentinel that I was given the option of boarding. I hadn't had much trouble on the Kingfisher and this was a lower level ship. I was sure it would be fine. Of course I hadn't considered the different amounts of crew different ship classes can hold. I can't say how many EITC men I faced on that Sentinel all my myself, but they were definitely all higher levels than my pirate. After a long time, several potions, and many many laps around the deck, I did manage to defeat all of my opponents using my voodoo doll and returned to my ship. What made the experience even more memorable was that about 10 minutes later one of my guild mates informed us that he had boarded a ship by himself and had been knocked out. The point of the following discussion between my guild mates was that it'd be wiser if no one below a level 30 could board a ship by him/herself. I didn't tell them about the two ships I had just successfully boarded alone because I was 1) still a little shocked and 2) busy laughing because I had just managed to escape a dire situation in true pirate fashion--by running!

I hope this brings a smile to some faces, I know that some of the adventures I've read about here have brought a smile to my face.
Fair Winds!

Last edited:
Arr matey!! This be the key yer look for. But a caution to ye! The treasure you find might make ye rich, but it will also make ye lust for more treasure, ne'er letting ye rest. Even unto death. Ye be warned!!

Skullfin.jpg

• Probably one of the funniest moments that I've experienced in game was when I went out to sail only to see the Navy and EITC having an insane fight with each other >.< I'm not sure who ticked off who first, but either way I'm glad that I was able to capture the moment lol
11fb7879d6d6d7d880851fc6eb8a23be.gif

Forgive me if multiple entries aren't allowed, as I'm not seeing a mention of that in the original post, but if so please disregard these other funny moments:
  • I had just turned in a quest and at that point decided to change up my wardrobe a bit, when suddenly Gunner decides to photobomb my screen xD I'll admit, it scared me to death at first lol
fa3e12dbe8e516b0677d7b8b7ea1af8b.jpg

• In the early stages of beta when ships were still extremely glitchy, my ship at one point decided to completely abandon me and there I was swimming in the open ocean wondering what to do next...
74583c434961d367667fe6aa57bcea7a.jpg

• While on Cuba a skeleton ship got a little too close to land to the point that I was able to jump aboard and interact with the cannons and wheel
dc9f4d8e573c816c39b394dd5ceb9c31.jpg

Last edited:
One afternoon, myself and a good swashbuckler of mine named Tug sat down to play Poker in the famous King’s Arm. After about fifteen minutes past, Tug complained that he spoiled all his money at the card table, and that stealing from the Navy would fix such a problem, and so as a pirate should I agreed!

I set sail my Galleon named the Bountyhunter Witch on the south side of Tortuga, en route to Boiling Bay by Padres Del Fuego; a place of lots of Navy and EITC commerce, which is perfect bait for pirates like us! After sinking a few of those scoundrels, mateys came aboard from dinghies, looking to earn some treasure themselves.

About halfway through our plunderin’ expedition, Tug said that he had to return to Tortuga to sell some plunder. He said he would be right back. After a little bit of time, I asked Tug if he was actually coming back at all, and he said he was back already. With Tug as interim captain, I decided to leave by a Dinghy myself to sell some of my things for gold!

However, turns out Tug wasn’t actually back on me ship yet…

A few minutes later, Tug whispered to me “Moose, why did you leave the ship”? And I told him why.

“Uh oh” Tug said.

And as I looked to return to me ship by a Dinghy, I saw it was no longer at sea… I asked the shipwright of my ships condition, and this was the sum of our failure.

I turned to Tug. Tug looked at me. We laughed. Now all me gold that I earned from Tug at the Poker table I had to use to repair her! I think Tug had this scheme planned all along!

The funniest thing I remember recently happened while I was sailing around the Caribbean with other crew members. I was on some random ship, it could've been the Lost Puppy for all I know. But as we went around attacking helpless ships, our loot started to add up. But no, we weren't going for little loot pouches, we were going for the big ship materials! So on and on we fought, until we had Ships of the Line and Bounty Hunters coming after us. Through all of the cannon fodder and fire we soon sank a couple of Bounty Hunters and a Ship of the Line. Hurrying, the Captain sailed us back to the only open port, Tortuga, a pirates dream island! But just as we arrived, my game froze. I was distraught, I had just spent the entire game session pilfering gold and materials but ultimately losing it all to the dreaded Crash. Few times before had something taken my precious loot. To this day the foe still evades me, striking only when I am about to port with great goods and cargo. For once, I feel like the victim being attacked by the pirate.

Returning to pirates through TLOPO has been incredible-- definitely an experience filled with both laughter and joy.

My funniest experience so far was definitely my second day on the game. I was sailing my brand new, light sloop, "Scarlet Despoiler" with a small crew of pirates from my guild through the seas of Devil's Anvil when I came upon a meager EITC Sea Viper. I immediately went to my cannon, heart racing, and shot at the Sea Viper repeatedly! It took a couple of minutes, but I had finally sunk her! I was relieved, but not for long! Suddenly, I heard the noise of a pirate: "Bounty Hunters!" he screamed! Arrrgggghh! More ships? Soon enough, a huge war brig was right behind me, chasing after me with full sail! Now my heart was really racing. But then yet another hunter appeared! Soon enough, my weak light sloop was being chased by a multitude of hungry bounty hunters. I laughed and laughed as firebrand and fury just barely missed my ship- boy, those hunters were angry and they were not giving up! I headed straight for Cuba in an attempt to escape the hunters! I almost didn't make it. With minimal health left, I finally made it, barely escaping a dark death by the bounty hunters! By the end of it, I had learned my lesson about the high seas of the Caribbean! My crew and I laughed about how deadly those hunters can be, especially to the new pirates! It was definitely an experience to remember, and I can't wait for more funny memories as I further explore TLOPO! Thank you!

A funny story I have when I first started playing.

So I was doing the quest for Will's book. He hands me a laundry list of ships I have to sink. If you have done the quest, you know it's like being handed Pirate Santa's naughty list. Instead of coal everyone on the list gets a cannonball. To the face. I set sail on my trusty light sloop and start a manhunt for the ships. *three play times later* finally almost done with the list. All that remains is a single sea viper. After about an hour I see a storm. A storm of Navy War Sloops, EITC War Galleons, and Jolly's War Frigates. In the eye of the storm? Of course, it's a sea viper. I decided I didn't want to spend another hour looking for this rinky dinky ship. FULL SAIL. Every single ship targets me. In less than two minutes, the sea's most fierce predators (and a sea viper) circling me like hungry great whites (and a baby shark), and I am in the middle. No crew, no special cannonballs, in a light sloop, level 4 sailing. I say to myself, "Next time, Will can fix his own stupid book." A barrage of cannon balls pelt my sails. Just my sails. Apparently the crew on the cannons were too drunk to hit my ship. In a matter of 30 seconds my ship is reduced to a rowboat. Still floating, just no sails. About 25 minutes pass I manage to sink almost every ship. My ships integrity hanging by the a thread. I think to myself, "Did I ever sink the sea viper?" That's when I hear a single loud crash, and my ship begins to sink. Behind me is, sure enough, the wretched Sea Viper. To this day, the quest remains unfinished.

upload_2017-6-21_19-24-43.png

Ahoy there! I wanted to create an image based on the Davy Jones legend -- incorporating the key (to Davy Jones' chest) into the design. All the elements are a part of the story about Jones' heart being locked away because of his tormented love for Calypso.

The best memories I had from the game were spending countless hours talking and leveling up weapons with my best friend William McBane on Outcast Isle.

We appreciate you guys doing this!

upload_2017-6-22_1-24-18.png

upload_2017-6-22_1-25-23.png
What would a Keeper of the Code have? A collection of keys of course! Keep them on a ring with your voodoo doll or on a leather strap with the lucky pieces once belonging to Capt. Jack Sparrow. Either way, they're much harder to loose.

Side note: I think that the hatchet fish could make a very cool tattoo on its own.

upload_2017-6-22_1-37-4.png

Last edited:
I know it's not black and white and it's not a key but I already painted this and wouldn't have time to make a key before tomorrow, so here's an oil painting of mine instead.
IMG_5142.JPG

AH! What an exciting contest! I originally planned for the skull to be white but then I realized you might be looking for white background and black ink if it were to be a tattoo so I just threw the inverted version in there. Love this contest! Love this game! Keep it up

Attachments

• BETAKEY.png
    BETAKEY.png
    251.2 KB · Views: 191
Here is my key! I love Poseidon, I mean I do have him tattooed on my arm, and I like Celtic things like the Trinity, which I also have tattooed on my arm. I like Tattoos.

Attachments

• keyend.png
    keyend.png
    40 KB · Views: 116
I decided to draw a raven as a representation of the mystery and secrecy whithin the keeper of the code. If ye catches a mere glimpse of their pitch black eye, it will reveal the deepest lies of every sea and the torment through which it suffered as it glares back, judgingly, with the gold it carries in it's razor sharp beak. There are a couple of erase marks in the picture, but I'm hoping they can easily be edited out. Also, please know
IMG_0616.JPG
that I only used a reference picture to estimate the beak shape and wing size. No lookalike picture or tracing whatsoever!

So, I started playing the game and a friend came to help me understand the game, we were in a bar and there is a Texas holdem table, I was surprised and I by curiosity I sat there and my friend ask me if I wanted to play with her, long story short, she was very good at it and I lost like 300 gold coins xD pst: never play with Yulia Clearwater

Attachments

• IMG-20170621-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20170621-WA0011.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Already posted a design for the key earlier, but decided to take a swing at the story option as well:

So me and my friend were playing one time in El Sudoron (Padres del Fuego), and there are a wide variety of enemies there. We were only in the low level 20s when we did this, and we were in the spot with a Corrupt Stump, which was level 35. Unfortunately, I had "accidentaly" attacked the Corrupt Stump when we were already fighting a Fly Trap, an Undead Executioner (pretty sure) and Dreadtooth. Although we kept killing more and more of the enemies, this stump took FOREVER to kill. The most annoying part was when he used Earthquake TEN times in a row and kept knocking me down! I couldn't attack, of course, and almost died. However, we did defeat the stump after about ten minutes of fighting. However, we were still fighting other enemies and I got overconfident, and accidentally attacked an Undead Executioner and Gypsy carelessly, getting us both killed. It was funny, but my friend was not very happy about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back