Announcement Need a Key? Say no More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
_20170621_194901.JPG

Okay, so, one funny moment I had on POTCO (yes, the original one jsyk....) was on Raven's Cove. You know those red ghosts. Yeah. I'm talkin' about that. So one day I was just strolling around the Cove when out of no where I see a whole crowd of people. Of course I saw the chat box filling up over the ghost, but I wanted to see for myself. I make my way to what seems like a party of people. Yup. Just making a guess, there were probably 15 people there. And guess what? They were all bunched up behind a barrier. Why? They were scared of the ghost. So I would just see them running back and forth, trying not to get killed. But some people were just so...so stupid to not even run away, so I'd see them die instantly. Then I decided that I'd just go back to Port Royal and just hang out. I sail over there and chill with the rest of the players, until...oh jeez. There has been this one dude. This ONE. DUDE. He was always AFK. No matter what. Okay so a couple days pass from that, and I go back on to check on things. That AFK dude is still there. What the heck was the user even doing? How did he manage this? I don't know, but it was just funny to me. So just imagine how he felt when the game shut down. He probably didn't feel anything because he was just AFK all the time. Also, this one time when my sister was playing, a friend that we made online on there was supposedly in love with her character. SOOO the guy just proposes to her. Like...where's the logic? It's just a game?

Here's one from TLOPO: I got my friend into this game since we're major POTC fans. She was just sailing her ship to do something for a mission right? She was supposed to sink Navy Ferrets. It was almost time for her to get off since her 3 hours were almost done for. So, she's just fighting one and then her slot runs out. I'm laughing at it but I do feel bad, don't get me wrong. Also, last night at 12:58 AM, I was fishing casually and then I get the message that my time's almost up. I want to get to level 10 fishing skill badly. To do that, I was going for the fish that give the most EXP. I was almost to level 10, right? I only had 30 seconds left. In my mind, I thought I wasn't going to make it. But, this Lion Fish came through for me and I leveled up in time. Shout out to that fish, bro.

contest key.jpg

A funny story of Pirates, my friend and I would go to blackjack and poker tables and mess around by constantly cheating in cards. More often than I'd like to admit we'd cheat in the same card and both get caught, it was then a race to get out of the bar to avoid being sent to jail. I rarely made it out on time or we'd both be sent to jail.

This be the story of how Captain James convinced others to stink up the faithful bride..

It was an evening after plundering many navy ships. To unwind, me first mate and I head to the faithful bride for some grog and poker- except that day, we decided to use some potions to have some fun. We both chugged some flatulent fizz- that name is not just for show. There we were in the middle of the faithful bride, breaking wind and laughing. The poker players started cracking up because they could hear what was happening but couldn't see it. We had people coming in and seeing me first mate and I in a flatulent competition against each other, and they joined in! There were enough of us in there breaking wind that could have moved a war frigate! Would not have liked to have been management at the faithful bride on the funniest day in my pirate memory.

Hello all,
My story involves a weird set of occurrences. So I had just been introduced to POTCO and was running to do a quest for the main storyline and ran into this large group of pirates. They were having what appeared to be an emote competition. Being new, I went over and watched as the higher level players showed off their exclusive emotes. One guy kept winning and many claimed he was unbeatable. Well at this point my friend shows up and types in the chat that he thinks I can beat him. Everyone encourages me to step up so I do. The guy I'm facing pulls out the big guns right from the start with the cursed hand emote. All I do is clap and just let my character keep clapping. My opponent continues with various emotes and I just keep clapping. My friend sees my plan and starts clapping with me. Soon enough everyone in the group began clapping and more poured in. Then a random pirate ran through the group with an undead pirate chasing him. The undead pirate's dialogue box popped up and for some reason it read, "Can't bring down this pirate!" The group erupted in cheers and laughter as everyone claimed, "The dead have spoken! He is the champion of the emote wars!" Later on a whole group of undead pirates I was fighting had the same dialogue and the group I was with started dying of laughter and saying I was the luckiest pirate in the Caribbean and I literally fell out of my chair laughing. Best moment in my POTCO life.

Good luck to all in this contest. If only we could all have full access to beta but I understand the teams decision to have limited servers so they can provide the best experience for us possible.

A funny experience I had was back in the days of POTCO before it was shut down. I had set sail on my Frigate, the Midnight Wraith to go loot some ships. I came across a Death Omen near some other Undead ships and I tried to go for it. Not far too long and I was getting completely destroyed by the Death Omen and the other undead Ships. Then out of nowhere, a War Brig, named the Wicked Phantom, comes at ramming speed at each of the undead ships. It must have been a glitch in the game because when the War Brig hit the ships, it sunk them immediately. The undead ships were not even damaged that much. I got 2 royal chests out of that and a sick cutlass back then. I owe the Wicked Phantom my thanks. *Salutes*

I know it's not black and white and it's not a key but I already painted this and wouldn't have time to make a key before tomorrow, so here's an oil painting of mine instead.
View attachment 85221

I saw that MaxwellG posted a painting in color and "wouldn't have time" to either convert this to black and white or make a key. I thought I'd help this person out and covert their beautiful entry into qualifying condition. I tried very hard to not modify the art itself, only change the pallet. I take zero credit for this, and will remove the image if asked and when this contest is over.

Again, this is NOT MY WORK, but another talented member of this forum.

35076559970_14f4c0400c_k.jpg

ive been holding out but here is my drawing didnt want any one to do some thing similar i think this would be so cool in game and if it wins top spot im thinking of getting a real life tattoo of it
cross keys.jpeg

I know this is supposed to be in black and white but I decided to edit my drawing in Photoshop and if you guys decide to make t-shirts I think this would be awesome for it! :)
pirate6.jpg

Last edited:
A funny thing happened following crew members to a public ship. As I arrived and was touching down on deck I saw the other crew members being lifted off. Before I could follow them my foot got caught in the broken planking of the deck and the ship was sinking. I was madly clicking on anything I could think of to free myself while watching myself sink with the boat. It was a beautiful site, the ship resting on the bottom of the ocean, the water all around, me with my hair braid floating upwards. I kept trying to leave the ship but after a few minutes I had to admit that I was happy I was not in Jail and backed out of the game and logged back in. However I found myself in jail upon reentry.

Since the closing of POTCO I have gotten a girlfriend (Esmerelda Squidfury) and convinced her to play TLOPO with me once it came out. She fell in love with TLOPO so now we always play together. Sailing having been my favorite part of POTCO I got so excited to hit the high seas and get back the warships I had in POTCO. After days and days of 3 hour slots of sailing we came to the point where that day was the day that I would hit lvl 15 sailing and finally get my War Sloop and War Frigate I had been waiting for (I had a large sum of gold saved up). We were sailing with my sloop the Silver Eagle and I was determined to get to level 15 even though my play slot ended at 8 and the time was already 7:30. As time continued to pass and judging off of the rate at which I was getting reputation I knew it was going to be close. At 7:52 I had 58 reputation to go until level 15. At this point we were sinking a Black Harbinger that had taken all of the sails off of our ship so we were only moving around 4 knots. After sinking the Black Harbinger I had only had 22 reputation to go, however it was already 7:56. We were by Outcast Island so I spoke the famous last words "Let's sail for Tormenta, there's always someone by Tormenta." Of course there wasn't anyone by Tormenta so hopelessly I drifted towards a Colossus being sunk by a War Brig. I did not get there in time 8 came around and I was still 22 reputation away. The next day I stood on my brand new War Frigate only to find this:
upload_2017-6-22_11-50-12.png

Here is my key! I believe the Phoenix is a great symbol of TLOPO seeing as TLOPO has risen from the ashes of the fallen game POTCO. This was done on a Surface Pro 4 using onenote and a surface pen.
upload_2017-6-22_12-2-37.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back