Announcement Need a Key? Say no More!

Status
Not open for further replies.
File_000.jpeg
This is a drawing of a key that is original
it represents the beta key that you should please give me thanks

Last edited:
The funniest thing that happened to me while playing TLOPO happened right after the Bounty Hunter update went live. I joined a public War Brig on the high seas to get some materials and maybe level up my cannons (Got to level 17. :D) The second we became level 4 in "reputation" while looting, a Tally-Ho BARGES in at hyper-drive! Someone saw it out at the right side and screams "TALLY HO INBOUND!" She glitched through our ship and sailed right to the other side and rewarded us with sweet, sweet broadsides of unquenchable fire.

Everyone in the crew was freaking out, some laughing at how crazy the Tally-Ho was when she arrived and others crying that we're going to lose our 4 rare ship materials chests and 9 regular ship materials chests, and I was feeling a bit of both at that point! We were already down to a quarter armor on one side, and the Tally-Ho OBVIOUSLY unloads on that side armor, and we instantly fall to 1/2 ship health. Our captain seemed to SLAM on the gas pedal (Do ships have gas pedals? I guess they do now) and we started barreling towards Cuba, which was the only port left open. As we go full sail towards Cuba barely hanging onto our lives at this point, we get close enough to dock, and........IT CLOSES AND RAVENS COVE OPENS INSTEAD!

Right now everyone was cursing the TLOPO gods for such misfortune, and we finally got out of there with our lives (some of us). When we docked at Ravens Cove, the Tally-Ho shot one last broadside, hoping to take us to Davy Jones' Locker. And she did well. A few of us crashed (including me), and lost all our stuff! I guess I'm back to looting, haha!

This is my drawing of the Key to the book of the keepers of the code

Fixed it up a bit but this is my drawing of the key!!! @MMDR
This was the last edit I made discard the 2 others

This was the last edit I made discard the 2 others
By the way the top of the key is supposed to be a pirate with a hat and then the bandanna on the side and the gold tooth in case u think my drawing is off

By the way the top of the key is supposed to be a pirate with a hat and then the bandanna on the side and the gold tooth in case u think my drawing is off
@MMDR

Attachments

• IMG_3450.JPG
    IMG_3450.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 147
  • IMG_3453.JPG
    IMG_3453.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 112
Last edited by a moderator:
This'll be a loot losing tear jerker for you guys.

My guild mates and I were sailing the seven seas and we had a large bounty on us. We eventually had the warships after us and we were keeping up pretty well and all of the sudden no one was manning the wheel because captain's 3 hours had finished and so did some of the crew. Cuba was the only open port. Unfortunately we were all the way out by kingshead playing the role of the sitting duck with warship and hunters coming faster than ships of their size should. We lasted all of 3 seconds when captain disconnected, and our crew (which went from 12 to 5 people) was sitting there firing for dear life sitting still at 0 knots. Needless to say those ship materials will be lost forever.

But if it's funny you guys are looking for, I was about level 18 and helping a new player. He was struggling to find how to use his compass, which he thought he didn't have yet. I took him around and kept trying to type "press the c key" but the filter kept blocking out the letter "c". I tried using and not using quotations. I eventually ended up stuck in caps lock yelling at him to "PRESS THE CEE KEY" and apparently that got through to him. Lesson from this? Yelling apparently gets the job done...?

Last edited:
FUNNY AND EPIC STORY OF A LEGENDARY BATTLE FOR THE AGES:
:popcorn::pirate ship::pirate ship::pirate ship::swashbuckler::flag1:

In POTCO, I was ADDICTED to SvS. It was my favorite thing to do. Back in the old days of SvS, around maybe when it first came out, I got some friends together on Abassa and I launched my War Sloop. We were having a lot of fun just destroying everyone for about an hour, the teams were pretty even. There were a couple of really strong ships on our team, as well as their team. Our bounty got way up there at one point. We had been out for maybe 2 hours by now, and the ship was completely full. The ship was set to public at this point in time, both sides were filled with fury gunners. It was a very fun time. But after we were sinking everything, people on the other team started to leave. After about 5 minutes of just destroying the other team that only had noobs left on it, we were about to pack up for the day and pass the bounty we had onto someone else.
So here we are, in the middle battleground area in between the 2 SvS islands, about to let this medium-class ship kill us, when all of a sudden, a TON of ships launched from the opposing island. A few war sloops and a war frigate. One of the War Sloops was very notorious, though I forget the name of it now since it was so long ago but I remember seeing that ship and thinking to myself "Uh oh."
So at this point in time, I was just meeting up in the middle with this noob ship. ALL OF THE SHIPS THAT JUST LAUNCHED started CHARGING at us. The War Sloop I was worried about starting shooting a ton of fury shots at us, so it was clear that it was a full crew. I quickly turned myself around and bolted as fast as I could out of there because we had already taken some damage from the noob ship and some of the fury shots hit us. The chase of a lifetime was officially on. :p

I quickly sail out of there into the non SvS waters with my crew, and I look behind us and the entire team was after us. Seriously. There had to be at least 6 or 7 of them tailing me. The War Frigate was able to get some hits on us using the front cannons, but he started falling behind a bit because, well, war frigate vs war sloop in terms of speed. But the War Sloops were keeping up. I tried angling a bit to give my crew a chance to fire, and we got some good damage on them but they also caught up and got some good damage on us. I tried outrunning them again but they kept catching up and dealing good damage on us. We ended up nearly sinking the strongest one, but we had to run before we had the chance to sink it because we were near red health. I was yelling REPAIR, REPAIR!! PLEASE REPAIR!!! A few of them did, a few stayed on the cannons still trying to hit the enemy ships. We ended up going into uncharted waters, they were still on our tail the entire time xD I was telling my crew "Hey we should see how long we can last just letting them chase us around the entire map" and they all agreed on it for the laughs. I told them to stop repairing too, just to see how long we could last. ALL OF THEM CHASED US AROUND THE ENTIRE OCEAN FOR A GOOD 45 MINUTES. Me and my crew were just sitting there laughing and clapping. I actually ended up opening another window with another account while I was sailing in a straight line on my other screen, I put the two windows next to each other and I joined the other team on my other account just to see what they were saying "I wish I had done this sooner but it's okay because man were they frustrated." In the team chat they were just saying things like "SOMEONE GET HIM" and "I GIVE UP" and "OMG I'M SO DONE WITH THIS WE'VE BEEN TRYING TO GET HIM FOR AN HOUR NOW" and a couple of the slower ships just gave up so at this point we just had a couple of War Sloops chasing us.

I had a brilliant idea because we were wanting a conclusion to this epic chase. I had all of the crew members leave except for a few people, and they went to my team's island and launched their light sloops. I lured the war sloops back to our island where the light sloops had lined up like an army. When I got back there, every light sloop unleashed a ton of fury shots onto the war sloops and with combined firepower, we sunk most of them (They ended up sinking me right away though, but they were so focused on me that the light sloops tore through their defenses). I docked after that, and everyone launched their light sloops and we had an armed and dangerous light sloop army for the rest of the night. (And it went well, too).
That was the most amazing, exciting and fun SvS experience that I got to have with some awesome people. I hope you enjoyed my story, it took a while to type :D

P.S. Come SvS with me sometime, savvy? :p

Last edited:
Me and my Brother played POTCO everyday all day. We had found many glitches and since we were never Members we had always explored the world. I had found glitches to get into membership only places or high lvl places. I found glitches to wear membership outfits. I had 4 favorite glitches. One glitch you could basically get out of your ship and walk on water! It was very fun and a cool experience! Another glitch me and my brother enjoyed was the Swift Foot Glitch where you could jump very very high! It was so fun to play around with. My 3rd favorite glitch and probably the most fun was the pvp glitch! You could go on any island as a skeleton and pvp with the people you went into the match with. This glitch was fun and made pvp more challenging as people could revive you and it also made everyone get excited and happy and wanna watch. And the 4th glitch was in raven's cove where I could get to that ship where you get the cursed blades. I played POTCO as soon as it launched and I may of not been a member but I played the game everyday all day till the end. I cried when the game got shutdown and I felt apart of my life was taken away. I love TLOPO and their work and even if I don't get a BETA Key it was fun writing this and thinking of all the memories iv'e had on POTCO. -zarlzox

Note: This is a story from the original Pirates of the Caribbeans, please enjoy.

There I was, one sunny, weekend afternoon. I be sailing around as a french privateer, now see, don't go getting me mixed up with the big boys, with the frigates and war frigates, brigs and war brigs; nay, I just be a humble french privateer in my fancy light sloop, when a new land lubber appeared upon my ship, he told me to listen to steer clear of the broadsides of the other ships, and he do the rest. I steer cleared of them broadsides like they be Davy Jones' locker, and he be sinking ship left and right, shooting them phantom rounds he brought with him, I nay never seen such a feat in my privateerin career. We quickly rose up the ranks that day, first time I been the most feared Captain aboard the seven seas. I couldn't believe it meself, there I was, in that wee little boat none would call a ship, and I was top of the board. I nar believe it if I hadn't seen it with me own two eyes. I couldn't near help meself but to utter a pirates' laugh. How could we, in a light sloop, sink all these massive hulks of ships we be fightin and frightin. Now don't get me wrong, they weren't laughing, but I sure as I could be was laughing a lot that day all into the wee hours of the night.

Thank ye for listening to me tale of insanity, have a lovely day.

Last edited:
A funny moment eh? Well a couple stand out in particular for me;
Back in POTCO, I tried soloing Jolly Roger during an invasion with naught but my sword, just after he knocked out all the Pirates in the immediate area... I managed to last about 15 seconds and made a tiny chink in his health before he downed me.
Oh, and there was also that one time I attempted to take on a Juggernaut in my Light Sloop... I swear I lasted longer against Jolly than I did against the Juggernaut.

,I just started on my second or third play time ever and with a light sloop I took out two flagships at the same time: a ghost ship and a Port Royal navy ship, then about half-way though 2 Ballhawks attack me as well! I survived and sunk the 2 flagships along with one of the Ballhawks. Now Im in the middle of the ocean and my sails are badly damaged – I am just notified that a bounty was placed on me!!–I'm only level 2!!–then under 10 seconds later guess who shows up... A BOUNTY HUNTER . I realized then that I was probably in over my head, so I set sail for an island to repair my ship. Now I'm thinking to myself, what just happened I sunk ship at least 5 times better than me, got about 250 gold, and out ran a bounty hunter too , so I'm at this island and I feel all cocky so I attack a level 20 something undead pirate–I'm annihilated strait away.

The key for me is like a thunderspine sword because it was the sword that I always wanted but never able to get. The skull represents the new island that will come out in the future ( i hope).
IMG_2664.JPG

My funny experience was when the game was still in semi-open alpha. I was in Fort Charles leveling up my dagger. I was level 15 at the time so the enemies were tough. But for whatever reason ALL of the enemies from that area at the edge of the cliff magically flew up to where I was standing above them, on the second deck. They were all bunched up into one big pile, and as I walked backwards down the stairs I took them ALL out one by one using only a dagger!
screenshot_2016-12-16_16-30-46.jpg

My funniest experience on TLOPO was probably when I was invited by a friend to go to Isla Tormenta, and at the time, my new character, Captain Obvious, was around level 9. I figured it would be a great way to gain a lot more experience points, and a chance to quickly relive the glory days back when I was a level 50 pirate. So when I arrived, I quickly pulled out my broadsword and joined in the fun! Everyone drew in on the enemy, quickly and efficiently causing enough damage..and that's when I came in. I charged ahead with my broadsword held high, and gave the foul creature my final blow! CHAARGE!! (Enemy: -1 health). "Well, that was embarrassing," I thought to myself. "Maybe shooting with my trusty repeater pistol would be better.." (Miss..miss..-3). "Ah, well, a little bit better. Perhaps this time I'll get in more hits in with the sword.."(My character: -1,377, instant KO). I had to accept the fact that my lack of experience points really caused me to fight like a 3 year old girl hitting a piñata. But at the end of the day, I thought it was pretty funny how I went down so quickly several times, and how much my friend and his guild had to look after me like a lost kid at a supermarket. Cheers to good friends!:buds:

Sincerely,
The "sort of" notorious pirate, Captain Obvious (level 22 now :D)

Last edited:
I had a "Reverse ghost ship" experience! I was fighting a fleet of enemy ships with a crew, and a Navy War Galleon sailed THROUGH one of Jolly Roger's War Frigate!

I'm not artistic, so here's a fun little story about what i would imagine it being like with an amazing amount of gold being played in poker:

Seeing as I'm not good at poker in game, I decided to hone my skills in it. I had an ace and a queen in my hand along with no spare cards to cheat with. I felt like i had a good hand, so I kept bidding, and bidding, and bidding, raising the stakes and amount of gold in the pot. The pile of gold on the table climbed and climbed. Ten thousand gold was the stakes, with the stacks of gold being pushed onto the table higher than my character's height. Seeing the players attempt to balance coins to be six feet tall was interesting to say the least. I couldn't see the dealer that was sitting across from me any longer, due to the amount of gold in the middle of the table. The man next to me decided to bid once again, and began to push his stack of coins into the pile. The stack being pushed towards the center began to wobble while the table began to creak. Seems that these old tavern tables aren't meant to hold hundreds of pounds of gold coins. Onlookers gasped as the wobbling stack of coins falls over, hitting the man who was pushing them in the face, causing him to fall out of his chair. Coins began crashing down upon the table, causing it to give one last groan as the leg closest to the man gave out, causing an avalanche of coins to fall on him, knocking him unconscious. The dealer decided to check our cards to see who the winner is, revealing the unconscious man to be the one who wins to gold. Too bad that his hospital bill took up at least a quarter of his winnings. Too bad I lost my life savings on poker.

A funny experience I've had in game is when I was training grenades in the Catacombs with 9 mercenaries on my tail. Several stuns and bladestorms were taken and shrugged off, likely due to a bug involving Determination, but nothing can ever top the feeling I got when I killed General Darkhart in one hit from a famed blunderbuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back