Announcement Need a Key? Say no More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMDR

Pirate Master
06-11-2017-BetaKeyContest.jpg

Ahoy, everyone!

Beta Keys are as rare as Legendary Weapons nowadays, aren't they? Well, not today! The Crew has designed a contest that will award 10 players with Beta Keys!

In order to enter, all you have to do is post one of the following on this thread
(entries only, please do not post questions here):

a) A drawing of an item for the Keepers of the Code guild, preferably a key. The best drawing will become both a sail emblem and a tattoo that will be shown off by Game Masters in-game! Other 4 winners will win a key.
The drawing must be in black and white.

*Original works only, entries copied from Google Images will be disqualified

b) Tell us about a funny experience you’ve had in-game! Make us cry from laughter!
300 words maximum or a video no longer than 3 minutes.

5 winners will be chosen for both the drawing contest and the story.

Accounts with serious or repeat violations of our Terms of Service are ineligible. Winners will be announced on June 26th, 2017!

Good luck, mateys! If you’ve got any questions, shoot a private message to MMDR.

Last edited:
A funny experience I have had so far...

Well, I was solo during the evening (near midnight for me) trying to grind my dagger and doll. I, after finally having gotten my feet to the sand of Cuba to restock potions - I had issues with my /lovely/ flying abilities and could not land properly. Once I got onto the ground and restocked, I went to sail when I saw a lovely alligator approach me, look at me, then leave. I think nothing of it and set sail to meet several Navy all bunched like chickens to the pen right in front of me - and of course made it difficult for me to move nearly (I had to scoot to the side because they were quite rude). I finally get going toward Perdida to fight the Queen when my flying powers activate once more! I would climb the skies and sink through to the point that it seemed I was cursed. After a random crash and restart, I finally returned with boots on the ground once more.

Key.jpg
A funny moment I had in the game is I got my first famed weapon from a level 14 veteran, and my entire guild was freaking out and started to say that the odds are almost impossible, and that it was the best famed non cursed sword in the game. I laughed so hard!

Last edited:
The funniest thing I've had happen in-game was when my ship came to port in Port Royal and, due to a glitch, did not stop at the dock. It kept going right through the town! When I realized what was happening I started laughing and just kept steering it up the hill and all the way into the governor's mansion. I sailed around Elizabeth Swann and went back out the door and down the hill, across the docks and back out to sea! I finally had to tp off the ship, since the ship refused to port anyplace. It only happened that one time, but I will never forget it. At first I was startled that it would not port. But then I just enjoyed the ride! I don't know if other people could see it on land, but if they did, I'm sure they didn't forget it either. I hear poor Elizabeth is still having traumatic flashbacks.

The funniest experience in TLOPO for me was definitely today when hunters and warships came in to the game. Me and my pal were scouring the seas, when out of nowhere this Battle Royale comes at MACH SPEED out of nowhere, we're scared for our lives because of how fast this thing comes into view. I know that it is almost impossible to travel at the speed of light, but I'll be darned if this thing wasn't traveling at or faster. Me and my captain were laughing so much, these two wanted pirate ships were being hightailed by ships going faster than anything I'd ever seen, and we were just left laughing in the dust, I'm not one to laugh out loud normally, but gosh if this wasn't one of the funniest things I'd ever seen.

Ahoy! me mateys, sit back and let me tell you my tale of woe... There I be, gamblin’ with a few scallywags and bilge rats a pirates game of blackjack with me grog on the table and me cheat cards at the ready. I’d a thought lady luck be on me side as I be winnin’ gold hand over fist towards my ultimate goal of a new ship! 20,000 gold later, that landlubber of a dealer caught me red handed and takes me gold! Ol’ Captain Stone was loaded to the gun walls from me grog and woke up in a locked jail cell, with not but a empty cup, an empty gold pouch, and a dog teasing me with the key…

So it was a bright day in the caribbean, till i sailed right into her!!! Arrr harr harr harrr :) Savviest vessel you could ever see here in these waters! Back to the story, so i sailed right through the darn thing and i could even see the cannons being fired by them selfs matey!!!! Very odd and weird! Oh yes indeed!!!! There was also no blasted sailor steerin the darn thing!! So i continued on and sank the souless ship. Almost started to complain to the EITC about not puttin any darn black coat mercenaries!!

Honestly, the funniest thing that has happened to me is that when people are in a crisis about when they're in the yellow or red in their ship's health, and they freak out. I swoop in and quickly do my magic, (usually doing the puzzle first, hammer, plank, pump then patching) and it turns into a nice, good old new ship again. It makes me chuckle but also extremely happy when they see the HP of their ship stable again, and I feel like I've done something very well.
Oh, another funny story I just remembered! I tried Ship PVP for the first time. I hoped for find someone with a light sloop from the French side or something, but no. The first opponent I see is a war brig, on the French side, heading straight towards me. I tried my best, but in less than 30 seconds I go down into the waters and sink. My hope got crushed from the massive war brig :(
Lastly, another funny story that involves ships. I'm trying to sink some EITC Sea Vipers, Navy Bulwarks, and Navy Panthers. I try so hard to find them and FINALLY I find some and sink them. The moment I do, I get the attentions of some hunters. They literally came up on me unexpectedly, and it was 3 of them. I went full sail and tried to get away, and was heading towards Tortuga, the port that was open at the time. Luck was not on my side though, and it changed to Raven's Cove. Honestly I thought I was going to sink. I did a u-turn and turned around and ported at Raven's Cove, but I'll never forget the time I was chased by 3 hunters... Poor little light brig running away from massive ships.

My story is of me experiencing a beautiful sight, landlubber ship! I'm not sure if it was trying to dig for beta keys or purchase more chain shot, but it wanted to make itself known to the citizens of Port Royal!
(I'm not sure if its allowed but I made two variation of my key, but will delete one per request of OP/staff)
keymk2.png

Attachments

• broket.png
    broket.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 312
  • keymk1.png
    keymk1.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 267
A little laugh...

Me and my friend Davy were fighting Veterans on Kingshead the other day, he was using his grenades and popping them away, at one point he fired a siege charge that blew up in an officers face, causing him to glitch through the ground weirdly enough and come back up near the entrance wall, so we walk over there just waiting... then he got attacked from the back so he turned, 10 seconds later after waiting the Officer glitches out of the wall and comes up behind him and uses Taunt, Davy being scared easy with game volume too loud, screamed on discord giving us a huge laugh.
Just that suspension!
Another story as a second try!
We were farming Darkheart yesterday, he was throwing grenades as usual, all of a sudden after landing a bladestorm on DH he comes back at me-killing me with 1 shot ( I was level 18 ) apparently the game didnt see this as a real death as I was able to attack with me sword still, so here I am lying on the ground attacking just balling my eyes out almost dying.

One time I was sailing with my light sloop and I just saw the huge I mean HUGE cluster of big navy and EITC ships (they were glitching so much that the ships were together and they had formed a circle.) So I went in the middle of them and decided to level up my canoneering. my ship being tiny they couldn't get a shot on my ship except for the sail. I got so much loot after that it was awesome. (to help get a grasp of how many war galleons and war frigates and war sloops, there was about 18 to 20 ships overall in a very compact space. it was crazy! :D)

My funniest moment for sure was back in 2012. I was having the glitch where when I fainted, I could move around. One of my other pals had had the same glitch. For some reason, I could revive me dead friend even though I was fainted. So when I tried to revive him, my arm started to flail around and whacking him in the face. He was saying, "STOP SMACKING ME IN THE FACE DUDE" and he had a great laugh out of it.

Today, I shall write a story for you all, in an attempt for this interesting contest.
My name is Davy. Simple, but to the point; the name of my swashbuckler is similar to how this will be told. Back in the early days of Beta, there were many more bugs and glitches than there are today. It was our job to find these problems and report them so that they could be fixed by the team. Myself and my crewmates enjoyed this job, looking for ways to crash the game in every which way. Our finest hour was on the High Seas, sailing through the Caribbean looking for trouble. We found a Flagship, and decided to board it. This is where the fun began. To our astonishment, there were no enemies on the ship! Instead, we were kidnapped. The EITC Sentinel had taken us hostage and was sailing around the seas like nothing was wrong, even after our original ship had vanished! Shortly after, our games crashed, and the voice chat was full of laughter and giggles for a long time afterwards. We will never forget the day we were captured in TLOPO!
Thank you for your consideration, it was fun to write!
~Davy

Important note: This is just for fun since i got a Beta key a long while back. I also do not have an interest in drawing so i'm not going to even try.

So here's my story.....

A while back one of the members in my guild by the name of Chocolate Milk (I know xD) says he's gonna get a Brig then asks what he should name his ship.
Without missing a beat i simply reply with......Chocolate Cookie ;)

8f45b5b70c7f663d96d10bebe10a8c9b.jpg

Yes yes fine here *Hands the cookie monster a cookie*

One of the funniest things that has happened since I've started playing was I was playing my little level 5 pirate (She's now level 13) and I had just been invited to join a guild. I was excited! Well the guild was having an event that night, fighting against Deadheart. WELL as I said before I was tiny little level 5 at this point in time and I realized I still had an hour left to my playtime so I decided WHAT THE HEY and went to join them. Little tiny level 5 against a monster that averaged around level 30. I ended up having to stand against a wall with my little rinky dink gun that did maybe two points of damage and tried not to die. Eventually I got gutsy enough to go at the beast with my sword (which was probably like a toothpick to Deadheart) and suddenly I was on the ground, thankfully one of my guildmates was able to revive me. Little level 5 learned pretty quick she should stay back against the wall with the rinky dink gun and let her guildmates take and deal most of the damage.
Thanks for the consideration! This was actually fun to write out!

Back in my day, The crew and I took pride in our daily hour of Nading aloof soliders at the fort. This seemingly unending task kept us entertained when there was nothing else to do. This also led to us becoming lifetime friends. And, having just started this reboot, want to start it again with new friends! Here's too "Nading with the Boys!" and (Ladies too)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back