Idea New Bosses

Squidgallows

Honorable Pirate
Before we get new bosses, I think we should have all the bugs fixed first. However, this post is in regards to AFTER all that is done. These are just some Boss ideas I had that I want to write down.

Davy Jones: Level 45-50 (Isla Tormenta)

If Davy Jones was in the game, he would have to be at Isla Tormenta. Think about it, that place needs a boss! My idea is that you would go through the cursed caverns and find the exit. Outside in the water, there would be the Flying Dutchman. Players would be able to swim to the ship and climb aboard. It would be there, that they could fight him.

Barbossa: Level 25-30 (Devil's Anvil)

Barbossa would be found at Devil's Anvil. Players would be able to find him in the spot he is currently in right now. This boss would be good for players mid way through the game.

The Kraken: Level 50 (High Seas)

The Kraken would not be an on land Boss. The only way to fight the Kraken would be to battle it in your ship. Players would be able to find him/her around Raven's Cove and Cuba. It would respawn every five minutes, and would drop loot skull chests and rare materials.

I love the idea of a Kraken in the ocean but I think it would be awesome if it was a boss that randomly appeared from time to time and all players had to band together to defeat it.
I think it would be an awesome way to bring the community together and have a great time. :)

Before we get new bosses, I think we should have all the bugs fixed first. However, this post is in regards to AFTER all that is done. These are just some Boss ideas I had that I want to write down.

Davy Jones: Level 45-50 (Isla Tormenta)

If Davy Jones was in the game, he would have to be at Isla Tormenta. Think about it, that place needs a boss! My idea is that you would go through the cursed caverns and find the exit. Outside in the water, there would be the Flying Dutchman. Players would be able to swim to the ship and climb aboard. It would be there, that they could fight him.

Barbossa: Level 25-30 (Devil's Anvil)

Barbossa would be found at Devil's Anvil. Players would be able to find him in the spot he is currently in right now. This boss would be good for players mid way through the game.

The Kraken: Level 50 (High Seas)

The Kraken would not be an on land Boss. The only way to fight the Kraken would be to battle it in your ship. Players would be able to find him/her around Raven's Cove and Cuba. It would respawn every five minutes, and would drop loot skull chests and rare materials.
Unfortunately Im sure we are going to have to wait for something like this to be added to the game as it isnt quite done yet :(

I love the idea of a boss in Tormenta, I would prefer though if the boss wasn't over level 45, I feel then it may be too similar in difficulty to foulberto.

But thats just me.

I love the idea of a boss in Tormenta, I would prefer though if the boss wasn't over level 45, I feel then it may be too similar in difficulty to foulberto.

But thats just me.
I understand where you are coming from, but you gotta think; Davy Jones shouldn't be a boss that people can Solo. He is a powerful Villian in the Pirates franchise, and a boss of him should reflect that.

Barbossa being an allied character could work like this: You go press shift and speak to him from that list you have there... quest... pvp etc... you can chose the "Spar" option. And he will become an enemy to spar with.
About Davy Jones on Isla Tormenta... i don't know what to say.. he was indeed a powerful enemy in the film franchise and his place was almost always on the Dutchman singing at his organ. Instead we could have some of his more prominent crew members as bosses like the boatswain with his whip or the hammerhead shark guy.

The Kraken to be defeated by some ships is a bit unrealistic. I'll say the Kraken could be like this: a boss of that kind you are not supposed to fight but to avoid... like the.. Nemesis in Resident Evil or the Piramid Head in silent hill. Same for the Flying Dutchman.

Interesting ideas you got there! I'm not sure how I feel about fighting Barbossa though.

Regarding Davy Jones:
It would be cooler (imo) to see the Flying Dutchman anchored inside the shallow waters of the Cursed Caverns. The devs could perhaps use the old Tormenta Caves layout for the boss area and merge it with the pre-existing caverns we have (if possible).

Regarding the Kraken:
How do you think fighting it should be like? Should it be a 'treasure map' event like the Black Pearl or should the Kraken spawn in-water and be fought against like its another ship? Regardless, perfecting the model as well as adding new animations and boss-fight mechanics for the sea creature will definitely be hard work. An idea I have regarding the fight is basically whenever its health falls by 25%, (s)he slams its tentacles across the ship and pirates must fight it using their weapons. When the tentacles are cut (tentacle health down to 0%), the process is repeated until the Kraken's health is 0. So all in all, you'll be fighting it w/ cannons 4 times and w/ weapons 4 times as well.

But before any new bosses are added, I personally think that future boss-fights should be overhauled and made more challenging. I previously suggested that the best way to do so would be through varying boss types, more surprises in boss-fights, and randomized perks. Check this thread out if you're interested.

Back