New Caribbean Pirates Online Concept

bob hamilton

Sea Legs
im doing my own game like other pirate type games. been figuring out some stuff about but i need a coder and etc im really serious about these i can pay big money for my coder and other staff lmk.

Last edited by a moderator:
im doing my own game like these been figuring out some stuff about but i need a coder and etc im really serious about these i can pay big money for my coder and other staff lmk.
bob hamilton, funny we looked for this on the same day! lol. care to work with me? :)

'Necroposting': The act of posting in a forum threat that is too old to matter any more, or has served its purpose.

edit 1/19: comments were moved by a moderator to a new thread, hello future people!
--

@bob hamilton I want to start by saying I don't believe anyone should pledge forever faith to any one remake, because they are all run by people and people are fallible. So far, the TLOPO devs have proven to be civilized, patient, and knowledgeable about what they're doing. This is neither a defense nor attack of them -- they could always turn around and swap their databases from here on out with a totally unencrypted version, and nobody would be the wiser. I'd leave in a heartbeat if I found out, but I trust them not to do that.

I wish you the best, but I fear you may not be aware of what you're getting yourself into. To yield even the most bare-bones usable landwalker would require a ton of work, and that doesn't even begin to touch on the server side of things. This is a taste of what goes into the server end of TLOPO, and only what they're comfortable with releasing to the public: https://thelegendofpiratesonline.github.io/documentation/ and https://api.tlopo.com/system/status/

This game uses a very old and frustrating series of file formats. You will go mad if you do it alone or with a small team. Some things are missing, others broken, and other things that won't work without manual updating. Before you commit to this at least poke around in the files first. This isn't the kind of thing you can throw money at and expect it to work. It took them almost four years to get to this point. The previous major competitor with TLOPO was nearly complete and was led by a dedicated team, and still that game died because it could not sustain a consistent user base or developer team. All I am saying is to please learn from history's mistakes. And if this turns into drama, then keep me far, far away from it.

If you have experience with the game engine, Python, or Astron, I'm sure they'd love the help.

Last edited:
'Necroposting': The act of posting in a forum threat that is too old to matter any more, or has served its purpose.

--

@bob hamilton I want to start by saying I don't believe anyone should pledge forever faith to any one remake, because they are all run by people and people are fallible. So far, the TLOPO devs have proven to be civilized, patient, and knowledgeable about what they're doing. This is neither a defense nor attack of them -- they could always turn around and swap their databases from here on out with a totally unencrypted version, and nobody would be the wiser. I'd leave in a heartbeat if I found out, but I trust them not to do that.

I wish you the best, but I fear you may not be aware of what you're getting yourself into. To yield even the most bare-bones usable landwalker would require a ton of work, and that doesn't even begin to touch on the server side of things. This is a taste of what goes into the server end of TLOPO, and only what they're comfortable with releasing to the public: https://thelegendofpiratesonline.github.io/documentation/ and https://api.tlopo.com/system/status/

This game uses a very old and frustrating series of file formats. You will go mad if you do it alone or with a small team. Some things are missing, others broken, and other things that won't work without manual updating. Before you commit to this at least poke around in the files first. This isn't the kind of thing you can throw money at and expect it to work. It took them almost four years to get to this point. The previous major competitor with TLOPO was nearly complete and was led by a dedicated team, and still that game died because it could not sustain a consistent user base or developer team. All I am saying is to please learn from history's mistakes. And if this turns into drama, then keep me far, far away from it.

If you have experience with the game engine, Python, or Astron, I'm sure they'd love the help.
yeah ik bro but i invested like 15 thousand max 30 thousand dollars in my DEV

mines up to date lol i wouldnt use a crappy one i have 5 pro dev working on rn everyday
ok-then.jpg

Images don't always load on this site, especially just after they've been posted. It's a reaction picture of Barack Obama with the caption "OK THEN".

Can we get someone to lock this thread, or move the discussion to a new thread?

And Bob, would you mind editing your comments when you have something to add, instead of posting individual comment after comment? It makes the page much more readable.

If this project gets any traction I would love to check it out. I'm especially interested in the new ship models. Sadly there have been many remakes before this one that were announced prematurely and never got far enough to have something to show for. In psychology they call this mental ma********on.

yeah of course im releasing like 5 more ships new and my server won't be done for awhile though im getting a lot done like adding new weapons etc. but betea will be ready in 1 year or so.

Images don't always load on this site, especially just after they've been posted. It's a reaction picture of Barack Obama with the caption "OK THEN".

Can we get someone to lock this thread, or move the discussion to a new thread?

And Bob, would you mind editing your comments when you have something to add, instead of posting individual comment after comment? It makes the page much more readable.

If this project gets any traction I would love to check it out. I'm especially interested in the new ship models. Sadly there have been many remakes before this one that were announced prematurely and never got far enough to have something to show for. In psychology they call this mental ma********on.
not gonna use a half crap i want to fully finish and no bugs n stuff i hate how these server is laggy its annoying tickes me off loses players like that but not my server so all good.

Back