Idea New corrected poll - Should loot container SPARKLES be color coded?

Should loot container SPARKLES be color coded?

• Total voters

squintz

Pirate Lord
I added a better syntax to this poll.

Greetings. I'd love to see the three loot containers sparkles color coded. I realize they are different sizes and such, but even these being all gold almost always look the same depending on your distance away. And people who do grenades a lot know exactly what I'm talking about. You run all the way in just to find it's a pouch.
And in pools it's impossible to see pouches and even loot chests most the time. Spakles don't show above water in pools 95% of the time.

My suggestion would be 1. Different colors per containers. And make the colors BRIGHT!!
Choice of colors is dependent on Dev's these are only a suggestion.
EX:
Skull chest = RED
Loot chest = BLUE
Pouch = GOLD (same as now)

Also I feel ALL three should be at least the size of sparkles of a loot chest or even skull, as only skull is easily seen above pool water.

Thanks and like to see input here.

I like the idea. I don't think it's a big problem and so hope it would be a low priority should the developers decide to implement something like this.

I like the idea. I don't think it's a big problem and so hope it would be a low priority should the developers decide to implement something like this.
No, it certainly wouldn't be a priority and it's totally not beta testing, but player pleasure and whining for something to make my pirate life easier.
But one never knows what might tickle the dev's fancy.
I mean, look, they made mood rock happy.

No, it certainly wouldn't be a priority and it's totally not beta testing, but player pleasure and whining for something to make my pirate life easier.
But one never knows what might tickle the dev's fancy.
I mean, look, they made mood rock happy.
I think @Mood Rock will never be happy unless the original mood rock is put back into the game, lol. But, yes, they tried and far more than I would have too. Being that I'm going to look at every pouch anyway, to me this idea is more about aesthetics.

I added a better syntax to this poll.

Greetings. I'd love to see the three loot containers sparkles color coded. I realize they are different sizes and such, but even these being all gold almost always look the same depending on your distance away. And people who do grenades a lot know exactly what I'm talking about. You run all the way in just to find it's a pouch.
And in pools it's impossible to see pouches and even loot chests most the time. Spakles don't show above water in pools 95% of the time.

My suggestion would be 1. Different colors per containers. And make the colors BRIGHT!!
Choice of colors is dependent on Dev's these are only a suggestion.
EX:
Skull chest = RED
Loot chest = BLUE
Pouch = GOLD (same as now)

Also I feel ALL three should be at least the size of sparkles of a loot chest or even skull, as only skull is easily seen above pool water.

Thanks and like to see input here.
Okay, my idea to have the color sparkles would be as a choice, for example you could select this option in the graphics screen, like below v-sync or whatever. So this would be an option of choice via a graphic setting perhaps. Like 'show fancy loading screen'. How much more of a stretch and work would it be to add 'normal sparkles or color coded' setting?

Id say it be a good idea like when you kill multiple enemies in the same spot and the loot stacks over each other..... just for another example: you dont know which one your clicking on till after you click on it.

Id say it be a good idea like when you kill multiple enemies in the same spot and the loot stacks over each other..... just for another example: you dont know which one your clicking on till after you click on it.
Very true. Go one step further and whatever one you highlighted, the circle is also the same color of the sparkles. That way you would know instantly what's what. Even if you have multi of same color in other colors, it still would assist you. The game now sporadically auto switches, but not most the time, so we're still left clicking away, moving around and such. This in itself isn't a big deal, but when you want to check and collect, say 3 containers showing, and the enemy re-spawns and keys up on you and you haven't got to the other containers yet. Even worse like a boss like Legs, where I take them all out at the same time and get caught a lot by Legs when he pops back. It's part of the game of course so I accept the challenge. I've had the most problems in pools and multi drops on the same spot and thought up this idea of color coding sparkles. I don't know if it's an original idea, but I did a quick search and didn't come up with any thing previous. I could be wrong.

GL

In addition to this excellent idea, I think loot should show up on your compass as well. How many times have you had your loot wind up behind you for some odd reason? You see it by chance if you turn around.

Okay I have an example with visuals. I like to take out enemies simultaneously for assorted reasons. Here is a nice spot in caverns on a bridge of 4 enemies, tonight they were stuck at brineskulls. - screenshot_2018-07-09_21-01-08.jpg
And then I take them all out with maybe two staff pops. -screenshot_2018-07-09_21-00-29.jpg
Here is a bunch of sparklies and no way to really tell what they are. These were 3 pouches and 1 chest and I bet no one can guess which is the chest. -screenshot_2018-07-09_20-54-18.jpg

But that doesn't matter, as my technique is a good distance to the last enemy and forcing me to run to within 10 ft of the sparkles to see what it is. Were they color coded I wouldn't have to move if I chose not to. Tonight, I wasn't going to bother with pouches at all and yet I wasted lots of time just running up to the containers for them to appear. The sparkles were always visible the full length.

So, if I just wanted to blow some time mowing down multi bad guys and just looting chests, the sparkles were useless to me.
I don't know if a graphic setting would make the containers show at further distances, but I have tried with all graphics set to max and no different.

And please, do not respond with comments about techniques or how I should loot. I'm not interested in debating that point, just giving an example of why I'd like to see color coded sparklies.

Oh, and a random boss popped up a few times on the bridge I think he was called Dutchmans whitchdoctor or something - lvl 40.

Also, the drop ratio of skulls and regular chests is greatly improved, and since I didn't feel what was in them particularly lacking most the time, it's nice to see they didn't mess with the items too much...lol.-screenshot_2018-07-09_20-55-16.jpg

Not only should they be colored, they should show up on the map so you know where they are.
I have them drop behind me all the time and I only notice them when I turn around.

Not only should they be colored, they should show up on the map so you know where they are.
I have them drop behind me all the time and I only notice them when I turn around.
Good idea too. How many times were they floating in air and you never thought to look up? Most of the air loot I can still open, but lost many containers that way plus behind me. Maybe a little radar circle thing too so you see it and know to look around.

I like this idea, but there is one downside that other players might have not mentioned. The sparkles being coloured based on what is inside the chest is not a bad idea, but it affects those who want to collect clothing i.e brights. Since brights are not considered rare clothing, or even common half the time, the colours of the pouch or chest will remain gold even though there might be a dark black or bright red in there. A quick compromise would just be to upgrade the bright clothing piece to rare or above, but I don't know if that's something people would want or the devs would agree with.

I like this idea, but there is one downside that other players might have not mentioned. The sparkles being coloured based on what is inside the chest is not a bad idea, but it affects those who want to collect clothing i.e brights. Since brights are not considered rare clothing, or even common half the time, the colours of the pouch or chest will remain gold even though there might be a dark black or bright red in there. A quick compromise would just be to upgrade the bright clothing piece to rare or above, but I don't know if that's something people would want or the devs would agree with.
I'm not understanding you. My suggestion is to color code the container only and would have nothing to do with whats in them. I believe you may have misinterpreted the idea. No, I wouldn't want any identification of insides whatsoever. That would ruin looting excitement totally.
To go that way, you might as well just click on an enemy and his loot would pop up on a window and you decide if you need to kill him/her.

No fun there at all. There are way too many places in tlopo where we can't even see the container and my idea of colored sparkles are to just aid the pirate in finding them and looting styles the create distances from containers impossible to know what they are. I don't find it useful, mysterious or productive having to run over 20 seconds at a time just to see what the container is. I timed it recently at a bridge I used as an example, and I spent 75% of my time running up to see what the container was just half the distance from me. That is a HUGE waste of my playing/beta time. If we were still on limited play, I'd waste most my session time just trying to see what container was dropped. There's a lot more things to do on tlopo than that. Is it game breaking? No. Is it a necessity? No. Would it be great to have a choice to positively increase my tlopo experience beta or otherwise? YES.

I'm also suggesting this to be a graphic selection choice to the player to choose whether they want colors or not.

I will never knowingly make a suggest or idea and demand that it is permanent or impactive to the community.

I believe the best games are the ones that give the player the most choices to create their own environment and styles within the game structure.

Last edited:
I'm not understanding you. My suggestion is to color code the container only and would have nothing to do with whats in them. I believe you may have misinterpreted the idea. No, I wouldn't want any identification of insides whatsoever. That would ruin looting excitement totally.
To go that way, you might as well just click on an enemy and his loot would pop up on a window and you decide if you need to kill him/her.

No fun there at all. There are way too many places in tlopo where we can't even see the container and my idea of colored sparkles are to just aid the pirate in finding them and looting styles the create distances from containers impossible to know what they are. I don't find it useful, mysterious or productive having to run over 20 seconds at a time just to see what the container is. I'm also suggesting this to be a graphic selection choice to the player to choose whether they want colors or not.

I will never knowingly make a suggest or idea and demand that it is permanent or impactive to the community.
Oh, okay. I see what you mean. My bad. Yeah, I think that would be a nice addition to the game.

Oh, okay. I see what you mean. My bad. Yeah, I think that would be a nice addition to the game.
Yes I think it would be. As an OPTION to the player. Like TRADING would be an option, like CAPTAIN'S FULL BOOT on your own public ship would be an option.
If they're good ideas, then try to put them into the game as options.

Some more real -tlopo world examples tonight -
screenshot_2018-07-15_20-02-15.jpg
screenshot_2018-07-15_20-07-39.jpg
screenshot_2018-07-15_20-08-00.jpg

There are many more examples of the difficulties in containers depending on your immediate looting style. Tonight I was actually running around killing everything in sight to try and force a random boss.
There has been major lag issues as well as enemies just disappearing.
But loving the skull droppings.

It would be nice to have a "collect all loot" too.
That's a nice idea, which is pretty much a luxury addition that may be far down a list. I have only a few suggestions, wishes. Couple could be options, one is just plain update and fix. Option to turn off ship manned auto cannon control. Option to color code your containers. Option to boot players from your public ship. Option to use trade. FIX and UPDATE selling items, bigger vendor sell volume screen, auto selection of item that snaps to vendor sale screen, ability to select more than one item to sell. This last fix and update sentence isn't an option, I think it's something that has to be revamped before prime time. While still being beta tested.

gl.

I agree and like your ideas. Though some of the time I have gotten no sparkles on loot but it was new and availble to me.
My bf and I would love to see and auto repair button on ships, to be control by whoever is driving the ship. Maybe have to cost 5k to use? We solo play with just us, and sometimes lvling sailing solo. Be a very nice and helpful option.
Also we think the idea of being able to turn off hunters would also be nice. Sometimes players just want to loot fpr weapons or brights and not care bout mats. What do you think?

I agree and like your ideas. Though some of the time I have gotten no sparkles on loot but it was new and availble to me.
My bf and I would love to see and auto repair button on ships, to be control by whoever is driving the ship. Maybe have to cost 5k to use? We solo play with just us, and sometimes lvling sailing solo. Be a very nice and helpful option.
Also we think the idea of being able to turn off hunters would also be nice. Sometimes players just want to loot fpr weapons or brights and not care bout mats. What do you think?
Those are good ideas too. You're suggesting a repair button without going ashore? Interesting but I think that would very much take away sailing experiences and risking it all on the open seas for that one last plunder. It just seems more realistic and you wouldn't be able to stay out there indefinitely. Plus you could never be sunk. which again seems to cheapen sailing. So, I wouldn't choose to do that if it were an option.
But if an option, why not. Maybe you wouldn't be allowed to use it in battle or something.

Also, there's no problem eluding Hunters as they don't seem to appear unless you have a full cargo and even then you don't get them until maybe 3 more sinkings after the warning. So the free solution would be to go in when full, just forcing you to go back out. Yes, I know about maxing out the cargo, but disney and tlopo decided there be risks of getting greedy on the seas.
I can think of an analogy using a shooter game where I want any enemy to only be allowed to shoot at me 3 times then have to wait 3 minutes before they can again, allowing me to shoot them at will or just walk by all the enemies to my next spot, never worrying about getting hit.
What fun is that? But it's not always about fun. Sometimes it's about whats legal and workable in the whole code of the game. Some things effect another and another and another thing and just won't work function wise.

Again, I don't know how it could be done. but if the devs put in an option to disable hunters and their sidekicks, then that would be up to the player for their session. Could this be done for player specific? IDK. The hunters were put in game wide across the world as a game feature.
Some things we ask just may not be able to implement on an individual client scale, but are only global possible.

Back