1. Notice: Medals, albums, and pirate profiles will be temporarily unavailable starting later this month. Read more

New Emote

Discussion in 'TLOPO Suggestions and Ideas' started by Captain John Slate, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Captain John Slate

Captain John Slate Honorable Pirate

Just a random idea that popped into my head. Have an emote that enables pirates to hold their muskets/ bayonets like the Navy NPCs do as shown here.
    [​IMG]

Just a little thing that could be neat.

2. SwiftBlade

SwiftBlade Honorable Pirate

I like your idea mate, but please don't take what I have to say in any crude way. Right now the developers are working on new islands, Cannon Defense, improving NPC's and so much more, I agree it would be nice to have more emotes but not at this point as the recent /Dev insider discussion states they are working on a lot of new things! I hope your idea gets put in the game as that would excite role players more!

Captain John Slate likes this.
  3. Freebooter/Boots

Greeter

I agree with this.

4. FlyingRum

FlyingRum Buccaneer

It would help with people doing historical roleplay as like black guard or something so i agree, it should be a emote that you enable and it stays enabled until you move btw.

Captain John Slate likes this.
  5. Eric Sailcutter

Eric Sailcutter Pirate Lord

Great idea.

6. Misha

Forum Mod

Ahoy Captain John!

Looking at it now, I do feel like Emotes for both genders are mildly lacking in the perspective of a pirating extravaganza. On the same note, I do agree that for the Roleplay community this would be a fantastic tool to enhance immersion in the style of the game's pre-existing NPCs.

My only concern with an emote that features a weapon (that isn't a present glitch, such as being able to /coinflip a blunderbuss.) is in regards to the question. "Would the Emote require the player(s) to have a Bayonet presently on their hotbar?" Or would it just poof one into existence into the player's hands to create the feeling?

Either way you dice it, I do think adding a plethora of new and fresh emotes that weren't already present in POTCO could be a great way to spice up social interaction and/or Roleplay guilds!

Fair winds!