New Gameskinny Article - Pirates Online: Dead Games Tell No Tales

TLOPO: "Right now, we are primarily concentrating on creating TLOPO to be just like POTCO was when it closed. [We're adding a new] island containing its very own storyline, new enemies, etc. I am unable to provide more details on it at this time."
puzzled-smiley-emoticon.gif

Legends recently finished their alpha test phase and will be releasing a Beta test in the coming weeks.
There are no set dates, or estimations of how long it will be till we open up beta.
Not trying to be rude in any way, but where did the article get this information from, then? Just curious.

TLOPO: "Right now, we are primarily concentrating on creating TLOPO to be just like POTCO was when it closed. [We're adding a new] island containing its very own storyline, new enemies, etc. I am unable to provide more details on it at this time."
puzzled-smiley-emoticon.gif
When I saw that my mind started wondering a billion things lol. That's a really cool tidbit from the article :)

I posed the same set of questions to both groups (TLOPO and another remake).

They were both kind enough to elaborate their answers and I merged the responses into the final draft. I did ask both teams to leave the current drama because I feared it would simply break down into finger pointing and accusations and both products would be damaged by anything that would end up published like that.

The focus was on the motivations and struggles of fan-based game reboots like Toontown Rewritten.

Thank you for doing this, very helpful toward the community. Your efforts clearly have not gone unnoticed.

NB: May we please not stir up drama by a post that is meant to help the community? In this age it's not a matter of who's right or who's wrong, yes, we may have issues with the competitor, but it doesn't mean we can't co-exist. So, let's just use this thread in order to commend and give feedback on @ElizaCreststeel on her efforts to improving this wonderful community.

Thanks for reading.

So we're all just loosening up on the new-ish rule that no discussion of another remake was to be had?

So we're all just loosening up on the new-ish rule that no discussion of another remake was to be had?
This thread is kind of a unique situation, however I don't believe it's an exeption. Read Davy's post:

Hey everyone,

I know given the nature of the article that this is a lot to ask for, but in accordance with our provision on Retribution discussion we kindly ask that any such discussion be taken to private conversations or elsewhere. If it continues, we may lock the thread or consider other measures.

Thanks.

Back