Request NEW HAIR STYLES

I would love to see more hairstyles added, especially long hairstyles and maybe full dreads or partly dreads.

Maybe they will consider adding some when beta is over and all the bugs and glitches have been sorted out.
You never know :)

In the past, I have recommended that game creators could use custom content hair from the Sims games. Of course, the styles would have to be historically accurate. By downloading these items you are given a mesh and a texture so as long as the file formats are compatible, and they get permission from the artists who made these hairs ( who are not affiliated with Electronic Arts), I don't see why it couldn't work. Just a suggestion! :) I'm not sure what the game files use for hair (whether its .obj or another file format). I know that another game was able to convert these hair meshes from sims to their own using a file converter, so I don't see why it wouldn't work. If it is too many polygons in the mesh, you can use Blender 3D to bring down the poly count, and the textures will still work. I would definitely love to see new hair for males and females. maybe some big bouffant hair like the French aristocrats wore, Marie Antoinette inspired hair, some dreadlocks, and maybe some long wavy hair for females.

here are some of the sites you can get these items from

https://thesimsresource.com/downloads/browse/category/sims3-hair/

hair1.jpg hair3.jpg hair4.jpg hair 5.jpg hair2.jpg

How about not automatically removing ponytails when putting on hats. That would be nice.

As annoying as it is to me as well, I dont think there is much control over what POTCO had coded, what programs were used to code, and how screwed up that made a lot of little things like hair and clothing function in game.

I do agree we need more options for hair at the barber, especially with the NPCs having different types than we do.

As annoying as it is to me as well, I dont think there is much control over what POTCO had coded, what programs were used to code, and how screwed up that made a lot of little things like hair and clothing function in game.

I do agree we need more options for hair at the barber, especially with the NPCs having different types than we do.
I think the primary reason they disappear is to avoid clipping issues. However, there's more than one way to tie a ponytail. If they had the tail just a little bit lower, there wouldn't be much of a problem. I'm not sure how they'd go about changing the position of the tail model, but it seems plausible. Then again, I know nothing of programming, and it's probably much, much harder than I think it is.

I'm not really thinking of the two-tone color, just pigtails in particular.. programming it to wave, swing like the ponys do might be a challenge.

Back