Blog Post New Horizons and New Shenanigans (Alpha Closing 7pm EDT)

Posted by John Foulroberts on Sept. 19, 2016, 12:30 a.m.

View attachment 71384
Ahoy thar!

Ye might be recognizing me by now -- ye all like familiar faces, right? I'm JFR -- as always -- and I've returned to let ye in on the latest happenings. Now, this be no news about loot opportunities like I have been informing ye about. Rather, this be a bit on the larger end of the spectrum… and it has a danger factor.

It seems that Jolly Roger's dastardly minions be meddling with the Aztec Moonstone again. Through the grapevine, I heard that Jolly's minions be planning a Caribbean-wide Curse of the Muertos Moon -- nothing like the small scraps we've been experiencing in our PvP matches. Ye have been previously armed with the Thunderspine Sword -- one of me personal favorites -- and several other infamous blades, so ye should stack up well against one another.

Ahhh -- wait -- GAHHHH!

BAHAHAHAHA! You pesky fiend, JFR. So ye thought ye could kill the ghosts of rage on yer own? My influence -- my power -- was the reason ye scurvy dogs were successful. Why ye may ask? Well, I not be through with ye! Until next time, ye scallywag...

Gahhh… Not sure what that was. I be thinking it was Jolly Roger messing with me head. Do any of ye know what he was cackling about? Was it those Rage Ghosts we've all been fighting with the past few days? I'm a bit dazed from that little interruption, so forgive me, mates.

Anyhow, I knew that those blasted hooligans were planning to interfere with our revelries! No matter -- I know some of ye enjoy a good brawl, and it does expend a bit of that pent up energy ye all have from the excitement this past week has brought.

Keep yer eyes on each other -- but also keep yer eyes on the horizon of the end of Alpha. Today be marking the last day of our string of releases. At 7:00PM EDT today, Alpha will be closing its doors. Ye all are in for the real deal now! Beta be making its appearance soon -- ye best be ready.
Any news yet on how we'll be able to acquire beta keys?

Any news yet on how we'll be able to acquire beta keys?
The only way currently is through the contests we are having on the forums. We had one at the beginning of the month that gave away 3 keys, and will be having one in the next few weeks that gives out a few more.

i am speculating that the beta will hit off with a big shebang and a Halloween party on Halloween, but thats what i think would i be somewhat correct or is the answers going to be cryptic?

But I still do not get it, how many bugs is there to fix that it takes over month to relase it. I think there has ben plenty of updates. But There might be alot lot of them if the game is in full size (The world etc). And also how big is the group working behind the game. Also if someone knows than in which language is it written in, like where did the development team got the game (did they take the leaked files from original game like the tlopo.com)! Buy anyway this seems like a way more active and there are more and luckily more experienced people behind all this.
It just bothers me that on this website it is being said that team has to fix some things etc, but I would like to see a to do list that way we know and they know how much time it going to take.
Also one small thing is there a membership that can be bought?! < Really would prefer that so I can buy it :)
And if there is than make it worldwide, well atleast Europe too! Because here are many players who would like that including me and my friends!!! (I live in Estonia :)

But I still do not get it, how many bugs is there to fix that it takes over month to relase it. I think there has ben plenty of updates. But There might be alot lot of them if the game is in full size (The world etc). And also how big is the group working behind the game. Also if someone knows than in which language is it written in, like where did the development team got the game (did they take the leaked files from original game like the tlopo.com)! Buy anyway this seems like a way more active and there are more and luckily more experienced people behind all this.
It just bothers me that on this website it is being said that team has to fix some things etc, but I would like to see a to do list that way we know and they know how much time it going to take.
Also one small thing is there a membership that can be bought?! < Really would prefer that so I can buy it :)
And if there is than make it worldwide, well atleast Europe too! Because here are many players who would like that including me and my friends!!! (I live in Estonia :)
The game will be free so no,there will be no any kind of membership.Also i think that you can play from any part of the world.

From what I can tell, they are implementing all of the game's features one at a time into the public version of the game. That's what's taking so long, they aren't only fixing bugs. Here is a thread where the developers actually post the progress they have made so far: Developer Digest

But to answer many of these questions, there are threads and links everywhere to help give you some answers. Here are just a few:
TLOPO FAQ
Beta FAQ

I think those threads should answer most of the questions you asked. If not, post a thread asking questions that you feel haven't been answered, you'll get the help you need :)

Now, will this be a closed beta or an open beta? Do I need an alpha key to play when the beta comes out?

Now, will this be a closed beta or an open beta? Do I need an alpha key to play when the beta comes out?
It will be the same system as alpha was when it closed, a "semi-open beta". You can play for a certain amount of time by signing up for a play time, or if you have a key you can play as much as you want.
This thread should answer most of your questions: https://piratesforums.co/threads/tlopo-faq.12504/ :)

Ydvd7B.gif

New to the TLOPO. I came from another remake and I got tired of waiting. They told me May of 2017 for sailing and quests. Forget that. I have high hopes for this game though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back