New job postings at Disney Interactive Media group, a hopeful sign?

Kelly O'Kidd

Wanted Pirate
When I looked at the Disney Interactive Media Group website and searched Pirates of the Caribbean online in the job search section 11 pages of jobs popped up. Not sure if that means anything but when reading the descriptions of the jobs it could mean they are getting more staff to develop the game. This most likely is just job openings for all their other online games they are developing but one can only hope. What do you all think?
http://di.disneycareers.com/en/sear...tes%20of%20the%20caribbean%20online","r":""}]

Trying to review the listings but, which job(s) were you specifically looking at, Kelly?Any particular job which operates out of San Francisco is likely for DIMG "mobile" games and/or Playdom (with 'Playdom' being closely watched over by DIMG Co-President, John Pleasants).

Also, any job listing operating out of BC - Kelowna ('Canada'), is directly associated with CLUB PENGUIN, as this is where the game's headquarters is located.Job related to DIMG's original virtual online games (which includes POTCO) are based out of Glendale, California as this is where one of their main offices is located.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to review the listings but, which job(s) were you specifically looking at, Kelly?Any particular job which operates out of San Francisco is likely for DIMG "mobile" games and/or Playdom (with 'Playdom' being closely watched over by DIMG Co-President, John Pleasants).

Also, any job listing operating out of BC - Kelowna ('Canada'), is directly associated with CLUB PENGUIN, as this is where the game's headquarters is located.
I basically did a search of all the gaming jobs in Disney Interactive and also typed in Pirates of the Caribbean online, although it didn't really filter any jobs specifically for POTCO since they don't mention it in the job descriptions. It's strange how they laid off a bunch of people in DIMG but then has all these postings for jobs in DIMG. Some of the job descriptions mention MMO's but didn't say a specific one. I only saw Club Penguin mentioned for the Canada location. Just found it interesting is all and thought I would share what I found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back