Weapons New Legendary Clues

I thought I would just throw some ideas out there. I have also thought about fishing. One of the stories mentions throwing a cursed sword overboard. With legendary fish being a thing and fishing being an "unusual" way of looting, what if we fished around Tormenta or Cuba for some clues?
Since cursed weapons are not obtained from fishing it is highly unlikely that it has anything to do with fishing. With that said, nobody has found any of the new legendaries yet so anything is worth trying.

If they haven't been found by looting (which was implied in the screenshot about the typical looting methods not working), then there has to be someting we solve that unlocks the ability to loot them.

My guess is it could be some sort of an easter egg like in the Call of Duty zombies game mode, you can play the map normally but interacting with the environment leads to a whole storyline playing itself out. Maybe this is someting similar and we need to trigger something on the map somehow.
Yes, I like your thinking
View attachment 102430

After searching around Isla Tormenta I noticed that in the Forsaken Shallows, some enemies (This Seabeard for example) are carrying a shovel for whatever reason. Could this be a clue to the digging spots or just a coincidence?
I've had that thought too. The digging npc with all his holes around indicates they are searching for something and the searchable container and dig spot are close to that npc, It seems to be a clue.

I thought I would just throw some ideas out there. I have also thought about fishing. One of the stories mentions throwing a cursed sword overboard. With legendary fish being a thing and fishing being an "unusual" way of looting, what if we fished around Tormenta or Cuba for some clues?
I've tried fishing around Cuba and found nothing. Also checked Tia Dalma and the bar with no apparent result.

Well, I tried luring politico into the rock area, didn't stop him from going and and coming out after me. I tried to run out and stick him in the cave but that didnt work. He followed me all the way to the main exit.
If you're high enough and still have to level, there's many areas of shallows you can draw mobs. Actually MOST of shallows.

Did the devs really say anything about NEW legendarys or is that players reading things into it? They did say new cursed, but I don't remember anything about legendary. And of course the thing about the special boss is cryptic at best.

This does look like a good place to create an instance with just the denizens of the shallows. I saw a couple of non boss 52's but they didnt spawn back and I forgot where they were to stay there. I would think lvl 52 may drop some good loot eventually. I killed them easily.
It is announced that there are 6 new legendary cursed blades,that is not speculation. Where did you hear of a special boss? I've not seen anything talking about that???

Okay, instead of my blathering on and second guessing people here, I went back and reread the 'live shallows post' that clears things up for me on many of my misconceptions. I apologize for being a stubborn pirate. I'll probably not change, but I'll try harder to be a kinder, wiser pirate.
And for the record, I haven't discovered one single red or new item yet in shallows.

There is a mystery.
There are NEW legendarys.
The boss count includes all of tormenta.

"Ahoy, everyone!

Ready your ships! Weigh anchor and full canvas! Chart a course for Isla Tormenta! Forsaken Shallows is now live! Are you and your crew ready to brave the dangers that lie within? Use this here post to prepare yourself, for we’ve got the skinny on everything in this update!

You can now loot new Cursed Blades! There are six legendary, eight famed, and five rare blades, totaling nineteen new swords! But it gets better! Many of these blades have brand new passive and active weapon skills! We wish we had some more details about these new swords, but they’ve been shrouded in secrecy. It’s up to you to discover what they are!

There are also seven new bosses! Six of Davy Jones’ highest ranking men can now be found in Forsaken Shallows and Cursed Caverns. There’s also an all-new ghost boss at the Northern Idol in El Patron’s Mine, the dreaded Cicatriz. But be careful! She’s guarded by a group of underlings.

But that’s not all in this update, mates! There’s also an all-new enemy type: Spout. Spouts are powerful voodoo practitioners that were shanghaied into service on the Flying Dutchman. They are found exclusively in Forsaken Shallows."

Last edited:
I believe the theory around the bosses is correct especially after this hint: “If ye be looking to find new blades, keep to the six. Except if they're a pair, for then they'd have to share“. The pair referring to drizzle and drench and that they each drop the same blade whilst the other bosses drop their own unique ones. This leaves us with 7 bosses, - 1 pair which equals 6 bosses and 6 blades.

I believe the theory around the bosses is correct especially after this hint: “If ye be looking to find new blades, keep to the six. Except if they're a pair, for then they'd have to share“. The pair referring to drizzle and drench and that they each drop the same blade whilst the other bosses drop their own unique ones. This leaves us with 7 bosses, - 1 pair which equals 6 bosses and 6 blades.
I missed that hint. Is that in game or a blog somewhere?
thx

It looks as though everyone was pretty much correct from the beginning going after the bosses and the mystery was simply that the drop rate was set super low. Whether Cicatriz is in or out is kind of hard to gage also the sharing thing seems a bit cryptic. The six would seem to mean the six generals on Menta but the twins comment sounds like it's saying the twins only count as one.

Last edited:
It looks as though everyone was pretty much correct from the beginning going after the bosses and the mystery was simply that the drop rate was set super low. Whether Cicatriz is in or out is kind of hard to gage also the sharing thing seems a bit cryptic.
the sharing thing means both of the twins drop the same sword, there are 7 new bosses and 6 new blades, if we assume that the moist brothers share the same sword then there are 6 bosses and 6 legends

the sharing thing means both of the twins drop the same sword, there are 7 new bosses and 6 new blades, if we assume that the moist brothers share the same sword then there are 6 bosses and 6 legends
Did someone tell you that? I can see why you might think that and it does make some sense by "The six except if they are a pair" really says six except two which is 4. Of course if the twins do drop 1 and only 1 then that would be 5 which in turn implies that Cicatriz drops the 6th even though she would seem to not be one of the six.

Did someone tell you that? I can see why you might think that and it does make some sense by "The six except if they are a pair" really says six except two which is 4. Of course if the twins do drop 1 and only 1 then that would be 5 which in turn implies that Cicatriz drops the 6th even though she would seem to not be one of the six.

She's one of the new bosses, she's definitely one of the 6

Perhaps the 'sharing' refers to us pirates need to be in numbers to kill the twins or other bosses to get drops. Whereas killing alone may not succeed to pull legends. We must work together?

So who is dentface and why should his word hold any weight? And is this so called 'new loot technique quoted from the DEV's or just another player? There's a lot of speculation being thrown around as if it's factual substantiated information.
Me, I think you all are just over thinking a simple upgrade with some items thrown in. And why only swords/blades.
And a lot of speculation is second hand as well.

Perhaps the 'sharing' refers to us pirates need to be in numbers to kill the twins or other bosses to get drops. Whereas killing alone may not succeed to pull legends. We must work together?
doubt it, then the math wouldnt work out for the bosses and there would just be a random extra boss as powerful as the other generals. I dont think theres really any other way to take it

So who is dentface and why should his word hold any weight? And is this so called 'new loot technique quoted from the DEV's or just another player? There's a lot of speculation being thrown around as if it's factual substantiated information.
Dentface = @Johnny Sea Slasher
They gave a hint in the release notes (and labeled it as such). Coming directly from the developers and moderators of TLOPO sounds pretty substantial to me, but it depends how much you trust (or distrust) them I suppose.

Is seaslasher a tlopo developer?
His signature:
Ud6n8UG.png

I think it is obvious that the clue points to the bosses. What the comment about the pair means in terms of the twins and Cicatriz is not as explicit and, as we have already seen, could be interpreted several ways.

Back