Weapons New Legendary Clues

Maybe far fetched.. but possible gotta lure a boss to the mood rock? (kind of like the watery grave). Why is it even hidden anway?...
I did try it with a friend killing Palifico in different ways next to the rock (different colors for example), nothing interesting really showed, then again we did not ever receive a skull.

I did try it with a friend killing Palifico in different ways next to the rock (different colors for example), nothing interesting really showed, then again we did not ever receive a skull.
Killing the north idol boss alone over 20 times in a row gave 1 skull with 2 greens & 250 gold. Guess that's better than 15 gold.
Haven't yet seen a skull from any other bosses on tormenta or shallows.
So, yea, guess it's going to take a little time to score a legendary.

Considering how everyone and their mother has been killing the twins since launch, I don't think they're gonna drop any legendaries.

They have given us clues about it being the bosses and supposedly upped the drop rate. Either its going to be extremely hard still (like they said) or there is more to be revealed about it yet.

They have given us clues about it being the bosses and supposedly upped the drop rate. Either its going to be extremely hard still (like they said) or there is more to be revealed about it yet.
Stick to the six certainly implies that the six new bosses on Tormenta are central to the legendaries, just like everyone thought before the hint. The pair also seems certain to mean what we now call the twins. I read it as defeat the 4 bosses that are not the twins but it's a riddle and, no doubt, designed to be cryptic and easily misinterpreted. What on earth do they mean by share? Does that mean they drop at half the rate, only one of the legendaries, none of the legendaries, or something else? Is there any trick at all or just hit those bosses until one drops? The hit implies to me that Cicatriz has nothing to do with the new legendaries, it's the one thing that was really new to me in the hint, but I've heard others that think differently. My reasoning is that there are six bosses on Tormenta so they would seem to be the six, the exception does not say the pair are not part of the six on the contrary it says they are but they should not be stuck to because of their sharing. I think the most likely thing is that the 4 unpaired bosses on Tormenta are the best if not only chance for a new legendary but as I said before it's a riddle so the simple interpretation might not be the right one.

IMO, I believe what they mean by the twins sharing is that they will not each drop a different legendary but just the same one.

IMO, I believe what they mean by the twins sharing is that they will not each drop a different legendary but just the same one.
What makes you think that, they share the same weapon? If so then do you also think Cicatriz will drop the sixth and that each boss will only drop one sword? How is Cicatriz part of the six?

What makes you think that, they share the same weapon? If so then do you also think Cicatriz will drop the sixth and that each boss will only drop one sword? How is Cicatriz part of the six?
You already answered your own question. If drench and drizzle both drop the same blade then cicatriz can drop the sixth one.

You already answered your own question. If drench and drizzle both drop the same blade then cicatriz can drop the sixth one.
So what is it that makes you think they share the same weapon and that Cicatriz will drop the sixth? The main thing that bothers me about that theory is that the original blog, Forsaken Shallows is now Live, says there are 7 new bosses and six of them are on Tormenta. That indicates to me that "the six" are the six bosses on Tormenta. Cicatriz while a new boss would seem to not be part of "the six". There is also no evidence that each boss will only drop one specific weapon although it definitely seems possible. Also, why would they warn you that the twins are an exception if they really do drop a new legendary? I really feel that such a theory could be correct but it seems a bit Swiss Cheese like in regards to the hint and evidence.

So what is it that makes you think they share the same weapon and that Cicatriz will drop the sixth? The main thing that bothers me about that theory is that the original blog, Forsaken Shallows is now Live, says there are 7 new bosses and six of them are on Tormenta. That indicates to me that "the six" are the six bosses on Tormenta. Cicatriz while a new boss would seem to not be part of "the six". There is also no evidence that each boss will only drop one specific weapon although it definitely seems possible. Also, why would they warn you that the twins are an exception if they really do drop a new legendary? I really feel that such a theory could be correct but it seems a bit Swiss Cheese like in regards to the hint and evidence.
Well, if no one gets any legendary, then it's not much of a mystery.

Well, if no one gets any legendary, then it's not much of a mystery.
I don't understand your comment. Isn't it a mystery that no one has found any new legendarys? I feel that it's great that no one has found any yet but am starting to wish that the developers would just come out and say what the details are on how they can be looted and what would be a reasonable time frame for one to appear on Forums. Or, if not, then at least reassure us that everything is fine and we just need to be patient.

They gave us a hint where they said if they are a pair they need to share, so if drench and drizzle share one blade than the last boss at raven's cove has the chance to drop the last blade.

Has anybody actually tried killing the Spouts, which as they said in their blog post is a new enemy type? Maybe if you kill those they will drop a clue of some sort lol

"There’s also an all-new enemy type: Spout. Spouts are powerful voodoo practitioners that were shanghaied into service on the Flying Dutchman. They are found exclusively in Forsaken Shallows."

Plus, they did state that We wish we had some more details about these new swords, but they’ve been shrouded in secrecy and the Spouts are voodoo practitioners themselves which would correlate with the idea of the 'shroud' and 'dark magic' and even Tia Dalma from the take it up to her upriver line in the blog post.

Food for thought.

Has anybody actually tried killing the Spouts, which as they said in their blog post is a new enemy type? Maybe if you kill those they will drop a clue of some sort lol

"There’s also an all-new enemy type: Spout. Spouts are powerful voodoo practitioners that were shanghaied into service on the Flying Dutchman. They are found exclusively in Forsaken Shallows."

Plus, they did state that We wish we had some more details about these new swords, but they’ve been shrouded in secrecy and the Spouts are voodoo practitioners themselves which would correlate with the idea of the 'shroud' and 'dark magic' and even Tia Dalma from the take it up to her upriver line in the blog post.

Food for thought.
I'm sure we've all killed a few and I've seen a few screenshots of famed dropping from them but so far nothing about legendaries. I'm not sure how much grinding has gone on with them but it's not as much as with the bosses for sure. The bosses are tried and true, at least the 2 confirmed ones are and the implication is that at least the other 2 solo bosses on Tormenta will drop new legendaries. There is still much speculation about the other two, many believe that the Twins will drop one and Cicatriz the other but I feel that while that is possible it is far from certain..

-Eric, I think you're letting your imagination run away with you. First no clues said anything about just a boss will drop legendary.
the clues said 6 men, but seven new bosses. Cicatriz is a woman and makes it the 7th. A couple of blades have been found already, but no where in the clues does it say you have to defeat bosses for weapons. The sprouts got a mention, so there's something to that perhaps.
For some reason the name of one of the shallows bosses has slipped my mind. I have Jimmy, Palifico, Kole, cica, driz and drench. Who am I missing? I know it's a slap head thing. And cica is probably part of the shallows mystery like you mentioned before. I think I agree with that.

Never mind its crash, in the caverns.

Read them again and see if you see what I mean.

"Ahoy, everyone!

Ready your ships! Weigh anchor and full canvas! Chart a course for Isla Tormenta! Forsaken Shallows is now live! Are you and your crew ready to brave the dangers that lie within? Use this here post to prepare yourself, for we’ve got the skinny on everything in this update!

You can now loot new Cursed Blades! There are six legendary, eight famed, and five rare blades, totaling nineteen new swords! But it gets better! Many of these blades have brand new passive and active weapon skills! We wish we had some more details about these new swords, but they’ve been shrouded in secrecy. It’s up to you to discover what they are!

There are also seven new bosses! Six of Davy Jones’ highest ranking men can now be found in Forsaken Shallows and Cursed Caverns. There’s also an all-new ghost boss at the Northern Idol in El Patron’s Mine, the dreaded Cicatriz. But be careful! She’s guarded by a group of underlings.

But that’s not all in this update, mates! There’s also an all-new enemy type: Spout. Spouts are powerful voodoo practitioners that were shanghaied into service on the Flying Dutchman. They are found exclusively in Forsaken Shallows."

Last edited:
  • -Eric, I think you're letting your imagination run away with you. First no clues said anything about just a boss will drop legendary.
    the clues said 6 men, but seven new bosses. Cicatriz is a woman and makes it the 7th. A couple of blades have been found already, but no where in the clues does it say you have to defeat bosses for weapons. The sprouts got a mention, so there's something to that perhaps.
    For some reason the name of one of the shallows bosses has slipped my mind. I have Jimmy, Palifico, Kole, cica, driz and drench. Who am I missing? I know it's a slap head thing. And cica is probably part of the shallows mystery like you mentioned before. I think I agree with that.

"Ahoy, everyone!

Ready your ships! Weigh anchor and full canvas! Chart a course for Isla Tormenta! Forsaken Shallows is now live! Are you and your crew ready to brave the dangers that lie within? Use this here post to prepare yourself, for we’ve got the skinny on everything in this update!

You can now loot new Cursed Blades! There are six legendary, eight famed, and five rare blades, totaling nineteen new swords! But it gets better! Many of these blades have brand new passive and active weapon skills! We wish we had some more details about these new swords, but they’ve been shrouded in secrecy. It’s up to you to discover what they are!

There are also seven new bosses! Six of Davy Jones’ highest ranking men can now be found in Forsaken Shallows and Cursed Caverns. There’s also an all-new ghost boss at the Northern Idol in El Patron’s Mine, the dreaded Cicatriz. But be careful! She’s guarded by a group of underlings.

But that’s not all in this update, mates! There’s also an all-new enemy type: Spout. Spouts are powerful voodoo practitioners that were shanghaied into service on the Flying Dutchman. They are found exclusively in Forsaken Shallows."
    Here is the clue given by the TLOPO developers in the release notes:
    "Hint
    • If ye be looking to find new blades, keep to the six. Except if they're a pair, for then they'd have to share" It combined with the fact that the two new legendaries that have been found were found at Crash and Koleniko are the reasons that I and many others believe that the six bosses on Tormenta are the source of the new legendaries. There has been much speculation about the Twins and Cicatriz since the hint was given. Some say that the Twins will only drop 1 of the blades and that Cicatriz will drop the sixth. The comment about the Twins sharing is a puzzle since they are 2 of the six from the original Blog. I am very convinced that the 4 lone bosses on Tormenta will drop new legendaries and I think, but am less certain, the Twins are likely to also drop 1 too. I think that the only reason Cicatriz is in the equation is that she is new, which is not a very compelling argument. Of course if you eliminate her then what does that say for the 6th blade? It's also possible that all 6 blades will drop from the any of the six Tormenta bosses and the Twins have the exception because their drop rate is half the others? There are other possibilities but, as I said, I'm very convinced that the 4 solo bosses on Tormenta will drop new legendaries.

-Eric, I think you're letting your imagination run away with you. First no clues said anything about just a boss will drop legendary.

"Ahoy, everyone!

I have read the names of the six and/or seven new bosses a few times and in different combinations and don't see anything that seems to be a clue or supporting something that you said. Am I missing something in their names?

Back