New loot System is Terrible!!!!

Billy Broadside

Swashbuckler
Hey, This new loot system you guys have put in is the worse yet, I have been on runs filled cargo came in and got zero gold for my troubles, How do you expect people to afford ship upgrades now, The way you have it set up it will take 20 years to afford the high prices of gold to even make it to the first upgrade, I hope everyone reads this feels the same as i do and will give the devs their opinion on it,

Billy

Can you point me to the release note in which you're referencing the change?

I have no clue what the release notes are on it. But it came with the last updates, You go out fill you cargo up with mats come in port and there is very little gold, Last run i did for the night we filled a 24 cargo space brig up came into port and some got no gold at all i myself received 408 gold total, No items or replacement ammo what so ever, If it was not intended then its happening because people all over are complaining on the new way loot is handed out after a long run to obtain it. If it was not intended then the last update glitched it and it needs to be looked into

I have no clue what the release notes are on it. But it came with the last updates, You go out fill you cargo up with mats come in port and there is very little gold, Last run i did for the night we filled a 24 cargo space brig up came into port and some got no gold at all i myself received 408 gold total, No items or replacement ammo what so ever, If it was not intended then its happening because people all over are complaining on the new way loot is handed out after a long run to obtain it. If it was not intended then the last update glitched it and it needs to be looked into
It was a bug.

and it was fixed.

im pretty sure in old pirates online if you replaced all of your "Cargo" with "loot containers" and "ship mats" and then proceeded to fill out the "Ship mats" you would still get all of the items from loot contains and all of the gold which is how it should be. if its not that way now then its not correct.

no its not, I just did a run with a friend filled it with mats mostly, Came in i got zero gold, Zero items, Zero replacement ammo, He was captain of the boat got very little gold, And think he said 3 items and no replacement ammo

if its going to be this way from now on, I do not see how people are going to afford ship upgrades specially when some are nearly 200k in gold and require over 1000 materials

no its not, I just did a run with a friend filled it with mats mostly, Came in i got zero gold, Zero items, Zero replacement ammo, He was captain of the boat got very little gold, And think he said 3 items and no replacement ammo

if the ship materials overwrite the loot containers then that is not how its supposed to be. It only used to visually overwrite them but still gave them. If its ACTUALLY overwriting them then thats not how it used to be in Pirates Online

I have no problem with the loot system for sailing being like it was in POTCO.
Back then, they way loot worked is that cargo and other wooden boxes of loot were dropped as you progressed.
Gold was retained and loot chest and pouches were retained, but they were stacked down by more relevant loot, such as Skull chests and both types of ship mats.
So on a run where a pirate obtained say, 12 Royals, 9 loot chests, 22 pouches and 35 wooden crates (treasure and cargo crates - the wood boxes), 3 Skulls, 3 rare mats and 10 regular mats, their take home pay would be All the royals, all the loot chests and pouches and all the skulls and ship mats.
The only loot that would not stack were the lowly cargo and treasure boxes (which were dumped) and the skulls and mats, which did not stack and ultimately filled up the ship.
Currently, the ship locks up with loot chests, which are not part of the equation when it comes to filling the cargo hold of a ship.

Also, I have noticed that the captain/owner of the ship's "bonus" is that he/she's actually getting less gold than the crew!
(These screens were taken from the same voyage and are 2 seconds apart)
Other inconsistencies are the type of mats, which are identical for all crew mates now. Mat loot was always random for each pirate, just like the loot was

The other problem here is that loot chests were part of the loot haul which "filled" this ship, yet none are visible after porting! Only pouches are shown!

This is all wrong and needs to be tweaked back into relevance!

See pics below for these errors.
screenshot_2018-02-18_21-40-57.jpg
screenshot_2018-02-18_21-40-59.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thats how my loot is coming in crashalot, Something is not right for sure, If this is what the powers to be have in store for us then so be it but its not right, At the rate this is going it will take years to accumulate enough mats and enough gold to even get the 1st level of upgrades, figure on a war brig some the upgrades are nearly 200k a pop and nearly 2000 in materials, I dont see it happening having any upgraded ships anymore at this rate,

With the new system it will be difficult to get significant gold from sailing, like you could earlier, a typical loot run has gone from 17k gold to 2k gold. I don't see this as a huge deal, you can still get plenty of gold from fishing and looting, it's not hard at all to get 300k gold but the way to do it is no longer sailing. I do wonder if the developers have changed loot to affect which parts of the game get played most, I see how land loot gold has been significantly boosted and sea loot significantly nerfed. The changes affect how people play the game and cause them to focus on different aspects of the game.

I see how land loot gold has been significantly boosted and sea loot significantly nerfed. The changes affect how people play the game and cause them to focus on different aspects of the game.

Yes, why just now I landed a bonny Loot Skull chest and was thrilled at making the transition from sea to land...
screenshot_2018-02-19_13-28-00.jpg

Cherry picked image is cherry picked. I've gotten chests with 300+ gold. On top of it, you're not in one of the high leveled places.
I'm sorry, but it's not "cherry picked" as you suggest. Read the time stamp of the pic and compare it to the time stamp of the post. Within minutes of each other. So, whatever you've gotten is irrelevant regarding the pic I posted of a fresh skull chest.
And BTW, no where did I mention gold as being a problem in that skull chest. That you see it as a problem speaks volumes.
I simply posted the pic and let it speak for itself.
The only problem I have with gold in the game is having too much of it.
I'm talking about loot here, not gold.
But thanks for your perspective on things.

Take a look at those screen shoots from Crashalot, Those are full runs and thats what we are getting now, This is not right , A full run knocking down between 300 and 700 gold when yes you can find chest out there with 300 gold, Lets compare here, Typical run lets say not even a treasure seeker mod has 16 cargo space, you do the math here, Dose not add up. And to add further salt to our wounds the ones that love sailing, Its not even giving us items or replacement ammo, So you figure that into this messed up equation also, We have to spend gold to replace the ammo we burn up on these op hunters and war ships. Those screen shots say a lot both runs made there less than 900 gold 4 items and no replacement ammo. That is what we are dealing with, And not everyone likes the ground pound game either personally i find it boring, I live to ride the seas and do my combat on the water.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but it's not "cherry picked" as you suggest. Read the time stamp of the pic and compare it to the time stamp of the post. Within minutes of each other. So, whatever you've gotten is irrelevant regarding the pic I posted of a fresh skull chest.
And BTW, no where did I mention gold as being a problem in that skull chest. That you see it as a problem speaks volumes.
I simply posted the pic and let it speak for itself.
The only problem I have with gold in the game is having too much of it.
I'm talking about loot here, not gold.
But thanks for your perspective on things.
Then my apologies, it seemed like you were complaining about it. I've seen way too many posts complaining about everything...

Back