Question New Player needing starting out help

Flipside

Dockworker
Hi im a new player and barely played the original game i was wondering if anyone at all could give me a beginners guide to the game such as what to do first whether to power lvl grinding mobs or do questline or lvl some skillset up any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

I personally will run the main quest for awhile at least until you get to the voodoo doll if not dagger, then it's up to you how you like to do it. By then you'll have a better understanding of where things are and what you can handle as far as enemies.

Depends on if you want to enjoy the storyline or just have high levels. I've power leveled and done storyline, personally power leveling gets stale, so for the best experience just follow the storyline and level as you go :)

Hi Flipside!
Welcome to the Forums!
I personally do quests until I have unlocked gun and voodoo doll and daggers (you can work on unlocking staff and grenades when the quest is available at a higher lvl)

I make totem quests a priority and do them as soon as they are available so I can TP to other islands such as Tortuga, Port Royal,Cuba and Padres.

Have fun making friends and testing TLOPO Beta! :D

Added: Also when levelling weapons go for red enemies (enemiy difficulty is rated by the lvl of your current weapon) but make sure they are not too high in lvl, just enough to make them red. Some that I like to lvl gun on for eg is flytraps and mostly use sword on everything else..then when you are higher lvl you can start levelling another weapon

Last edited:
As Luna said : I make Lower weapons ( Doll / Dagger ) and the main 3 Totem quest ( TT , PR and Cuba ) my main priority , So I tend to leave the Fortune quests til later : Jewelry , tattoo and clothing . Good fill ins til ya get Grenades at lvl 20 and PDF Totem at lvl 23 .

Back