Captain Star

Fantabulous Administrator
Admin
Ahoy Forums!!

We are needing to fill the following positions:

News Reporters
Greeters
Event Planners

If you would like to help out the forums, please reply to this thread and let us know what you are interested in doing, and why we should consider you for the job!

Thanks!!!

Hi, I Would like to be a greeter for the forums. I think i am worthy for the job cause im am a friendly person and it sound really nice to get to meet everyone and get to make new friends that become like family. As that we can tell our stories and our past on pirates

If possible, I would like to be a greeter. I think being a greeter is an important position because its a way to make newcomers feel more at home and less shy. Its also a great way to leave a good first impression on the newcomers and show them that they are welcome here and sometimes help them out with some simple "how-to" questions that they might have. I would like to be considered because I think that being a part of that important position on the forums would be awesome. Also, since people greeted me when I first came here and made me feel more at home, I would like to do the same for others.

If you let me I would like to be a Event Planner because I'm always good at helping get events organized. Events are really fun to be in especially when you can meet new people. At these events I could get everyone organized and ready. Also I can help with forum meet up parties and more! :)

I would be happy to be a new reporter for the forums because I think its important to keep everyone updated on events as well as new game additions. I always find new posts by news reporters to be very helpful, so I would like to have that position! Thanks :)

I would like to be a News Reporter, I have accounts with every Pirates Online Affiliated Site and I constantly watch the main web site. I have seen info on the main up too an hour before its posted here. Hopefully I can help reduce that time. :D

I would like to be a news reporter because i like to keep people updated on the newest Potco events, polls, updates, and any potco blog post.

What would the event planner be planning like forum events or in-game events if its just on the forums id like to apply for the job but if its in-game i dont always have access to a computer that can run it well

I'd like to offer my 2 cents about the Event Planner job description and scope of work, and then Admins and Mods please revise/add/subtract to them.

Job description

It is important that there is a position that keeps the Forums calendar of activities. This position keeps track on monthly activities (posts them in a calendar, announces and follows up with reminders). That position is called an Event Planner. Ideally this calendar runs for the entire year (by calendar year or we can use the Forums' anniversary as our year - from one anniversary to the next anniversary). There are 'mandatory' activities that Pirates Forums staff would like to execute, such as Pirates Forums anniversary celebration and several holiday-related celebrations (New Year, Spring, Summer, End of Summer among other things), as well as other designated activities. Those are the official activities that become priorities of this Forums to execute and those dates will be saved so that any other activity would have to look for other open dates.

Members are allowed to hold activities and they can be communicated to the Event Planner to be put in the calendar of the Forums. Once activities are posted in the Forums calendar, other member who wants to have another activity would have to look for other open dates if possible. Or if they would like to have it on the same date, the later activity would have to respect the activity that has been posted previously (meaning different time). All of these would be able to be coordinated by the Event Planner, so that every activity could be accommodated and no activities would overlap or cause confusions.

Scope of Work

An Event Planner is also responsible to plan activities for the Forums mandatory activities, or if help is needed, delegate the activity planning to staff/members to be in charge/the host of certain activities. Activity planning includes releasing announcement (time, place, goals, participants, banner), event program, and reminders.

Type of Activities

- Potco In-game activities (party, dance, raid, sailing, PvP, SvS, etc.)
- Pirates Forums exclusive activities (involving the Forums-wide ballots, competitions, etc.)

I have more ideas for activities, but I would like to see what other Staff/members' thoughts about those first.

How many more news reporters do we really need? We've got a lot and at the slow rate disney is updating the game... there isn't much to post... :sad1:
Not to say any current staff aren't appreciated or recognized, it's simply a matter of ensuring the news is posted quickly on the rare occasion there is new news to post.

Not to say any current staff aren't appreciated or recognized, it's simply a matter of ensuring the news is posted quickly on the rare occasion there is new news to post.

Yeah, even though you have a few good people working on it, everybody has things going on in real life. We all have schedules and sometimes the ‘News Reporters’ just may not be online. The only way to overcome this is by adding more staff. Just my two cents on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back