Request New Sailing Activities and Incentives

Discussion in 'TLOPO Suggestions and Ideas' started by Beggar, Dec 8, 2018 at 12:21 PM.

1. Beggar

Beggar Wanted Pirate

short and sweet post

I'd really like to see some future content releases be centered around sailing. I'm feeling kind of fatigued spending all my time at bosses, and it would be a breath of fresh air if my next legendary hunt took place at sea.

Although, if the devs do this, I think it would be a good idea to also tweak sailing loot so you have to be on board the ship when the loot drops in order to receive it. I'm not sure why anyone would launch their own ship when they could just browse through public ones to board whichever has the most cargo.

Misha and Mark Murlock like this.
  2. Mark Murlock

Mark Murlock Pirate Apprentice

There's something about the open seas in this game - something distinctly refreshing. I very much would like to see some new creative sailing items implemented!

One can only wait for Cannon Defense as well...

:cannon:

Misha and Beggar like this.
  3. Misha

Forum Mod

I do see this as a really cool idea. I think some extra incentive to board your own ship and privateer would be a marvelous addition in that it takes a ton of stress off of the Developers in creating extra land-based content, and instead gives them time to work in a few items that would make sailing worth while.

I think, while the options are practically limitless since the last addition to Sea combat were hunters in June of last year, (And to the lesser extent in repairing Sailing equipment to work properly.) they have to really play their cards correctly in creating something both difficult, but not impossible. It's all about balance.

Beggar likes this.