Request New Sailing Activities and Incentives

Beggar

Pirate Master
short and sweet post

I'd really like to see some future content releases be centered around sailing. I'm feeling kind of fatigued spending all my time at bosses, and it would be a breath of fresh air if my next legendary hunt took place at sea.

Although, if the devs do this, I think it would be a good idea to also tweak sailing loot so you have to be on board the ship when the loot drops in order to receive it. I'm not sure why anyone would launch their own ship when they could just browse through public ones to board whichever has the most cargo.

short and sweet post

I'd really like to see some future content releases be centered around sailing. I'm feeling kind of fatigued spending all my time at bosses, and it would be a breath of fresh air if my next legendary hunt took place at sea.

Although, if the devs do this, I think it would be a good idea to also tweak sailing loot so you have to be on board the ship when the loot drops in order to receive it. I'm not sure why anyone would launch their own ship when they could just browse through public ones to board whichever has the most cargo.

I do see this as a really cool idea. I think some extra incentive to board your own ship and privateer would be a marvelous addition in that it takes a ton of stress off of the Developers in creating extra land-based content, and instead gives them time to work in a few items that would make sailing worth while.

I think, while the options are practically limitless since the last addition to Sea combat were hunters in June of last year, (And to the lesser extent in repairing Sailing equipment to work properly.) they have to really play their cards correctly in creating something both difficult, but not impossible. It's all about balance.

@Beggar wheres my essay...

But I agree, there is soooooooooo much that can be done with this game to provide that continued play-ability. And it definitely will need it for us veteran players who have been playing since POTCO.

Could some kinda fort be added that responds like a normal enemy? By this meaning, I am talking about having a stationary Island modeled enemy that would fire cannons at the player's ship, and the player must destroy parts of the fort to get their loot. It would be something new and awesome.
This and sea monsters. Sea Monsters are lit.

Yes, there needs to be more adventure at sea!
Imagine a sea unlike the current one, where you have to sail into it, and within lie all sorts of different foe, like the Kraken (and other sea beasties), etc, and different ships attacking, even ones sailed by other pirates, where you can steal loot, board and sail an active EITC or Navy ship, explore uncharted waters and so on.
Savor it!

short and sweet post

I'm under the impression that your loot gain is in proportion to when you boarded a public ship. I believe in game you can not get full loot jumping on a full cargo ship. Others can correct me on this. If this safeguard is not in the game, it certainly should be.

For one thing this would have an effect on the AFK problem.
Also, as a beta tester it doesn't seem productive to get fatigued at grinding a boss for 12 hours at a time. You can only post so many different bugs and stuff from the same spot and boss all the time.

Yes, there needs to be more adventure at sea!
Imagine a sea unlike the current one, where you have to sail into it, and within lie all sorts of different foe, like the Kraken (and other sea beasties), etc, and different ships attacking, even ones sailed by other pirates, where you can steal loot, board and sail an active EITC or Navy ship, explore uncharted waters and so on.
Savor it!
How cool would it be that when you boarded a enemy ship, you commandeered it and could infiltrate that fraction until discovered and sunk?
Could this be a quest? A spy ship? I can see jumping an EITC ship and heading to Kings under disguise and do quests. Of course you get discovered and have to fight your way out.

I would love sailing incentives, though we need a more stable sea to sail on & make it more fair with loot. I often get better loot by just repairing rather than cannoneering... I usually have 2 alts on a ship, even public & it is really sad that the alt doing more work/damage gets less loot & sometimes no items at all but gold & mats while the other that repaired as needed gets famed & brights besides...

I'm with you on this on both counts. I'd swear that in potco when you boarded a public ship you only got the loot that was taken while you were aboard. I sail quite a bit even though there is only one item that I don't have that I would like that can be had sailing, an unmentionable item that has been my most wanted item in all the game since I learned of it's existence sometime in the middle of potco, lol. Things like additional sea only loot would be way cool. Of course, I'd prefer CD to this in the short run but in the bigger scheme of things a bigger sea, more sea only loot items, more ship upgrades and customizations, improved sailing mechanics, more sophisticated and powerful npc ships, and more variety of island costal waters would all be great. Too much? Never enough! Rofl

Back