New Tags!

Francis Gunshot

Site Founder
I just wanted to say I love the new tags could we have an updated tag page so we can see what they all look like now. Or is the tags going to change like the site logo? Every Month?

Courtesy of JadeOHayes :) This is a one-time change.
I'll be pushing out another update to them this weekend that'll make them a little easier to read.

If nobody else does I'll post a list later today.

Francis ... :facepalm: ... :lol1:

Like Davy said, it's a one-time deal. Of course, we cannot foresee the future, so if the Admins deem those tags necessary to be 'adjusted' (edited, added, removed) in the future, then let us cross that bridge when we get there. But these are something that we can be proud of putting our trademark on. They are our identity for title tagging. No other site can acquire or use these tags.

And thank you ...

Francis ... :facepalm: ... :lol1:

Like Davy said, it's a one-time deal. Of course, we cannot foresee the future, so if the Admins deem those tags necessary to be 'adjusted' (edited, added, removed) in the future, then let us cross that bridge when we get there. But these are something that we can be proud of putting our trademark on. They are our identity for title tagging. No other site can acquire or use these tags.

And thank you ...

:lol1:

Gonna give Davy a hand and post the new tags we have.
founder.png

site_founder.png

news_reporter.png

greeter_m.png

greeter.png

forum_mod.png

album_mod.png

mod.png

lead_mod.png

admin.png

It's showing for me Will, it will show different things to different people until the CDN system stabilizes. Try clearing your cache.
Thats weird, I was able to see the wolf just fine when I posted the tags. Now it doesnt show it. Im gonna try clearing my cache also.

Thats weird, I was able to see the wolf just fine when I posted the tags. Now it doesnt show it. Im gonna try clearing my cache also.
Not sure if it's worth trying to explain (no offense to anyone, I'm just not great at explaining things, and this isn't really the place for it), but basically the way it works is I upload images to a central server and a copy is kept on distributed servers throughout the world. This means if you live in say, Los Angeles, it will pull the image from the Los Angeles server, as opposed to someone in New York, where it will pull the image from their local server. This helps the site to load faster and thin bandwidth a bit.

As a result of this system, when I update an image on the central server, the copy kept on the distributed servers is not updated immediately. The local servers don't all update at once either, so if you don't see the updated version it may simply mean the image is currently being pulled from a server that hasn't updated it's cache yet.

(FWIW you can check images on the central server by removing the 'cdn.' prefix from the image URL).

Back