New Weapons/New Dueling Techniques

Would you like to see this get added so we can use it?

• Total voters

Luis

Notorious Pirate
I was on the Potco Wiki the other day looking at the Spanish and French Undead fighting techniques and what weapons they use. The Spanish Undead use their special Dual Cutlasses, and the French Undead use a type of sword called a Foil. So it got me wondering, what if they added this so us pirates can use it.

Dual Cutlasses

Cutlass_hack.png
Dual Cutlass Barrage - This skill uses a combination of numerous left and right slashes in quick succession to deal damage to the target.

Dual_Cutlass_Barrage3.png

Cutlass_slash.png
Dual Cutlass Combination - The user uses a series of double cuts to strike the target multiple times with both swords.
250px-Dual_cutlass_combo.png

Cutlass_cleave.png
Dual Cutlass Gore -
With this skill, the user thrusts its dual swords into the target multiple times dealing extensive damage to the target.
300px-Dual_cutlass_gore2.png

Cutlass_flourish.png
Dual Cutlass Spin - With this skill, the user spins to strike the target multiple times with both swords dealing a considerable amount of damage.
225px-Dual_Cutlass_Spin2.png

Cutlass_stab.png
Dual Cutlass X-Slash - The skill uses two strong slashes in an X shaped slice which delivers damage via both swings at the same time.
200px-Dual_cutlass_x_slash.png

The Foil

Cutlass_hack.png
Foil Impale - The skill uses a forward thrust.
350px-Foil_Impale%26Fleche_action.png

Cutlass_slash.png
Foil Remise - The skill is a skill where the user swings their blade down low to hook your target.
300px-Foil_remise_action.png

Cutlass_cleave.png
Foil Reprise - This skill, when used by the user uses a strong blow that is dealt from above the enemy's head which bears down upon your target inflicting damage. (Image)

Cutlass_flourish.png
Foil Cadence - This skill is very similar to Flurry, using a series of moves and fast sword spins to inflict damage to your target.
200px-Foil_Candence_action.png

Cutlass_stab.png
Foil Swipe - The skill is a quick upward slash that moves quick and fast to inflict damage to the target. (Image)

Cutlass_brawl.png
Brawl/Foil Balestra Kick - This skill uses a strong forward kick where the user jumps at the target thrusting out a hard kick towards them inflicting damage to the target. This skill has also been known to break attunements.
305px-Foil_Balestra_Kick_action.png

I personally would like to see both of these added.

Awesome :D
I've always loved Dual Blades, never thought they could be added in POTCO though :p

Here's a video I found from my last mmo, you might want to check out. It has most techniques mentioned together and some new ones.

seriously.. they blocked my video -.-
anyway here's the link for it :

Last edited by a moderator:
Although the skills suggest that the undead french are using foils, they're actually using Epees, as they are named in the game's files.

There are a few unreleased sword types including Epee, Rapier, and Scimitar. Epee would use the animations of the french undead, and it's rumored that Scimitars would be using the animations of the Spanish Undead, with a more savage look to it.

In the phase files the unreleased weapon types and the unreleased weapons of those types are completely finished, all we have to do is wait for POTCO to get off their bum and release them.

Although the skills suggest that the undead french are using foils, they're actually using Epees, as they are named in the game's files.

There are a few unreleased sword types including Epee, Rapier, and Scimitar. Epee would use the animations of the french undead, and it's rumored that Scimitars would be using the animations of the Spanish Undead, with a more savage look to it.

In the phase files the unreleased weapon types and the unreleased weapons of those types are completely finished, all we have to do is wait for POTCO to get off their bum and release them.
Oh... well that makes a lot more sense xD thnx for clarifying

Too many weapons to keep track of as of now, and i may be the only one, but i think the POTCO team should work on adding new islands and quests rather than adding new weapons to an already large assortment

I never thought about that, you raise a good point. Maybe they should be adding some new types of enimies as well?

interesting opinion, may i ask why?
Why? because I personally think adding new skills and weapons is dumb. At least, not right now. The developers should be focused on adding new QUESTS and ISLANDS instead of weapons since we already have a lot of those. Now im not saying I wouldn't like new weapons and skills, cause Dual Blades sound REALLY COOL, and also because there should be at least 2 legendarys per weapon in the game, but there simply aren't enough quests, and the current islands we have don't present much of a challenge or excitement factor after you hit a certain level.

Why? because I personally think adding new skills and weapons is dumb. At least, not right now. The developers should be focused on adding new QUESTS and ISLANDS instead of weapons since we already have a lot of those. Now im not saying I wouldn't like new weapons and skills, cause Dual Blades sound REALLY COOL, and also because there should be at least 2 legendarys per weapon in the game, but there simply aren't enough quests, and the current islands we have don't present much of a challenge or excitement factor after you hit a certain level.

i see were your coming from with that. I hope that they make a quest in which u have to be completly mastered to do, to me that would be awesome.

Back