• Idk but he has good points

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Nightwolf

Legendary Pirate
Site Founder
Idk if this is already a theory but whenever I tell people a few people say I'm wrong but you can not argue with my logic so here it is.

First of all we all know that numbers are endless right. Numbers go 10's, 100's, 1000's and so on. They all have a name to and this is the key part of my theory. Tens, hundreds, and thousands. But what happens when you number has a million zeros. So it is my theory that any word and word combination can be considered a number.

Example: 2cherrytrees is a number, 3 willnightwolfswritinghistheoryonpiratesforums is a number as well. Some people say it isn't but because numbers are endless your eventually gonna run out of words like million and billion and will have to use words like cherrytree or applepie or piratesforums at the end of numbers.

I wanna hear your opinion and remeber these key facts.

-numbers are endless
-words like million and billion will run out eventually
-number are endless
-2 cherrytrees may have 10 zillion zeros attached to it but eventually words like million and billion will run out and we will use different words.

People say this is not true because they can't accept 2 pineapples as a number. But again words like million and billion will run out. They also say well you can't use that because it's an object. So again words like million and billion will run out and who says I can't name a product million. Eventually will run out of names for items and use words like million and billion.

well this is true that numbers go on forever and because people dont want to learn all these numbers they rly dont exist so in reality you could make up ur own number but it could never actually be a true number

Uh...... after a billion it goes like this -

Number of zerosU.S. & scientific community
3thousand

6million

9billion

12trillion

15quadrillion

18quintillion

21***tillion

24septillion

27octillion

30nonillion

33decillion

36undecillion

39duodecillion

42tredecillion

45quattuordecillion

48quindecillion

51***decillion

54septendecillion

57octodecillion

60novemdecillion

63vigintillion

66 - 120

303centillion

when are we going to use more then 303 zeros?
EDIT (Mar 23, 2011 at 5:22 PM):
and yeah i googled that so thats why its all messed up looking :p

well this is true that numbers go on forever and because people dont want to learn all these numbers they rly dont exist so in reality you could make up ur own number but it could never actually be a true number

JUst cause you dont see it doesnt mean it's real. Ive never seen 1 billion dollars in person but I know it's real.

And rose my point is although no one has the patience to count that high number keep going and eventually numbers will hit 2 tacostandsincanada. There may not even be that many number of things in the world but since numbers are endless and until it's proven untrue this is a true theory.

JUst cause you dont see it doesnt mean it's real. Ive never seen 1 billion dollars in person but I know it's real.

And rose my point is although no one has the patience to count that high number keep going and eventually numbers will hit 2 tacostandsincanada. There may not even be that many number of things in the world but since numbers are endless and until it's proven untrue this is a true theory.

it cant actually be a real number because you cant have 100 diff people saying the same number is a bunch of diff things though ur theory can be called correct

- I agree with Will that numbers are endless and they are real even though we can't "see" them or never count that high.

- I agree with Capt. Hi that we can't have 100 ppl call the same number a bunch of different things when the number is so high that we run out of things to call them.

- Bottom line is, it's all about the convention. How we 'agree' to call a certain digit of number a certain name. As long as there is no necessity (yet) for counting a certain number that is so high, the world wouldn't care what you want to call it.

You can call a billion digit number "tacobellwith extrawhippedcreamcherrieschivesandketchup" if youwant to ... But nobody else but you would understand what you are talking about ... :p

When it is deemed necessary to 'communicate' that terminology to other ppl (because math and science world needs that number to proof a theory, for instance), then the world needs an agreement/convension on how we are going to call it. When that time comes, I'd suggest you to make a 'proposal' to the international commission/academy of science (or whatever agency that takes care of this business) about your favorite terminology! :D

I do believe that numbers are endless because the world doesn't have a number cap or a set number that is the end or them all.

Nightwolf's theory is true, that, in time, we will run out of the words million, billion, sand trillion, because numbers are endless, so, when that time comes, we will have to use words we may not be familiar with, even if it's random stuff.

I agree with Nightwolf's theory. [JIM DAGGERSKULL'S OFFICIAL STAMP OF THEORY APPROVAL]

- I agree with Will that numbers are endless and they are real even though we can't "see" them or never count that high.

- I agree with Capt. Hi that we can't have 100 ppl call the same number a bunch of different things when the number is so high that we run out of things to call them.

- Bottom line is, it's all about the convention. How we 'agree' to call a certain digit of number a certain name. As long as there is no necessity (yet) for counting a certain number that is so high, the world wouldn't care what you want to call it.

You can call a billion digit number "tacobellwith extrawhippedcreamcherrieschivesandketchup" if youwant to ... But nobody else but you would understand what you are talking about ... :p

When it is deemed necessary to 'communicate' that terminology to other ppl (because math and science world needs that number to proof a theory, for instance), then the world needs an agreement/convension on how we are going to call it. When that time comes, I'd suggest you to make a 'proposal' to the international commission/academy of science (or whatever agency that takes care of this business) about your favorite terminology! :D

Oh ya I know that of course the would have to be a clear consenses on what amount of 0's equal what number I was just giving random examples if that's what caused the confusion. I'm not saying you get to choose what it is Nightwolf's theory is that eventually any word or word combination wud become a number.

numbers are endless just not all of them have names because there not commonly used in eveyday life im sure if we ever need them they will make new names for them

will ya all please lay off the rum and just go out and kill some thing. all this talk about numbers makes my head hurt . now i need the rum. the only numbers that are real for me are the ones i have or need. we need to worrie about more important things like where ya going to hide, what your going to do when they come for you. i have even posted pic of their ships. ( that mysterously disappered from the forums the next day ) the end is near. wake up people the aliens are coming!:oops:

will ya all please lay off the rum and just go out and kill some thing. all this talk about numbers makes my head hurt . now i need the rum. the only numbers that are real for me are the ones i have or need. we need to worrie about more important things like where ya going to hide, what your going to do when they come for you. i have even posted pic of their ships. ( that mysterously disappered from the forums the next day ) the end is near. wake up people the aliens are coming!:oops:

no they already came people hop the border into the us all the time and the end is not near

Lol you gotta stop with the filters ^^

" ***tillion "

Numbers are endless.
Words aren't.

Lol you gotta stop with the filters ^^

" ***tillion "

Numbers are endless.
Words aren't.

actually words are endless as well. theres only 25 i believe letters you can use but how many you use to make the word is up to you. This could be a word hhhjisadhjbdakndcyghbfkabcuygalwdeqojbixdbqzlnmdubqeifb that means a piece of bread with peanut butter and spagehtti. ps my econ teacher told all his students to try that and it actually wasnt that bad.

that means a piece of bread with peanut butter and spagehtti. ps my econ teacher told all his students to try that and it actually wasnt that bad.

Your teacher must be one of those ppl who agree with the saying, "The food is going to mix inside your body anyway, so what's the difference in mixing it before you eat it ... " :D
I think I'd pass ... unless I really, really had to ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back