Suggestion No AFK crew leaders

Ahoy, Bonny!

I couldn't agree more to this post. It's frustrating when your crew leader can't handle the crew, and promptly AFK's. Having to entirely restart a crew can be a hassle along with trying to swooze people into leaving their previous one so the EXP Bonus can be as high as possible.

I believe that this would be a fantastic Quality of Life change to the game as stated before, and this would definitely help in eliminating some of the active problems that players run into on more populated servers in high-density looting areas.

Happy Pirating!

Or also possibly add an option to hand off crew to a specific person who wants to handle it? I have been in crews where crew leader left and the person the crew was handed to wasn’t afk but simply didn’t pay attention to chat or didn’t want to pay attention. Whatever the case may have been, they didn’t manage the crew.

Or also possibly add an option to hand off crew to a specific person who wants to handle it? I have been in crews where crew leader left and the person the crew was handed to wasn’t afk but simply didn’t pay attention to chat or didn’t want to pay attention. Whatever the case may have been, they didn’t manage the crew.

That could also very well be a way to do it! I've always believed it should be an option for the standing crew leader to be able to hand off the crew to whomever he or she wants, or by electing a First Mate who will automatically take host the crew if the crew leader disconnects.

That could also very well be a way to do it! I've always believed it should be an option for the standing crew leader to be able to hand off the crew to whomever he or she wants, or by electing a First Mate who will automatically take host the crew if the crew leader disconnects.
I believe we can do that now, but in a long about way as chatting with whomever and asking them to take over. I don't do open sailing, so I assumed the capt. could choose people on the fly.

Interesting idea! I wonder though how it would handle a crew of all AFK users. Would it (or rather, should it) still switch around every ten minutes?

Interesting idea! I wonder though how it would handle a crew of all AFK users. Would it (or rather, should it) still switch around every ten minutes?
I would say if the whole crew is afk, the crew leader would not swap, but once the first player returns, they would get crew lead instead.

Personally if you're in the crew you should be able to invite anyone else. I dont get why crew leaders are a thing. What's the worst that will happen? You'll get more crew members? If you dont like someone they can just be removed anyway so lol...

Personally if you're in the crew you should be able to invite anyone else. I dont get why crew leaders are a thing. What's the worst that will happen? You'll get more crew members? If you dont like someone they can just be removed anyway so lol...

HIGHLY agree. Absolutely no point for even having crew leaders. If you're in the crew you should be able to invite someone. If you want to stop someone from being in the crew just implement a crew ban option...<That would be the only reason to have a crew leader is for someone to moderate that banned crew members

In response to @XJumper:

I do personally see the mechanic as relatively needless for the current state of the game's functionality, save from one scenario. (See Below)

The player who creates the crew (deemed the Crew Leader), should continue being the only one allowed to make decisions for mass crew events such as the Black Pearl Battle Treasure Map or Team PvP, as this could cause griefing among large groups looting in the densely populated boss areas.

Other than that, I don't see the mechanic as entirely useful and could very easily be swapped or modified to see extended use or removed until the use has been found.

Back