Glitch No audio

Zell Makonada

Swashbuckler
So I just got back to playing this game. After I launch the game, it runs fine, but there's absolutely no sound. I've tried setting a default audio device, running as administrator, restarting my computer, nothing seems to work.

I would appreciate any help available.

Ok. So. I contacted support two days ago. Haven't gotten a reply.

The sound is not turned off in the in-game options.

I use headphones.

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.

Ok. So. I contacted support two days ago. Haven't gotten a reply.

The sound is not turned off in the in-game options.

I use headphones.

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
If you have your headphones plugged in before you launch TLOPO, try unplugging them, launch TLOPO, then plugging them in once the game has loaded.

So I plugged my headphones in after the game loaded. There was no sound coming out of the speakers and no sound from the headphones after I plugged them in.

So I plugged my headphones in after the game loaded. There was no sound coming out of the speakers and no sound from the headphones after I plugged them in.
What OS are you using. Is it a laptop, what brand.
If windows, any, you could look up your audio devices in the control box the device manager and try the 'uninstall a audio device' tip. You uninstall like the sound card, then go to top of box and look for 'action'>scan for hardware changes`. and windows will find and reinstall the device. Most of the times this could correct problems of lost sound or files.

On laptops, many have a volume mute button at the top rows that's not always that obvious and people turn off the audio without realizing it.
If you want to try the device manager thing and have windows, I could probably make up a pictorial for you.

Some possible sources of help.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht070759 <-- on this one you would do the new hardware scan selection.

GL

Last edited:
So. If I uninstall, say, Realtek Audio, will it still be there so I can reinstall it and update its drivers?

I have am Alienware 15 R3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Windows 10 Home
64 bit OS
32 GB of RAM

Last edited:
So. If I uninstall, say, Realtek Audio, will it still be there so I can reinstall it and update its drivers?

I have am Alienware 15 R3
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Windows 10 Home
64 bit OS
32 GB of RAM
Well, yes. If you do it through the device manager using an older technique as in right clicking said item, choosing 'properties', then look in the driver tab for choices with drivers. If you pick uninstall from the first right click menu, to uninstall the item itself, windows will remove the instance of it. Then you choose rescan for hardware changes.. wherever win10 has that, and windows will find and reload the device drivers for that item. Note, that windows will almost always choose microsoft made drivers. If you know where realtek may have installed it's own company drivers, or go to their website, download the newest drivers for the item and place them where you can find the realteck drivers, you could go back to the driver window from the item properties you checked and there will be a choice to update drivers. Select that you want to load them yourself from elsewhere and not let windows look for them. You are not removing the realteck program from your system, just the instance in device manager where it is controlled from.

On the howtogeek link, try the 'view hidden devices' instructions to see things that are ghosted (not connected at the time). If under sound, video and game controllers line, you may have many greyed out items including duplicate realtek. You can safely right click and uninstall the greyed items and any other ones in the sound list that you don't recongnize or know you removed them from the computer. Left over drivers can cause all sorts of random problems. Your soundcard should show up solid. eom

My steps to check this would be:
  1. Reinstall audio drivers.
  2. Double check default audio output in Windows.
  3. Double check volume mixer settings in Windows. You can mute TLOPO but leave everything else playing on a particular audio output.
  4. Double check in-game audio settings.
  5. If all else fails, send us a game log at support@tlopo.com correlating with your audio not working.
One good thing to note: say for example you start TLOPO with regular computer speakers as the output. If you switch to headphones, TLOPO won't go to headphones. It will stay with the last known default output (the speakers). If you want TLOPO to output to your headphones, make sure your headphones are the default audio device and restart the game.

I can't switch between speakers and headphones as defaullt. Speakers and headphones are listed as one device. Speakers / Headphones (Realtek Audio).

It should be known there is another audio device possible listed as Headphones (Oculus Virtual Audio Device). This is of course from my Oculus Rift S that is not plugged in.

I've also already tried to put the headphones in only after the game loaded. No sound played from either device.
I also never had this problem before I came back to play the game this month after maybe half a year away.

I've informed support on Februrary 7th. I've gotten no reply since.

Last edited:
You can safely right click and uninstall the greyed items and any other ones in the sound list that you don't recongnize or know you removed them from the computer.

So your saying to delete all the greyed out items? I feel like that's not safe. I recognize some of the greyed items.

So your saying to delete all the greyed out items? I feel like that's not safe. I recognize some of the greyed items.
Whatever ones you don't recognize and multi exact copies. Look in the ports and usb and clean those up. You can safely uninstall the oculus for now as a test. You are not removing the drivers of any that specifically ask to remove at this stage, just the reference in device manager. When you plug the device back in windows will install them again. The greyed out devices can cause memory location and irq conflicts.

It should be known I'm also having problems with another game I haven't played for a while. A game called Way of the Samurai 4. The game used to run just fine. The main menu works, but when I load a save the game runs at like 1 FPS and there's no sound. I feel TLoPO and Way of the Samurai 4 can be fixed via the same method. Messing around with drivers. Fixing one game may fix the other.

I once also had trouble getting Fallout: New Vegas to work. It turns out it had something to do with an audio driver. I don't remember how I fixed it, but I did. I think I somehow forced Windows to update an audio driver that it said was up to date.

The similarities of these issues is interesting me. Not 100% related to just TLoPO. Just something to take note of in the very unlikely case someone manages to narrow down the issue using this info.

OMG! I fixed it! Wouldn't you know it, it was Realtek Audio acting up again! I went into Device Manager, uninstalled the driver, and Windows automatically reinstalled it. And now it works! And the other game I had trouble with works too!

Thank you all for your patience and help!

Back