No Bounty Hunters Option

KT_Kelis78

Sea Legs
I'm Pretty Sure That We All Get Annoyed With Bounty Hunters When We're Trying To Do Loot Runs. I Feel That We Should Have The Option To Turn Bounty Hunters/Warships Off. You Can Do It That Way Or Make A Couple Servers That Don't Run Hunters. But I Feel It Would Be A Lot Of Work To Do For You Guys So I Mean Maybe In The Ship Hull Category Where You View Your Ships..You Can Have The Option To Turn Hunters And Warships On And Off.

That option already exists; Don't Sink Hunters!
I do loot runs every day, some lasting 90 minutes or longer, and in that time I sink no Hunters or Warships.
There's no reason why you shouldn't do the same.
Savor it!

I'm Pretty Sure That We All Get Annoyed With Bounty Hunters When We're Trying To Do Loot Runs. I Feel That We Should Have The Option To Turn Bounty Hunters/Warships Off. You Can Do It That Way Or Make A Couple Servers That Don't Run Hunters. But I Feel It Would Be A Lot Of Work To Do For You Guys So I Mean Maybe In The Ship Hull Category Where You View Your Ships..You Can Have The Option To Turn Hunters And Warships On And Off.

That's an interesting idea I love doing loot runs do snag famed and brights but mats from hunters take over loot chests.

No. If you don't want them, mast them down and leave them in the dust, if you feel like you shouldn't have to deal with them, then looting would be wayyyy to easy. I know of a few runs where we were completely destroyed by the ships of the line with just ONE broadside, and I think that adds more challenge and quality to the game, as well as risk.

There IS AN EXISTING WAY TO AVOID HUNTERS... and avoid Navy and EITC from sensing your ship and attacking.

Simply shoot only skeleton ships.

If you never have the black flag in your sailing circle in the top left corner... you stay under the radar for Navy, EITC, and Hunters.
Skeletons will attack you regardless. I'm sure if you've boarded your ship with a skeleton next to your ship... you've found that it will attack. But Navy and EITC will NEVER do this unless you hit them first.

So if you want to sail around, leveling up cannon and have only one or two people on board for cannon... simply shoot only skeleton ships.
And you can do it all day forever... with no Hunters to bother ya.

And you can drive through a pack of EITC, Navy to get to a skeleton and not worry about them turning on you.

Just make sure... if someone forgets and hits an EITC or Navy... you automatically go full red flag to hunters, et al.

No. If you don't want them, mast them down and leave them in the dust, if you feel like you shouldn't have to deal with them, then looting would be wayyyy to easy. I know of a few runs where we were completely destroyed by the ships of the line with just ONE broadside, and I think that adds more challenge and quality to the game, as well as risk.

Indeed That Is But It's Not To Necessarily Make Things Easier Because You Do Need Hunters To Obtain Ship Materials So It Would Still Force Players To Interact With Hunters Anyway.. And Yes I Am Aware Of Shooting Masts Down But Many Times I've Done That And They Still Have There Little Cheat Boost Keeping Up With You N That Bothers Me But Hey It's Only A Suggestion

There IS AN EXISTING WAY TO AVOID HUNTERS... and avoid Navy and EITC from sensing your ship and attacking.

Simply shoot only skeleton ships.

If you never have the black flag in your sailing circle in the top left corner... you stay under the radar for Navy, EITC, and Hunters.
Skeletons will attack you regardless. I'm sure if you've boarded your ship with a skeleton next to your ship... you've found that it will attack. But Navy and EITC will NEVER do this unless you hit them first.

So if you want to sail around, leveling up cannon and have only one or two people on board for cannon... simply shoot only skeleton ships.
And you can do it all day forever... with no Hunters to bother ya.

And you can drive through a pack of EITC, Navy to get to a skeleton and not worry about them turning on you.

Just make sure... if someone forgets and hits an EITC or Navy... you automatically go full red flag to hunters, et al.
I don't think this actually works, because some of the bounty-hunter-status flags are triggered by your cargo count, instead of who you've been sinking.

disagree,

Been doing it for months. Try it.
Thing is I'm not sure if I did. I remember sinking only skeleton ships and then reaching the "pirate with one bone" flag status once my cargo was full, which means the navy/eitc ships would attack me even though I didn't sink any of them.

I can't remember if I ended up with hunters because of skeleton ships or whether I got targeted by a navy ship and sank it lol.

Hence I said "I don't think it" instead of "it definitely doesn't". I'll try it eventually, but I couldn't when I posted that.

Edit: I just tested it, and I have a hunter chasing me right now. It doesn't work.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by "my attitude out of our forums"... all I simply said was to suggest trying it. It was not meant in mean spirit. I will continue to sink skeletons without hunters attacking. Have a great day.

Not sure what you mean by "my attitude out of our forums"... all I simply said was to suggest trying it. It was not meant in mean spirit. I will continue to sink skeletons without hunters attacking. Have a great day.
Your message came off pretty condescending. But not enough to really matter.

But the real reason I'm responding here is because the skeletons thing doesn't work. I tested it myself Saturday, and again just now. You might have just had that glitch where hunters don't spawn anyway.

This idea would make no sense. Let's take roleplay and logic into account.
If you sink a large amount of navy, EITC, skeleton, or whatever, then naturally a BOUNTY LOOT HUNTER will want to take your cargo.

On the other hand, there should be a few exceptions:
A) If you sink only skeletons (who will attack you just for being near them), then hunters should attack you for the cargo, but not the Royal Navy!
B) If you sink Navy only -- Royal Navy should attack; however, if you sink E.I.T.C only -- E.I.T.C Navy should attack.

Unfortunately, however, disabling NPCs from the desire to steal your cargo (not that they actually do, but that is what the game suggests) is never going to happen. Sure, this game has some unrealistic things in it, but you can't just ask the royal navy to politely not sink you for your cargo. After all, you are a pirate in the first place, which is illegal and punishable by death.

(Also keep in mind that all the current hunters are navy, so sinking them should definitely trigger warships).

The developers have already reduced the game to a very easy level. And you want to make it no challenge at all?
To me the game is too easy. Almost too easy to want to even play it. They need to turn up the difficulty.

Back