No Censorship Wanted!

I think we are going to need to defined "censorship" more in depth on the site. We are against censorship, but it is not to be confused by "abuse" to the site, or the things that jeopardize the well being of the community as a whole or partially.

So, abusive behavior, and things that threaten the stability of site, will indeed be dealt with, to make sure that all our members are safe, and that we, don't let abusers try to abuse the site, and member's privacy.

Agreed, very well said ...

I do believe that some ( i am not referring to the forum) people make comments that are incensitive and rude. I was shocked when i discovered that the online news paper posted anything anyone said under the news article. Even when some one passed away. These are adults not children that post this. Making slanderous comments. I appreciate when censorship takes place for the reason Treas posted below.
I think we are going to need to defined "censorship" more in depth on the site. We are against censorship, but it is not to be confused by "abuse" to the site, or the things that jeopardize the well being of the community as a whole or partially.

So, abusive behavior, and things that threaten the stability of site, will indeed be dealt with, to make sure that all our members are safe, and that we, don't let abusers try to abuse the site, and member's privacy.

After all this is a family game like Red River said.

oh and forgive me if you are affended by what I said. This is not meant to imply that anything anyone said earlier on the forum was in bad taste. I am just using an example. And with that saying, i will stop transmitting. ; )

Generally speaking, I'm anti-censorship, but I do recognize the importance of it (limited as it might be) in a public forum. The legal age to be posting on forums and other internet chat sites in the US is 13, though some members do occasionally end up younger than that (hopefully with some kind of parental permission?).

As such, keep it clean in public. Obviously your private conversations are a different matter, and I'd leave it up to your judgement on how to speak. In public though, if you think it might offend someone, don't post it. On a forum I used to moderate, someone said if you wouldn't say it to your mother, don't post it.

Edit: Grammar tweaking

ok let's see...this seems to be a thread about the blind lady justice....no one can see the right or wrong but the intent..soo with that think of being at the thanksgiving table with your grandparents to your own children and treat the conversation as such now if you leave the table and speak to somebody in another room (aka private chat) that is a different storey....and my dad did something to me as a young lass he sat me down in front of our bathroom mirror and told me to carry a normal conversation with myself using every curse word you can think of and listen and watch what is sounds like....i did and i wasn't impressed...and my dad said now do you like what you hear? doesn't sound very intelligent nor pollite does it?i blushed and shook my head no sir. he said "then do you think everybody else who knows you would like to hear you talk this way?" my answer was no sir again. my father got up and walked out of the bathroom and said alright then come join us humans at the dinner table :D it is as you want it to be, if you want to sound very vulgar then so be it myself i prefer a little better conversation since that day...oh and btw i was only 7 yrs old and i said the number too wrod in front of everybody cuz i dropped some hot food in my lap....to all the credit in the world my father neither raised a hand to hit me nor whip me he just said come with me young lady to the bathroom...i thought i was a goner for sure but i think he is the wisest person i have ever known from that day to the present...remeber the measure of a persons iq is measured in many different ways and one way is the written speach by your own hands..i for one feel like i walked into a room of comrades in arms (here) versus looking through bars at the banquet inside (the other forums) ty for this post Molly many are very frustrated with the other forums and i agree there is alot of knowledge to be gained there once you figure out how to get around in it...i love this place cuz friends new and some very old come here and we chat speak talk about the days events and days of legendary past... and you can learn alot about yourself here as well...ARE YE A BLIP OR A PIRATE!?!?!? STAND AND BE COUNTED BEFORE THE MAST ME HARTYS YO-HO!!!!!

I do find it ironic that someone who started a thread titled "No Censorship Wanted" would advocate such PC notions as prohibiting terms such as "rep stealer" Speaking as someone who had sworn an oath to uphold and defend our rights including the right to free speech I do find that PC notion to be offensive. I realize that this is a privately owned site, They do grant us a lot more freedom of speech here than was allowed on the other site, for which I'm grateful. I realize that certain areas of speech here must be avoided in the interest of maintaining harmony and keeping gratuitious vulgarity off site. I'd just hate to see this place fall into the PC trap

It was me Red and i find the term derogertory insulting and offensive.The reason being is so many call everyone rep stealers.That just isen't so!

Back