Glitch No Leadership Skill after BP Quest

Discussion in 'TLOPO Bugs, Glitches, and Workarounds' started by Michael Tuga, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Michael Tuga

Michael Tuga Swashbuckler

Aye there! I just did the BP quest and did no get the leadership skill. I already retrained sailing to see if it would work but it didnt.
    screenshot_2017-11-19_19-14-27.jpg screenshot_2017-11-19_19-14-51.jpg

2. Michael Tuga

3. Kevin Ironbeard

Kevin Ironbeard Buccaneer

I had the same problem. I freed the pearl and went to talk to jack but nothing. Although, I see the bp quest is still in lookout, so I think I can try again. I just am not motivated to try again because it didn't work the first time.

4. Sky Kiwi

Sky Kiwi Pirate Master

That's not the quest, that's the minigame.

When you reach a certain point in the black pearl quest you unlock the minigame forever. You get Leadership from completing the quest, not the minigame - the minigame is just a requirement for one stage of the quest. So the chances of getting the leadership skill from redoing the minigame are slim to none.

Shamus The Brute likes this.
  5. Michael Tuga

I did the mision again but with no success. Only on the second run I found out I need to go talk to John and Jack because someone told me and, after 2 successful runs there was no quest telling me I should do it.

I think this another case of "disappearing quests"....

6. Kevin Ironbeard

After freeing the pearl, I went to Jack Sparrow but he had nothing. Should I try talking to Johnathan Gibbs too? I also tried Elizabeth but she said nothing. The quest is also gone from my quest list.

7. margaretsamaniego

margaretsamaniego Swashbuckler

I have been trying to log on game for a day and half it keeps saying 900: couldn't connect to the account server id anyone else getting this

8. Bess Shoregrim

Bess Shoregrim Pirate Lord

Is there anyone else that still has not gotten the Leadership Skill? I finished the BP battle way back in September and the quest vanished right afterward. I emailed support way back then and they said just to be patient. I am patient, and at this point really used to not having the skill. Just wanted to make sure that I am not the only one that still has not received the skill.

Alli likes this.
  9. Kevin Ironbeard

Bess, I had the same problem back last September and still do not have the sailing skill?

Alli likes this.
  10. Michael Tuga

And still no fix...

11. Bess Shoregrim

Bess Shoregrim Pirate Lord

At this point I have accepted the fact that I will never get the leadership skill.

12. StarfireRose77

StarfireRose77 Notorious Pirate

There were several of us from our guild that finished the quest did the black pearl last night. We all got our I would ask support if there is a way they could just give the skill to you because they can see that you finished the quest.

13. tiberias

tiberias Honorable Pirate

Maybe a more simple solution is to just reset the quest for them so they can do it again. I helped someone finish it last night too and I believe they got their leadership skill. Not sure what is easier for support to do, give them the skill or reset the quest?

14. StarfireRose77

The black pearl is a long quest so I wouldn't want them to have to do it over. But support can see that they did it so I wouldn't have any problem with them giving it to people who did the quest. They did that for me on a pirate where I didn't get the raven's cove teleportation totem. I did the quest but didn't get it and they gave that to me through a code.

tiberias likes this.
  15. tiberias

tiberias Honorable Pirate

that sounds like the,way to go then.

I wonder if people who haven't got their leadership skill have tried redoing the boss battle to see what happens?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019 at 3:22 AM
  16. Shamus The Brute

Site Founder

Can they actually “see” what was done/accomplished or, did they just give out a code (to provide a workaround for you) taking your word that it was finished?

Yeah, I agree that the BP quest is too long for someone to feel compelled to have to do over.

17. StarfireRose77

They gave me a code but they could see I finished the main Raven's Cove quest. And they could see I didn't have the teleportation totem.