Glitch No Leadership Skill after BP Quest

Michael Tuga

Swashbuckler
Aye there! I just did the BP quest and did no get the leadership skill. I already retrained sailing to see if it would work but it didnt.
screenshot_2017-11-19_19-14-27.jpg screenshot_2017-11-19_19-14-51.jpg

I had the same problem. I freed the pearl and went to talk to jack but nothing. Although, I see the bp quest is still in lookout, so I think I can try again. I just am not motivated to try again because it didn't work the first time.

I had the same problem. I freed the pearl and went to talk to jack but nothing. Although, I see the bp quest is still in lookout, so I think I can try again. I just am not motivated to try again because it didn't work the first time.
That's not the quest, that's the minigame.

When you reach a certain point in the black pearl quest you unlock the minigame forever. You get Leadership from completing the quest, not the minigame - the minigame is just a requirement for one stage of the quest. So the chances of getting the leadership skill from redoing the minigame are slim to none.

I did the mision again but with no success. Only on the second run I found out I need to go talk to John and Jack because someone told me and, after 2 successful runs there was no quest telling me I should do it.

I think this another case of "disappearing quests"....

After freeing the pearl, I went to Jack Sparrow but he had nothing. Should I try talking to Johnathan Gibbs too? I also tried Elizabeth but she said nothing. The quest is also gone from my quest list.

I have been trying to log on game for a day and half it keeps saying 900: couldn't connect to the account server id anyone else getting this

Is there anyone else that still has not gotten the Leadership Skill? I finished the BP battle way back in September and the quest vanished right afterward. I emailed support way back then and they said just to be patient. I am patient, and at this point really used to not having the skill. Just wanted to make sure that I am not the only one that still has not received the skill.

There were several of us from our guild that finished the quest did the black pearl last night. We all got ours I would ask support if there is a way they could just give the skill to you because they can see that you finished the quest.

Last edited:
Maybe a more simple solution is to just reset the quest for them so they can do it again. I helped someone finish it last night too and I believe they got their leadership skill. Not sure what is easier for support to do, give them the skill or reset the quest?

The black pearl is a long quest so I wouldn't want them to have to do it over. But support can see that they did it so I wouldn't have any problem with them giving it to people who did the quest. They did that for me on a pirate where I didn't get the raven's cove teleportation totem. I did the quest but didn't get it and they gave that to me through a code.

that sounds like the,way to go then.

I wonder if people who haven't got their leadership skill have tried redoing the boss battle to see what happens?

Last edited:
The black pearl is a long quest so I wouldn't want them to have to do it over. But support can see that they did it so I wouldn't have any problem with them giving it to people who did the quest. They did that for me on a pirate where I didn't get the raven's cove teleportation totem. I did the quest but didn't get it and they gave that to me through a code.
Can they actually “see” what was done/accomplished or, did they just give out a code (to provide a workaround for you) taking your word that it was finished?

Yeah, I agree that the BP quest is too long for someone to feel compelled to have to do over.

Also want to say there are certain things they will give you but not all things. On another of my pirates I lost the main quest for Raven's Cove because of some kind of glitch in the game. It happened to others too. I requested to get the quest back but they said they were working on a fix-to be patient. Well I checked for many months to see if they had found a fix and was still asked to be patient. It has been over a year and I still nothing. I had gotten the totem on that pirate, but my main quest disappeared. I even asked if they could just give the quest to me again and no response to that. I had another pirate tell me they won't do that for the main quest because some people cheat to try and get a second sword at the end. Well, my problem was I couldn't even use the elevator to go up into the inside. I had gotten the first five ghosts and that is as far as I got on the quest before it disappeared. Being I hadn't gotten far in the quest that is why I suggested doing it from the beginning. Didn't know people cheated on stuff like that but it ruins it for others who don't cheat. So on that pirate I couldn't get into Raven's Cove, couldn't get my sword and couldn't get the perks from finishing Raven's Cove main quest. I went on to make other pirates and hope someday they will have a fix for this for others. Right now for some things I guess we just should move on.

Back