No More Namedropping Please

Will Nightwolf

Legendary Pirate
Site Founder
Ahoy Forums Members,

It has come to our attention that some threads have been namedropping recently. Namedropping refers to singling out a person for reasons such as accusing them of something, showing hate towards them, etc..
Namedropping can be considered as drama and flaming which we do not allow. If your threads or posts are made to single out a person for whatever reason they will be removed and a warning may be sent.
Even in cases such as trying to warn others of someone you think could be a hacker or potential threat will not be allowed. The reason is because you could be accusing an innocent person by mistake and we don't want their reputation to be ruined by a false accusation.
The namedropping rule only applies to cases involving accusations, hatred, and other things in that area of interest. In cases where you praise or show respect that is still allowed. Examples below.
[Not Allowed] Man all John Foulroberts does all day is steal and eat my cheese and it sickens me.
[Allowed] Davy Darkrage is back to playing Potco we should celebrate.
[Not Allowed] Will Nightwolf is the meanest person ever .
[Allowed] Captain Star is such an amazing person.
Thank You for taking the time to read this and helping keep our home drama free. If you see any bad namedropping posts please report it and let the staff handle it.:cannon:
-Will Nightwolf

Yes, there's no room for that bad behavior here! (
It's human nature to have differences but don't take it out in a negative way here.
But, it's still ok for John Foulroberts to steal and eat our cheese? :mad: lol
best.jpeg

Yes, there's no room for that bad behavior here! (
It's human nature to have differences but don't take it out in a negative way here.
But, it's still ok for John Foulroberts to steal and eat our cheese? :mad: lol
View attachment 29894
Agreed, people these days tend to be mean to others; we can't stop it everywhere, but we can keep it in check on the forums. Oh, and John's not getting my cheese, I hid it in a safe place :D

so the thread i made about the lvl 6 guy with lvl 27 cannon is ok, right?
As long as the thread wasn't demeaning the pirate or slandering them Jonah that is following the guidelines so to speak. Another Front we would also like to stray away from is calling out guilds you may or may not like...basically practicing the if you dont have anything nice to say... dont post it please :)

Ok, I'll save all my (PLAYFULL!) namecalling for elsewhere ;)

Thanks for telling us, I know it can get quite annoying for someone to be called something, (even if it's true, it's still disrespectful)

Back