noob ?

Capt Drako

Pirate
why do ppl call ppl noobs i think its rude it just a game that we all like playing why do we half to call someone a noob when they are just learning the game i hear this alot

There has been a thread about this topic late last year, look at this link:
https://piratesforums.co/threads/noobs.890/

I don't agree with that terminology myself; it has a negative connotation. But you can check that old thread out, and I'm pretty sure other people might want to add to it too. :)

I agree that its rude when people use the term to point out the lack of knowledge or that a pirate is new to the game. I rarely ever call someone a noob, especially in the game. Its like name calling on the school playground. However, when someone calls themselves a noob that is different. Calling someone a "noob" to be rude in the game I agree is uncalled for. To me, that is grounds to report the name caller.

I agree that its rude when people use the term to point out the lack of knowledge or that a pirate is new to the game. I rarely ever call someone a noob, especially in the game. Its like name calling on the school playground. However, when someone calls themselves a noob that is different. Calling someone a "noob" to be rude in the game I agree is uncalled for. To me, that is grounds to report the name caller.
i agree

well the problem with this words is that it is most commonly used as an insult by people who do not know the meaning of it which causes a problem to make people think its bad when the term clearly means someone who is new to a game so when people who come into the game hear it they take it as an insult when it shouldnt be it should be an instult when you call an experienced player a noob which is them calling that person bad at the game if people used this word right than the term noob wouldnt be a problem for new players

i also find it that when you create a new pirate many ppl ignore and do not think that you may have a higher lvl pirate this game no longer has such a great community

I agree it is rude and not nice to someone who is starting out or having problems getting started
EDIT (Apr 21, 2011 at 1:37 PM):
and the higher levels see a low leve asking questions or asking for help and they say what do u want " noob "
that's being helpful in the game it is rude behavior..
EDIT (Apr 21, 2011 at 1:38 PM):
I agree it is rude and not nice to someone who is starting out or having problems getting started
and the higher levels see a low leve asking questions or asking for help and they say what do u want " noob "
that's being not helpful in the game it is rude behavior..

that's being helpful in the game it is rude behavior..
EDIT (Apr 21, 2011 at 1:38 PM):

did u forget over half the people in this game are rude i had some lvl 4 call me a noob durring an invasion because i couldnt revive him yes i said couldnt cuz u cant revive someone while ur being attacked

ya i really dislike the word noob, it is used as an insult to hurt peoples feelings usually randomly and I just dont approve of that type of shallow behavior. Putting someone down to make yourself feel good isnt cool...

ya i really dislike the word noob, it is used as an insult to hurt peoples feelings usually randomly and I just dont approve of that type of shallow behavior. Putting someone down to make yourself feel good isnt cool...

i dont think what your talking about applies to when someone wrongly uses the term noob they dont do it to make themselves feel better but rather feel they are supirior to the lower levels but what they seem to forget is that they once started off like that too which is why i really miss the old days where everyone was a low lvl and just so you know the term noob is used in every online game no matter where u go

well i have a level 45 pirate and i have made lots of friends. but when i made new pirates i had level 50s calling me a noob and then taking me off there friends list. i actually had someone tp to me call me a noob and say "how did you get on my friends list" and then he took me off his friends list and went offline. I would think being a higher level you would want to build a good reputation by helping the lower levels. everyone starts off at level 0 when they make a new pirate!

well i have a level 45 pirate and i have made lots of friends. but when i made new pirates i had level 50s calling me a noob and then taking me off there friends list. i actually had someone tp to me call me a noob and say "how did you get on my friends list" and then he took me off his friends list and went offline. I would think being a higher level you would want to build a good reputation by helping the lower levels. everyone starts off at level 0 when they make a new pirate!

lol i did that though i am wise enough to make sure they dont delete me just make it a guessing game though i find it pretty bad that some people just make fun of a low lvl without even knowing if they have a better pirate

Back