"noobs"

I agree that its not the level but the person playing it that acts a little off in the head. I had a level 50 walk up to me and a friend and say that he could whip us in pvp. I asked him what his point was and he walked off. Some people I think just wanna look and act tough.

I agree that its not the level but the person playing it that acts a little off in the head. I had a level 50 walk up to me and a friend and say that he could whip us in pvp. I asked him what his point was and he walked off. Some people I think just wanna look and act tough.

that's a really good point. and for the most part, I have no idea why people would do it. you know, if you're a higher level pirate, you should have already figured out how to act on an online game.

most every level 50 maxed out pirates that i have come acrossed were very humble, caring and help full pirates. did run into one level 50 that wanted me to join his guild and became very abusive when i told i really loved the guild i'm in. i could see how this guy could be scarry to childern, but i am not a child. i just figurer he get's picked on in school and then becomes the bully in the game when he gets home.:flag:

I dislike how the new players start attacking you and acting like their better than you AND thinking they can kill you with their useless weapons.

opinions?

Today after doing pvp with Tom and Ally, a level 8 came up to Tom and said "I can whip you in everything cause your a kid" He might not know the real truth but that's just what you said.

it's fine, just remember I'm watching you next time!!! :p

They do that to me to, i was just standing minding my own busines, and a level 5 or something (not making fun, i start pirates over all the time,) first of all he had no pants on, then he is trying to cut me up with a sword, and has the nerve to ask if i will be his friend, just can see it now, spania invasion, and he teleports to me,...well can i buy one of those huge cannonballs?, said i wouldnt use them, but for these occasions, i might use one to knock someone upside the head. Do i have to level my grenade to get the large one?, i dont like grenades,...(and for special efect, i make a tiny potion, then bowl him down with that big ball, that will get him for sure!) my luck he still be asking me over and over to be his friend(dont even start asking me to be your gf, then i hit you twice), or next he says can i join spania, good gravy!:excited:
EDIT (Jan 4, 2011 at 3:31 AM):
most every level 50 maxed out pirates that i have come acrossed were very humble, caring and help full pirates. did run into one level 50 that wanted me to join his guild and became very abusive when i told i really loved the guild i'm in. i could see how this guy could be scarry to childern, but i am not a child. i just figurer he get's picked on in school and then becomes the bully in the game when he gets home.:flag:

oh that is a good one red beard, is no secret, i started a pirate Jade few days ago just to join adhy privateering guild, love sailing, and wanted to learn to excel at it. Well was only like level 20, but had my own war ship by then, a level 48 or something comes on, had full crew, and he is saying,...join by privateer guild, join my privateer guild, think adhy his low pirate was on my ship to, he never says, anything just looks the other way, cause he knows **** is about to hit the fan, well he disrupted everything, then he made a big mistake, said you have to be level 30 and up to join. I said, guess that leave me out....he says hey, ships are that way, lady, where you going, cant you sail, i said, i sail a straight line, full sail straight to port, just to drop you off. And you know i was being nice, it could have been worse, think i could kill someone just with my words :daggermouth: (i am learning that just gets me banned, have to think of other ways):cursing:

Smarty ... :D

I think that word (I'm having hard time accepting the terminology "noob" without thinking about the negative connotation) is referring to an adjective rather than a noun. In my opinion, it's more of an attitude rather than the person him/herself. So an experienced player can act like a noob if he/she starts a pointless argument, for instance. On the other hand, not all new players are noobs just because they are newcomers, until he/she starts a silly argument like all that have been mentioned above. Remember, we all started off as "noobs" (= new players, not having noob attitudes).

So ... no, you are not a noob, Davy, as much as you want to be one ... :p .
EDIT (Dec 27, 2010 at 11:07 PM):

As far as 'pretending' to be a noob ... well, you've said it. It's pretending, so if you have a bad attitude, then yea, you are a noob. As long as we know what the limit is, which is stopping to be an annoyance to ppl, and stop pretending to be a noob and be a really good newcomer instead.

come on guys, every one decided the new name for noob is booger, you dont want to be a booger, ok,....lets just say newbie, new to the game sounds bit better than noob. And i started a new pirate, was leveling up my girl, killing something a level 30 guy comes up with some lower level says, we are leveling back off....and i am thinking, i know he didnt say that to me,...what?:cursing: i was here first, no one was here, they came over to me,....i said, what you think i am doing filing my nails,....said, dont ever assume you see a low level, doesnt know what they are doing, cause, they usually, and me for one, i have a pirate, much higher than you. i said, you dont believe me, just stay put, my Bella level 44 will be right back, she talk to you. :daggermouth:Then i asked his friend, want to learn to level up?, just follow me,...so yes even an experienced player can be what i call a "booger":fight:

come on guys, every one decided the new name for noob is booger, you dont want to be a booger, ok,....lets just say newbie, new to the game sounds bit better than noob. And i started a new pirate, was leveling up my girl, killing something a level 30 guy comes up with some lower level says, we are leveling back off....and i am thinking, i know he didnt say that to me,...what?:cursing: i was here first, no one was here, they came over to me,....i said, what you think i am doing filing my nails,....said, dont ever assume you see a low level, doesnt know what they are doing, cause, they usually, and me for one, i have a pirate, much higher than you. i said, you dont believe me, just stay put, my Bella level 44 will be right back, she talk to you. :daggermouth:Then i asked his friend, want to learn to level up?, just follow me,...so yes even an experienced player can be what i call a "booger":fight:

Man oh man, no wonder you kept kicking butt yesterday. Those seabeards, mollusks, and thrall captains didn't stand a chance against your wrath lol.

Man oh man, no wonder you kept kicking butt yesterday. Those seabeards, mollusks, and thrall captains didn't stand a chance against your wrath lol.

I am really a very shy girl Ben, hehe:oops:, treasuerer will back me up on that,..i think:confused:
:piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey::piratemickey:

Guys I know how some " noobs " act like there better even if you have the best weapons in the game and are a level 50 it aint goin to change we have to face that when the new POTC movie comes out there will be a bunch of updates to the game that will cause a noob invasion do you guys know how you fight jollys invasions well this is goin to be one of the noobs no matter what level we all must hide before the noob tsuname hits us.

Noobs are actually good for higher level players. They make great errand boys.... and slaves.
It's all how you approach them. Remember when you were a level 5 and working for that blunderbluss when all of a sudden a level 50 crewed you and you felt so delighted? And you would be happy to do anything for that higher level because you owed him one?

When I want to start a crew I hire about a decent level crew and one, ONLY ONE, noob. I make him do the repairs. Just the repairs! An he or she will be happy to do so because in return they know they will get some gold and maybe my respect, maybe of course.

So my children, don't be rude!
Go out and friend a noob!

Noobs are actually good for higher level players. They make great errand boys.... and slaves.
It's all how you approach them. Remember when you were a level 5 and working for that blunderbluss when all of a sudden a level 50 crewed you and you felt so delighted? And you would be happy to do anything for that higher level because you owed him one?

When I want to start a crew I hire about a decent level crew and one, ONLY ONE, noob. I make him do the repairs. Just the repairs! An he or she will be happy to do so because in return they know they will get some gold and maybe my respect, maybe of course.

Well Fear, when I have noob pirates on the game and on a ship, I don't mind doing repairs to earn my keep(corset. ;)), but after I get that corset scoot over man cause I am after cannon rep! Respect is earned, it can't be commanded. :)

What's the name of your ship? :)

Well Fear, when I have noob pirates on the game and on a ship, I don't mind doing repairs to earn my keep(corset. ;)), but after I get that corset scoot over man cause I am after cannon rep! Respect is earned, it can't be commanded. :)

What's the name of your ship? :)

I'm sorry, but I strongly object the word "slave" that you used. To me it refers to somebody who is not entitled to have his/her own freedom. I do not mind having the so-called "noobs" on my ship. I certainly hope that they would know their place, in term of mutual benefits - I get the help that I need, and since they are not experienced enough to have impact on cannoning, I hope they would know to help repair. In return, they would get richer from plundering. But that is based solely on the noobs' conscience; if they choose to cannon, I would let them (they need to level up too). Ideally, I would expect everybody on my ship to know their place; there is no 'job' that is too 'low' on my ship for anybody. Higher level ppl can repair too; just because they are high level, doesn't mean that they are only entitled to sink ships/cannon. And vice versa; just because noobs are low level, doesn't mean that they can only repair.

What I am saying is, there is no set "rule of the game" in my ship that level of notoriety determines a pirate's role. That is cruel. What we expect is everybody's conscience. The problem usually happens when a noob just doesn't want to repair at all and let the higher level ppl do that, just because they don't mind doing it. That IS called unfairness. Especially after the Capt asks nicely for everybody on the ship to help repair. If even the higher level ppl wouldn't mind helping, why wouldn't the noobs do the same thing ... It happens. In that case, I would just port, and let the unhelpful ppl go. Higher level or lower level, no difference (some higher level ppl just hike on your ship and do glitches or silly stuff. I admit, I was guilty of it too maybe twice in my pirate history).

Having said that, I agree that we can befriend "noobs", especially if they do help and are genuinely nice. Btw, when I was a newbie, I didn't try to befriend higher level ppl or try to make myself worthy of their friendship or even feel I owed any of those higher lvl ppl. I knew my place; I didn't try to get to a war ship just to get money; I helped repair when there was no cannon left. And I went to the cannon when there was a cannon available. Basically; I altered what I did; repaired some and cannoned some. That way everybody got the fair share of the benefits; rep and money.

i refer to noob as an inexperienced person who plays. yes they are irritating sometimes when they ask all the weapons you have and would you be my freind .

That will be the French...
Actually I don't know

LOL
biggrin.gif

Well, I don't know either where it came from. Look it up on Wikipedia, maybe?
I get asked all the time by low levels to be their friend, only for them to ask for assistance in quests and then when I try to whisper to them afterwards, like do you need any help, they are asking who I am and why am I their friend.

Back