Notices Sent to Members

Johnny Mak

Lead Mod
Ahoy Members!!!:fight:

We(Admins and Moderators) have been catching a lot of flack over notices being sent to members about different things going on in the Forums. This being said not all of them are bad notices:flag:. Their are a few of you of course receiving bans for repeated acts against the Code on this site, Warnings for infractions and so on. :chill: The notices we constantly send out are mainly to let you know that we have changed the status on something you said. Not ALL notices we send are being counted against you. For instance, if we merge your thread with another, Edit your post in some way, or put it in a different area, we want you to know about it so you don't wonder "well what on earth happened." I've seen quite a few members getting upset because they have had something on the site removed also. You should have received a notice stating why it happened, whether there was a common thread and it was merged or deleted because of its content. If any of you have any questions PLEASE feel free to let us know so we can make things more enjoyable here. I also know quite a few of you believe we are a little too harsh with how we handle things and that simply is just how this place will be run... Not everyone here is an adult and we have decided to stick closely with how Disney runs pirates. Inappropriate content will be removed and you will receive warnings upon repeating these acts, and possibly even bans for consistently going above the call of duty to ignore rules.:rumgone:
Sincerely,
Johnny Mak, Admin and the rest of the Pirates Forums Staff

We(Admins and Moderators) have been catching a lot of flack over notices being sent to members about different things going on in the Forums. This being said not all of them are bad notices:flag:. Their are a few of you of course receiving bans for repeated acts against the Code on this site, Warnings for infractions and so on. :chill: The notices we constantly send out are mainly to let you know that we have changed the status on something you said not ALL notices we send are being counted against you. For instance, if we merge your thread with another, Edit your post in some way, or put it in a different area we want you to know about it so you dont wonder "well what on earth happened." I've seen quite a few members getting upset because they have had something on the site removed also, you should have received a notice stating why it happened whether there was a common thread and it was merged or deleted because of its content. If any of you have any questions PLEASE feel free to let us know so we can make things more enjoyable here. I also know quite a few of you believe we are a little to harsh with how we handle things and that simply is just how this place will be run... not everyone here is an adult and we have decided to stick closely with how Disney runs pirates. Inappropriate content will be removed and you will receive warnings upon repeating these acts, and possibly even bans for consistently going above the call of duty to ignore rules.:rumgone:
Sincerely,
sticking close to how disney runs... that makes sense....

We(Admins and Moderators) have been catching a lot of flack over notices being sent to members about different things going on in the Forums. This being said not all of them are bad notices:flag:. Their are a few of you of course receiving bans for repeated acts against the Code on this site, Warnings for infractions and so on. :chill: The notices we constantly send out are mainly to let you know that we have changed the status on something you said. Not ALL notices we send are being counted against you. For instance, if we merge your thread with another, Edit your post in some way, or put it in a different area, we want you to know about it so you don't wonder "well what on earth happened." I've seen quite a few members getting upset because they have had something on the site removed also. You should have received a notice stating why it happened, whether there was a common thread and it was merged or deleted because of its content. If any of you have any questions PLEASE feel free to let us know so we can make things more enjoyable here. I also know quite a few of you believe we are a little too harsh with how we handle things and that simply is just how this place will be run... Not everyone here is an adult and we have decided to stick closely with how Disney runs pirates. Inappropriate content will be removed and you will receive warnings upon repeating these acts, and possibly even bans for consistently going above the call of duty to ignore rules.:rumgone:
Sincerely,
Appluase......."we have decided to stick closely with how Disney runs pirates"

Maybe not the best choice of words, but the part about Disney is mostly regarding inappropriate content. Not their moderation practices as a whole.

This thread is here because a lot of people get "notices" in their inbox from moderators, and assume it's a bad thing. It's not.

The ironic thing is, we send these notices because we want to be transparent about what changes we're making, we want to let you know instead of just editing or moving things and leaving you to guess. Other forums and Disney have been criticized for not letting people know what's up. It's turning out to be a case of darned if you do and darned if you don't.

Sometimes, someone might receive a warning (or if the bad behavior becomes a pattern, a ban) for violating the rules. It's not personal, but whether you bothered to check them or not, we do have rules, which can always be found at https://piratesforums.co/help/terms. Nothing we do is deceitful or should be a mystery. If you do end up on the receiving end of a consequence for violating the rules, just learn from it and don't do it again, and all is good.

Lastly, we're people too. And believe it or not I'm a pretty reasonable person. So if you don't like a rule, a staff member, or feel like something is being handled poorly, you can always yell at me in a convo about it. Unlike Disney, I do listen, I promise.

https://piratesforums.co/conversations/add?to=Davy Darkrage

If you're still not convinced, we obviously can't force you to stay.. but things aren't going to change if you don't tell me or another admin what we're doing wrong.

We obviously have picked up on moderating with all the new staff, me being one of them. We are moderating more now, then we were before because there are more of us. If we see something, we will take action or whatever needs to be done."Notices" aren't bad, we are just letting you know. "Warnings" you have to kinda worry about. These are when you break the rules. You should be grateful you have moderators, trying their best to keep your experience safe on these sites. I guess some people take advantage of what they're offered... :arrrrr:

Lastly, we're people too. And believe it or not I'm a pretty reasonable person. So if you don't like a rule, a staff member, or feel like something is being handled poorly, you can always yell at me in a convo about it. Unlike Disney, I do listen, I promise.

CORRECTION!

Please, please do NOT yell at Davy. He has done so much for this site and mostly because of his designing and programming abilities that this site exists to begin with. We all are civilized people; there is no need to yell. And just something to think about, saying a good thing in a bad way is not going to get us any further than saying it nicely.

Just say anything you would like to say nicely, and Davy will pay attention. He always does. :)

I have greatly enjoyed this site, and am filled with more respect now for the work that goes into it. And I have received a 'warning' notice once. Davy is right, just take it, you know you did something wrong (or if you didn't know it was wrong) after the warning, you know not to do it again. It's not as if someone on the other end is judging you in any way. They're just making the site safe for all age groups.

Thank you to all the staff that works so tirelessly to make the forums a fun place to connect with our fellow pirates. You are much appreciated :D

Davy and all Staff,
Last night when i checked the Forum,I saw 9 Staff members on line. I posted on my profile that there must be
a meeting. Just want you all to know i didn'realize you had posted important information.
Please realize i was not poking fun at anybody about this thread. I didn.t realize this was here. It just struck me funny to see all on at the same time.

Maybe not the best choice of words, but the part about Disney is mostly regarding inappropriate content. Not their moderation practices as a whole.

This thread is here because a lot of people get "notices" in their inbox from moderators, and assume it's a bad thing. It's not.

The ironic thing is, we send these notices because we want to be transparent about what changes we're making, we want to let you know instead of just editing or moving things and leaving you to guess. Other forums and Disney have been criticized for not letting people know what's up. It's turning out to be a case of darned if you do and darned if you don't.

Sometimes, someone might receive a warning (or if the bad behavior becomes a pattern, a ban) for violating the rules. It's not personal, but whether you bothered to check them or not, we do have rules, which can always be found at https://piratesforums.co/help/terms. Nothing we do is deceitful or should be a mystery. If you do end up on the receiving end of a consequence for violating the rules, just learn from it and don't do it again, and all is good.

If you're still not convinced, we obviously can't force you to stay.. but things aren't going to change if you don't tell me or another admin what we're doing wrong.
dont take this offensively, but i dont really think we're that stupid..... i mean i think if we see it we will get the point instead of you guys spamming my inbox.

dont take this offensively, but i dont really think we're that stupid..... i mean i think if we see it we will get the point instead of you guys spamming my inbox.

Aye we like to think your not stupid either. that being said we respect you folks enough to notify you when we change something pertaining to you. It's not something we have to do its something we have chosen to do out of respect for our community.

Aye we like to think your not stupid either. that being said we respect you folks enough to notify you when we change something pertaining to you. It's not something we have to do its something we have chosen to do out of respect for our community.
Well then please dont do it to me if you choose to do it.

Lol well we arent going to change how the entire site is run for just one disgruntled person if you dont want notifications go into your preferences and turn them off. The notifications will continue especially since your watching this thread lol unsubscribe and move on?

Well then please dont do it to me if you choose to do it.
You just have to learn to deal with some things. There will be things you don't like, and things you will like. We as Moderators and Admins have to send you a message telling what we did. Its required for each staff member on the site, we can't choose to not do it.

Lol well we arent going to change how the entire site is run for just one disgruntled person if you dont want notifications go into your preferences and turn them off. The notifications will continue especially since your watching this thread lol unsubscribe and move on?
thats NOT what im talking about. im talking about mods spamming me with notices , and the prefences page you CANT remove that.

Oh mah gosh thank you sooooo much.... I have 1 problem tho.... Where it says like "Whats new" "Search Forums" and stuff like that, its in the area where the Pirate's heads are, and there like headles....

Oh mah gosh thank you sooooo much.... I have 1 problem tho.... Where it says like "Whats new" "Search Forums" and stuff like that, its in the area where the Pirate's heads are, and there like headles....

:lol1: Internet Explorer ... Davy's bane ... go ahead, D ... This one will make your day!
Happened to me too once ...

Back