Idea Notoriety Levels Past 50

Notoriety Levels Past 50?

• Total voters

Sal

Honorable Pirate
I first want to recognize @Darkslinger for inspiring me to think outside the box and come up this idea for more end-game activities for TLOPO in his discussion thread found here: https://piratesforums.co/threads/what-end-game-activities-would-you-like-to-see-in-game.28210/

So, let’s get started!

A major issue in TLOPO, in my opinion, is players getting bored and quitting the game. What leads to this, is a player maxing out their pirate at level 50, and finishing all the skills, etc... That’s basically how most quit the game, apart from those diehard TLOPO players who make multiple pirates and max them out. (You guys are the best <3)

Anyways! Picture this. What if instead of stopping at notoriety 50, and slowly losing interest in the game, you could continue your journey with notoriety levels?! What if you could continue past notoriety 50, and keep grinding out levels to show how much of a Pirate Legend you are!

Now, I get there are going to be those who argue, “But that’s lame! It has always been 50 as max, and if you continue to grind past it, you’ll become too OP and unkillable!”

Okay, I see your point, it’s a massive change to the game, and it could be OP if grinded excessively. However! There don’t even have to be additional HP points or Voodoo points awarded per notoriety level past 50. It could solely have the purpose of showing how much you love the game, and how much you play it!

Now, I sadly don’t see this being added ever. But, you never know! One day, TLOPO could surprise us! Let me know below your thoughts, possible suggestions for the idea, and any arguments you have against it (try to keep it constructive criticism though, we’re all friends here!) :)

Also! Make sure to vote in the poll above! :D

Ahoy @Sal,

I will firstly say that I love the optimistic thinking, and here is why I (personally) don't believe that increasing the Hard Cap for Player Notoriety past Level 50 is the way to go about it.

The problem as mentioned on a post recently of similar substance, is that adding additional Levels to grind out on their own does nothing, regardless of what small negligible bonuses are applied per Level. This is more of a problem with the current Notoriety system more than any possible revamps, but past Level 30 (in which you've unlocked Raven's Cove) there aren't any clear and concise activities that make leveling past that point entirely worth it, and there really isn't a whole lot of incentive either.

If players want the level cap to be raised, my first thought would be to add milestone objectives for higher levelled pirates from the current base cap of 50 first, such as possible a new set of quests available to unlock the new islands coming in the future maybe? I personally don't have any concepts in mind myself, but adding a new number to grind to without a reason to do so just doesn't seem viable in the current state of the game. There needs to be content, otherwise leveling past that point is just a negligible health increase, minor increases to weapons due to notoriety increase, and decreasing the difficulty of some bosses due to the way the level system interacts with combat.

Feel free to ask me to go into more detail about any part of my wall of text, I want hesitate! :p

Ahoy @Sal,

adding additional Levels to grind out on their own does nothing, regardless of what small negligible bonuses are applied per Level.

While I agree that this doesn't add any true content to the game, perhaps a simple prestige style system or alternative level-badge system can add some bonuses for players that already play regardless of content.

Ahoy @Sal,
There needs to be content, otherwise leveling past that point is just a negligible health increase, minor increases to weapons due to notoriety increase, and decreasing the difficulty of some bosses due to the way the level system interacts with combat.

This is my main beef with increasing notoriety levels. Players will get increased health and damage as they level up further and I find this unnecessary as players are already pretty strong. This in turn may force the developers into making tougher enemies to compensate, which the game may not really need at the moment. Increasing our level without any of these bonuses nor any badge/medal system also serves no real purpose and adds no substance to the game.

Ahoy @Sal,

I will firstly say that I love the optimistic thinking, and here is why I (personally) don't believe that increasing the Hard Cap for Player Notoriety past Level 50 is the way to go about it.

The problem as mentioned on a post recently of similar substance, is that adding additional Levels to grind out on their own does nothing, regardless of what small negligible bonuses are applied per Level. This is more of a problem with the current Notoriety system more than any possible revamps, but past Level 30 (in which you've unlocked Raven's Cove) there aren't any clear and concise activities that make leveling past that point entirely worth it, and there really isn't a whole lot of incentive either.

If players want the level cap to be raised, my first thought would be to add milestone objectives for higher levelled pirates from the current base cap of 50 first, such as possible a new set of quests available to unlock the new islands coming in the future maybe? I personally don't have any concepts in mind myself, but adding a new number to grind to without a reason to do so just doesn't seem viable in the current state of the game. There needs to be content, otherwise leveling past that point is just a negligible health increase, minor increases to weapons due to notoriety increase, and decreasing the difficulty of some bosses due to the way the level system interacts with combat.

Feel free to ask me to go into more detail about any part of my wall of text, I want hesitate! :p
I like your point and understand it completely. In my opinion though I would see adding notoriety levels as pretty innocent in the fact that they would just make a player feel they are achieving something else further instead of just reaching 50. To me notoriety could go on infinitely, of course more rep required every level, and I wouldn’t see an issue with it being a thing, solely to show how much a Pirate has grinded. Let me know your furthered opinion. :)

I think it is certain that eventually higher notoriety and weapons skill levels need to be added. This is not something that should be done without very careful planning. I'd like to see an update like El Patron's Weapons but at a higher level yet added to the game, this would require new areas with higher level enemies and weapons to fight them with. I hope that such an update would generally leave the existing game as is and isolate the new content so that only those players who are either ready or don't mind being out matched need encounter that part of the game. With such things in place I am not concerned about top level players being too op for the current game.

Back in POTCO when they made lvl 50 the " cap level " it actually wasn't capped. You could go beyond level 50, however, I'm not sure if this also gave you higher health and mana. I believe the highest level ever reached was lvl 54. This is one picture I found.

This bug also took place when players initially got to max level (40) but could still keep on leveling up as seen here:

Back