Notoriety/weapon level higher?

Should Disney increase Notoriety and weapon level?

• Yes, only if they add new skills on each weapon

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Yes, only if they make new higher levels enemies

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • No, I'm still working to master my first pirate

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • No, I got to many pirates to remaster

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Yes, If overall game difficulty is increased and made more challenging/worth playing

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • No, I don't like leveling

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters

LEO

Site Founder
We currently are set at 50 notoriety with weapons levels 30. When this update was added, it came with no new skills for any weapon which kind of made the game really easy because we could fix our skills with the extra points for more damage and longer lasting time. Right now there is only a few things a level 50 cannot do alone as everything is just easy...

I personally think they should increase the Noto. and weapons level however they should add at least a new skill for each weapon(I don't think there has been a new skill since the game came out). Also along with that, they should Increase the overall difficulty(ex. stronger enemy ships with more hull) and add new higher enemies that will challenge master levels and keep them interested in the game.

I agree. If they keep increasing the weapons levels, then it would be very possible to completely max out each skill for the weapons. Where would the challenge be then if that were to happen? As it stands right now, our abilities are based upon our skills we use the points on and the weapon we use. Anyone can have lv 30 sword but can be horrible at it if they are using a rusty cutlass. Each higher weapon found increases our skill. So, if they do increase the weapons then new skills have to come along with them or max the skills out at 6 or more points instead of just the 5.

Noto level increase will increase our overall health and voodoo points. This will then make us harder to kill and allow our voodoo skills to be greater. Noto increase is going to be very necessary as any new quests and higher level enemies come along. If the second story chapter were to ever come out, then new enemies would be necessary as well as at least increasing the noto level.

With all of these new weapons with more powerful skills being found, a weapons level increase could be held off for a while. Like I said already, each weapon has different skills and increases the skills that we already have. This is almost like having a weapons lv increase.

If POTCO were to compete with other online games, they a increase in these will have to happen. I'm betting it will be later than sooner, lol.

Most of this is a balance issue more than a "we need a higher cap" thing. Even if they incorporate a higher level cap, they'd need to rebalance the game to make it harder for these newly enhanced pirates. For example, I'd say Foulberto is the strongest boss in the game right now, and even a maxed pirate couldn't topple him alone. This is all well and good, and a step in the right direction, but it needs to be a little more broad.

If you want to make the game more challenging, yes, increase the level caps, but also throw in some new or re-leveled enemies to make it interesting. Maybe some of the wild islands could be revamped to make them truly dangerous. Perhaps some caves/mines could be made more dangerous. As it stands right now, there's no place a pirate really fears going. Why not make places like that? You see low-level basic players at Darkhart all the time, why not make a place that they're SURE to get destroyed at if they go there?

All in all, the POTCO staff is going to be facing a MAJOR problem in the next year or so if they don't get to re-balancing. I've seen it happen before, and it's not pretty!

Hope they don't raise the dang levels for noto. I had four maxed pirates deleted for no apparent reason. So I'm not a fan of leveling anymore. Only a lvl 44 on my main. At least wait 'till I'm maxed.... And I really don't want to go through leveling cannon, potions, staff and doll.. :eek: Or grenades, forgot about those little annoyances. :mad:

Where is the fun in a game that you can beat it easily? I seriously would like the noto to increase and new weapon skills added. If that means leveling grenades again, fine. Im game for something more challenging while leveling. Harder enemies, new places to explore. Harder ships, challenging flag ships like the QAR. If more is added to the game, I wouldnt mind leveling more pirates :D
Dont get me wrong, I still like the game. But a little more challenge wouldnt hurt.

Where is the fun in a game that you can beat it easily? I seriously would like the noto to increase and new weapon skills added. If that means leveling grenades again, fine. Im game for something more challenging while leveling. Harder enemies, new places to explore. Harder ships, challenging flag ships like the QAR. If more is added to the game, I wouldnt mind leveling more pirates :D
Dont get me wrong, I still like the game. But a little more challenge wouldnt hurt.

eugh... grenades.. the thought of it makes me shed a tear :eek: But i do agree with you lol

Reactions: Bad
I know people who have left POTCO to play WoW. Their notoriety lv cap in WoW is 80. If Pirates is going to compete, they need to raise our cap, add new weapon skills and allow us to make more than 4 pirates per account. In WoW you are allowed to make far more than 4.

Yes to both increases and if we could get more skill points more than likely disney would increase the limit from 5 to possibly 6 or 7 that way we dont have everything maxed.

I know people who have left POTCO to play WoW. Their notoriety lv cap in WoW is 80. If Pirates is going to compete, they need to raise our cap, add new weapon skills and allow us to make more than 4 pirates per account. In WoW you are allowed to make far more than 4.
LoL WoW takes like 16 GB to play where pirates is like 700 mb. About 2 large guilds left POTCO one for WoW and one for LOTR. I agree with you that a lot should be added in skills and other stuff in POTCO. Theres 9 offensive skills in sword and 8 in sailing(2 being broadsides) which is really very little in my opinion(around 8 offensive skills in each weapon). I think they have the ability to a lot with POTCO but It would require Disney to invest more in the game and since POTCO isn't a major part of their incorporation, i doubt they will move anywhere fast with major updates like this.

No no no! Never! Uh uh, Nein! 50 is such a good number, as well as 30. Lvl 60 and lvl 35, seems so.. ugh. True we have something to do but, Nada for me! It took me over a year to master my LIVE pirate, what makes you think Im going through that again? lol. I just feel sorry for those who have more than one pirate....

No no no! Never! Uh uh, Nein! 50 is such a good number, as well as 30. Lvl 60 and lvl 35, seems so.. ugh. True we have something to do but, Nada for me! It took me over a year to master my LIVE pirate, what makes you think Im going through that again? lol. I just feel sorry for those who have more than one pirate....

And you are talking to ...?

I'd say yes and no. I wish there was a neutral option up there on the poll. Yes, I wouldn't mind notoriety level increase, BUT let's do it after at least I master one pirate out of 4 (which could take forever ...). And yes, Basil, you need to feel sorry to that group - that I'm in - even though I haven't mastered any. Imagine my way would be looooooong-er ...

And you are talking to ...?

I'd say yes and no. I wish there was a neutral option up there on the poll. Yes, I wouldn't mind notoriety level increase, BUT let's do it after at least I master one pirate out of 4 (which could take forever ...). And yes, Basil, you need to feel sorry to that group - that I'm in - even though I haven't mastered any. Imagine my way would be looooooong-er ...

Not really to anyone directly, its just out there. If they do increase the Lvl, Jade, you have your work cut out for you :)

Back