Announcement Now Hiring: Greeters

Discussion in 'Forum News and Announcements' started by John Foulroberts, Nov 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Foulroberts

Admin

Ahoy everyone!

We're re-evaluating our staffing needs and thought it best to open up the opportunity for community members to join our team.

Specifically, we're looking for a few new Greeters. As a Greeter, your responsibility is to make all new members feel welcome. You will receive alerts for each new member that joins so that you may post welcome messages on their profile and/or their welcome threads.

The forums is run entirely by volunteers and we appreciate all the help that we can get. As a disclaimer, being forums staff is not related in any way to being TLOPO staff - the two are separate staff teams.

If you would like to be considered for the Greeter position, please simply reply below expressing your interest.

This thread will be closed November 12 at 11PM Eastern. No further applicants will be considered after this time.

Thanks for your interest and for your time.

2. Misha

Misha Wanted Pirate

I would be grateful to become a greeter with the Forums. I'm on the forums daily, and I love helping players and making them feel welcomed. This community is a fantastic place to be, and being able to contribute even further would be splendid.

3. Ben Phantomfox

Ben Phantomfox Honorable Pirate

Definitely something on my bucket list - helping the forums in any way! I'd love to be a greeter. I'm on the forums about every single day, so I'm already at my time's expense hanging out here. This seems like an awesome opportunity!

4. Mark Murlock

Mark Murlock Pirate Apprentice

I would love the opportunity to help out the forums as a greeter!
    Thanks for the post, John!

5. Nate II

Nate II Pirate Apprentice

I’d absolutely love to be a greeter! I’ve been here so long and love the forums so much! Round 2 of greeter tryouts. May the odds be ever in your favor.

6. Gracie<3

Gracie<3 Honorable Pirate

I am still kind of newish here, but I'm checking the forums daily and wouldn't mind helping out :type:

7. Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff

I believe I am active enough on this forums to provide such a role. It will also give me more opportunities to help players with questions they might have as well! :cheers:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  8. Greyvicee

Greyvicee Wanted Pirate

I'd love to become a Greeter because it would enable me to become more active within our community, and when I start something Im passionate about I stick with it.

9. David Ironeagle

David Ironeagle Honorable Pirate

I was a Greeter once for a brief span several years ago, but real life got in the way unfortunately and my time was limited. Now that my irl circumstances have improved significantly, I would love nothing more than to return to playing an active role in our great community here!

10. PrivateRiley

PrivateRiley Pirate Lord

I would love the chance to take on a more involved role in the community.

11. Lilith (Abaddon)

Lilith (Abaddon) Wanted Pirate

I'd love to be a Greeter more than anything! I'm always giving a warm welcome to all the new people in the New Members thread. I like being involved and to help the community in any way I can and make everyone feel home!

12. Kate Ironhawk

Kate Ironhawk Honorable Pirate

I am interested in becoming a Greeter once more for I have been able to get back into the swing of things of being on in between school and work life :)

13. John ironstack

John ironstack Dockworker

I would love to be able to greet new people into the forums it would make the forum more people friendly too then it already is

Luna Storm and Captain Star like this.
  14. theWizter

theWizter Pirate Apprentice

15. Ed

Ed Pirate Apprentice

What better way to make friends then to greet all the newcomers :D

This would also help me get back in the groove of the game, I have so much to give and so much to learn. I would love this position.

squintz, tiberias, JessieTT and 3 others like this.
  16. squintz

squintz Pirate Lord

Thank you for opening some positions with the forums. I already commit plenty of time to the forums and try to be helpful. I'd like to be considered for a greeter opening.
    Even if you don't offer a legendary weapon as a gift I'd still would enjoy the role.
    Thanks for the opportunity to be a little more than just a member.

17. Voidless

Voidless Dockworker

ahoy.gif welcome-team.gif Welcome to the Pirate Forums!!!!

18. Mark Scurvyfox

Mark Scurvyfox Parley Negotiator

I wouldn't suppose you had an armchair lying around somewhere... But if you did, I'd pretty much appreciate to serve as an Armchair Negotiator. :angel:

19. Thomas Daggerbones

Thomas Daggerbones Honorable Pirate

I would love to be a greeter! I have always wanted to help out and greet newcomers. I am usually on the forums or in-game so I am available most of the time. I have also previously stated that I'd want to help out the staff in any way possible!
    :buds:

Captain Star likes this.
  20. Rockhopper

Rockhopper Dockworker

I really wanto to be greeters , i am very active player and upload videos in youtube with guide and everthing and its important to me because i play pirates of caribbean since 2007-8

Captain Star likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.